Just returned from the Conquest

deborahjo

We just returned from the Conquest for a beautiful 8 day cruise. Even missing the Dominican Republic it was great.

The only problem we had was with the Officers in the dining room.

My husband and I have restricted meals. My husband had been for 4 cruises and mine started on this cruise. It became a joke to them which made our waitstaff work even harder to correct their constant mistakes.

I actually sat on deck 3 on Tuesday and waited to speak to the matri'd. Sorry for the spelling. We explained to him what was happening. He stood in front of us and laughed in our face. He was extremely disrespectful. This was just on horrible experience.

As I said I loved the cruise but Carnival just needs to make their officers learn respect their guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just returned from the Conquest for a beautiful 8 day cruise. Even missing the Dominican Republic it was great.

My husband and I have restricted meals. My husband had been for 4 cruises and mine started on this cruise. It became a joke to them which made our waitstaff work even harder to correct their constant mistakes.

I actually sat on deck 3 on Tuesday and waited to speak to the matri'd. Sorry for the spelling. We explained to him what was happening. He stood in front of us and laughed in our face. He was extremely disrespectful. This was just on horrible experience.

As I said I loved the cruise but Carnival just needs to make their officers learn respect their guest.

That really sounds odd as I've heard nothing but praise for Carnivals treatment of those with special diet needs.

What do you mean by restrictive meals? Meaning you and your husband needed a special diet? And what officers laughed at it? That seems very odd and unprofessional. Maybe I'm not understanding.

I know someone who was on this cruise and they also said they had a wonderful time.

What type of restriction would anyone laugh at? Is it something unusual that maybe they had never heard of? I can't imagine everyone laughing at it...unless it's something quite unusual...

Glad you have a good cruise otherwise!

What officers got involved in a dietary matter and why?

Would like to here more.

DW has unusual food allergies and usually they work well with her.

However they used to have social host/hostess take care of ordering and supervising and now the head waiter does and results have not been so good.

Several cruises ago they did awful job and we complained to MD and told him we had no wish to be with this server again.

They arranged for our meals to be brought to lido deck and even made a special dinner to apologize.

What officers got involved in a dietary matter and why?

I was wondering that too. The officers of the ship are the bridge crew and the engineering crew. Not the wait staff, the cooks, and the maitre d. I think the OP is confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Names you want. Here goes. The Chef, Asst Matri'd Mr Kapil and Ivan the head of the Renoir Dining Room.

We are Bariatric patients so we can barely eat half portions of food.

Husband has done 4 cruises with 0 problems This one was nothing but trouble. Half portions are on our profiles and was totally ignored.

We choose half portions to not be tempted to over eat and become ill.

If they escalated it, the hotel manager could be involved. That is why I asked for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone

They never took it seriously. They belittled us in front of our family and the whole dining room.

My husband took Mr Kapil aside on the third evening to speak to him because he got very loud and treated us like stupid idiots.

That is horrible. A waiter or anyone that works in the food industry should never let how they feel about a situation be known either by non-verbal and verbal clues.

I hope you get some resolution that you will be happy with, but I also realize that very likely this will never be addressed with you.

These issues were addressed with the Captain by way of a 4 page letter on Wednesday October 5th. There was no response and the problems continued.

I'm in no way trying to minimize your issue but what could have taken up 4 pages and did you realistically expect him to read it?

I don't see it as a laughing matter. I find this very insensitive of the maitre d or anyone else who blew it off. I don't get what was so hard in limiting how much was put on the plate. At the same time, I also don't get why it would have been so difficult to just eat what you could. Surely the knowledge that eating too much would make you sick would give you pause. We cruised recently with my sister's coworker who has had gastric surgery. She eats very little in a single setting. I don't think she asked for smaller portions. Matter of fact I know she didn't, because each night the wait staff would ask her if she disliked her meal, because she ate so little. She never went into it. Just said she had a small appetite. I guess everyone handles things differently.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise in spite of this issue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk