Miami Port Hotels!!

jgskes

I hope I am posting in the right place. We are cruising 12/24/2016 on Carnival Vista. I always cruise out of Galveston or New Orleans. I am trying to find somewhere inexpensive to stay on 12/23 with a shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the ship. HELP!!! Lol. I am not used to being out of my comfort zone...lol. TIA!

We are cruising out of Miami in November. We did Priceline for 2 days before the sail and got the Sonesta Coconut Grove and for the night we debark, we booked the Trump National in Doral and will uber from the port. It's close to the airport and has a free shuttle. Also the hubs likes to golf!

Edited by Dearabby_84

We like the downtown area, which is between the airport and the Port of Miami. There is a people mover to take you around. Bayside marketplace is close by. We have stayed at the Marriott Courtyard Brickell. This time we have booked the Langford Hotel.

I hope I am posting in the right place. We are cruising 12/24/2016 on Carnival Vista. I always cruise out of Galveston or New Orleans. I am trying to find somewhere inexpensive to stay on 12/23 with a shuttle from the airport and a shuttle to the ship. HELP!!! Lol. I am not used to being out of my comfort zone...lol. TIA!

It's hard to find a place that offers both a free shuttle from the airport and then a shuttle to the ship here in Miami.

It would be very helpful if you gave everyone your idea of inexpensive. Being that it's a holiday, it may be a bit more difficult.

I will tell you that LMT.com has the East Hotel in Brickell for $149.38 and that's a complete steal for the hotel. It's a brand new, high end hotel right in Brickell. And Brickell Citi Centre should have opened so it would be the absolute perfect location.

Uber to the port the next day would be around $9 from here. You can either take Uber from the airport for around $16 or even take the train to the Brickell area.

Homewood Suites Brickell is $142.74 and there are a few others. The Intercontinental is $140.39

Otherwise stay at an airport hotel on the 23rd which has a free shuttle and then Uber it to the port the next day. The Doubletree by Hilton at the airport is $110.

Only a few budget places near the MIA airport offer both free airport and port shuttles. Fine if you are arriving late and just want a room and a ride to POM. La Quinta East is the most often suggested budget option.

Good options listed above - Brickell area offers lots of local dining, shopping and nightlife options. That is where I would choose unless my flight was getting into MIA in the evening.

Anyone use airbnb? We are looking at a place in edgewater neighbourhood from a host named "Miami Luxury". I have never used airbnb before, but I am curious.

TIA

Miami is not a place where you AirBnB. People get scammed all the time.

To the OP, I agree with John and Carolyn, stay downtown/Brickell.

• 1 month later...
It's hard to find a place that offers both a free shuttle from the airport and then a shuttle to the ship here in Miami.

It would be very helpful if you gave everyone your idea of inexpensive. Being that it's a holiday, it may be a bit more difficult.

I will tell you that LMT.com has the East Hotel in Brickell for $149.38 and that's a complete steal for the hotel. It's a brand new, high end hotel right in Brickell. And Brickell Citi Centre should have opened so it would be the absolute perfect location.

Uber to the port the next day would be around $9 from here. You can either take Uber from the airport for around $16 or even take the train to the Brickell area.

Homewood Suites Brickell is $142.74 and there are a few others. The Intercontinental is $140.39

Otherwise stay at an airport hotel on the 23rd which has a free shuttle and then Uber it to the port the next day. The Doubletree by Hilton at the airport is $110.

Hi Carolyn:)....your post is very helpful....I am trying to find a place for

Feb 3rd.....last time I stayed down there it was at the Hampton....but

this time I want something else.....I am looking on Last Minute Travel

but don't see what you saw....could you lend a hand?:) I don't care about

a shuttle....just a cab from Brickell to the port......

Edited by Lois R

Hey Carolyn, never mind.....I am flying down the Sat morning of the cruise.....leaves Jax at 7:30am and gets into Miami about 8:30am....it is less than 113.00 roundtrip:D.......

Hey Carolyn, never mind.....I am flying down the Sat morning of the cruise.....leaves Jax at 7:30am and gets into Miami about 8:30am....it is less than 113.00 roundtrip:D.......

I was just about to check for you! Glad to see that you got the early flight. Must be on American. I fly that route all the time because my daughter lives in Jacksonville!

I was up there last Feb 3 (which is my birthday) because my grandson was due. Guess I should go book my tickets for his first birthday if these are the prices now.

I was just about to check for you! Glad to see that you got the early flight. Must be on American. I fly that route all the time because my daughter lives in Jacksonville!

I was up there last Feb 3 (which is my birthday) because my grandson was due. Guess I should go book my tickets for his first birthday if these are the prices now.

Yes, American has flights all day long......really cheap on this route:)