Thanksgiving on board dining question

sppunk

I know the MDR will have a turkey dinner, but does anyone know if the Pinnacle offers a different holiday menu?

Or if there are special brunches or anything?

Thanksgiving will be on a sea day for our upcoming 11 day Koningsdam cruise.

I have never seen a different PG menu for Thanksgiving. Have been on a few Thanksgiving Day cruises- both Canadian and American.

what I have seen is that there was an appetizer/whatever that you wanted for from the MDR that they would get it for you. Of course, depends on the ship and the server so. YMMV ;)

I was happy to get my escargots. For the life of me, can't figure out why the PG doesn't offer those? LOL ;)

I have never seen a different PG menu for Thanksgiving. Have been on a few Thanksgiving Day cruises- both Canadian and American.

what I have seen is that there was an appetizer/whatever that you wanted for from the MDR that they would get it for you. Of course, depends on the ship and the server so. YMMV ;)

I was happy to get my escargots. For the life of me, can't figure out why the PG doesn't offer those? LOL ;)

Happy thanksgiving to you!!!

If you cruise on Celebrity (and often on Princess) you can get Escargot every night in the MDR...for the asking. And both those lines do a good job (yummy).

Hank

We did Thanksgiving on board last yr. It was a wonderful plate with turkey, stuffing in the middle surrounded by all the fall root veggies. Dessert (we chose pumpkin pie) came with a chocolate molded turkey.

the main dining room does have two recipes of escargot on the menu. If you tell them ahead I am sure they will have one for dinner.

When we first started cruising, a couple near us wanted a certain fish cooked a certain way on up coming Friday. We laughed but they told the waiter "we know the chef will do this if we asked ahead of time". This fish was not on the regular menu but there it was on Friday". We became a HAL fan for sure!

Thanksgiving in the MDR was very nice but stay away from the pumpkin pie as it is not like any I have ever had. As I like turkey and the fixings would not go to the Pinnacle on Thanksgiving.

Just ask your server for what you would like the next day and he may be able to accommodate you. Once mentioned that the Pinnacle would not serve escargot from the MDR menu one night and ended up being surprised with escargot for the next 3 nights - then finally had to tell the steward to stop!

Edited by take us away

Confused. Does the MDR only have a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner or will we have other options (i.e. steak, seafood, etc.)?

We have had three Thanksgiving dinners aboard HAL and turkey was just one of several entrees available on the menu.