Day passes?

Chooz2Cruz

I have checked the island threads and Day pass info here, but am not seeing answer.

I see that the Renaissance in Aruba is suppose to offer day passes. I have tried to email, but got no response from the resort. Can anyone tell me if they stilll offer day passes? And if so, how can I purchase pre-cruise? Thanks for you help. I need to find out in the next couple of weeks.

I have checked the island threads and Day pass info here, but am not seeing answer.

I see that the Renaissance in Aruba is suppose to offer day passes. I have tried to email, but got no response from the resort. Can anyone tell me if they stilll offer day passes? And if so, how can I purchase pre-cruise? Thanks for you help. I need to find out in the next couple of weeks.

Check your shore excursions, sometimes Celebrity has them with a couple of perks like a drink and a meal. We did one in Grand Cayman. Checking the port board as someone mentioned is always a good idea.

Edited by dkjretired

Neither Aruba or GC require any sort of "day pass" to have a lovely beach day! Beaches are all public and there are chair/umbrella rentals up and down the beaches! You can walk up to any hotel and order food, although you can't use their pool or chairs.... Of course, if you must have a pool, then you will need to book thru a hotel....

Thank you for all the responses. Last time we were in Aruba, we kept being told by every hotel that we could not use the chairs/umbrellas. They did not offer to have us pay. We walked the beach for about an hour, and not one place allowed us to use the chairs. We were all adults. We don't care about a pool, the ocean is all we need along with chairs and umbrellas. Maybe this time, we will not be turned away. We were told that only guests could use them.

You should go to Palm Beach, and go to Amsterdam Manor. They have a beautiful beach, and you can rent 2 chairs and an umbrella for about $30. We go there and usually just use our towels. The beach is so wide there. We also take the local bus for less than $5.00 each way for the both of us. Makes for a great day. They also have restrooms right there at the beach. And a beach bar, with really yummy drinks. They have happy hour from 5-6 each evening, 2 for 1 drinks!

We also did a day pass on this hotel. We bought the day pass in the lobby of the hotel, and took the lovely boat ride to their private island, which was not crowded at all. I have been to Aruba many times and have dealt with their crowded beaches and would do this again without hesitation.