Mr. Sanchos and Nachi closed

BlondieB

Much to my disappointment the day we're in Cozumel my favorite, Mr. Sanchos, is closed for a private event. Try to book Nachi direct...all booked up. So we were just going to do Paradise Beach while I keep digging for spots at Nachi.

Luck out and get spots and make a deposit for Nachi with Island Marketing saying our spots have been reserved only to get another email today saying we apologize but we've been advised that Nachi will be cosed for a private function for the day. WTH!!! :mad:

She gave me other recommendations of Sunscape Harbor, Secrets Aura and El Cozumeleno. Aura's day pass is $110 but all adult.

Any other places like Mr. Sanchos or Nachi anyone can recommend? Playa Mia looks like there'd be too many children so I'm a meh on that one

Do you want water toys and such or just a chair and water?

We went to Money Bar last week and loved it. Just a bar, restaurant and ocean to snorkel. No big water toys but you can rent snorkel equipment and even book a snorkel trip on a boat.

How far from port is mr sanchos or money bar , what was money bar cost

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Money Bar is closer to ship piers. No entry fee, last time we were there. Just pay for food and drink.It's a small man made beach set up off the shore. Need watershoes to go into the water. Good food, good drinks, good snorkeling from shore. Taxi will be around $11 for up to 4 people.

Was Mr. Sanchos A.I. the only portion closed? I'd be surprised if they closed the entire beach. But Paradise Beach is very similar, just no A.I.. Taxi will be closer to $15-$17 for 4 people. Palancar is further south so costs about $22-$25 per taxi. Again no entry fee, just pay for food and drink. Very nice relaxing beach.

How far from port is mr sanchos or money bar , what was money bar cost

Taxi to Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom or Paradise Beach will be about $17+tip each way (covers up to 4 passengers in the cab); the ride takes about 15+ minutes.

Nachi is AI only for about $55 each

PB is strictly pay as you go and charges a $3 admission fee

Mr. Sanchos offers AI for about $50 or a free pay as you go side

Money Bar is closer - about a $10 cab ride. No admission fee at the Money Bar - and no beach (you enter the water via steps), which keeps the sand from clouding the water and makes for good snorkeling form the shore. Check out their web site.

Taxi to Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom or Paradise Beach will be about $17+tip each way (covers up to 4 passengers in the cab); the ride takes about 15+ minutes.

Nachi is AI only for about $55 each

PB is strictly pay as you go and charges a $3 admission fee

Mr. Sanchos offers AI for about $50 or a free pay as you go side

Money Bar is closer - about a $10 cab ride. No admission fee at the Money Bar - and no beach (you enter the water via steps), which keeps the sand from clouding the water and makes for good snorkeling form the shore. Check out their web site.

The money Bar appears to have a new website which has quite a good gallery of what the place looks like.

However I actually prefer the old site - they seem to have either stopped doing packages, or are no longer advertising. Also I thought the old site included prices?

I really enjoy Paradise beach. It's never been too crowed when I have been there, so theres that.

yeah I think we've just decided to go with Paradise. I've been there before, before we discovered Mr. Sanchos and returned every year after. According to the schedule, there's 4 ships in port that day with 2 resorts that I know of "closed to the public for a private event". :mad:

How do u book mr sanchos or nachi.... We are traveling 12/4/16 and want a AI adult beech

I've always booked with shoreexcursioneer dot com. You make a minimal deposit for each (between $5 - $13) and the remainder due upon arrival. Nachi is more quiet and laid back as they only allow 100 people in a day. And this close to your cruise, they are probably booked up, but it's worth a shot. You can book directly on their site or if booked up there, try the site above.

Mr Sanchos is much more lively and has an All inclusive side and a pay as you go side. the AI side is the way to go and has never felt overly crowded the many times we've been. You will want to make a reservation in advance using the site above or there are other sites as well. We always have a big group so we have a full taxi but you can always ask around at the taxi stand and try to share a cab with someone else going there to save on fare.

How do u book mr sanchos or nachi.... We are traveling 12/4/16 and want a AI adult beech

For quiet, un-crowded and relaxed you cannot beat Nachi Cocom. AI is about $55 each and you can book it on their site: http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Cab fares on Coz cover up to 4 in the cab, so pair up with others on your roll call and save $$ ;)

We are going back and forth between booking El Cid La Ceiba and Park Royal. Both look very nice and both are within walking distance of the pier. The cost seems to be similar for the the AI package as well. Anyone here been and can give some insight. Is one better than the other?

http://www.elcid.com/cozumel

http://www.parkroyalcozumel.com/

We are going back and forth between booking El Cid La Ceiba and Park Royal. Both look very nice and both are within walking distance of the pier. The cost seems to be similar for the the AI package as well. Anyone here been and can give some insight. Is one better than the other?

http://www.elcid.com/cozumel

http://www.parkroyalcozumel.com/

Have you read this recent thread?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2400383

Do you have any specific questions, maybe I can help?

Never been to el-Cid but this was recommended to me recently by our waitstaff on the Disney Fantasy... apparently a crew favorite. However the reviews I read made it sound like the beach was a little difficult to access and since we had 3 kids, one in a stroller, we avoided it.

Wife and i did the AI at Park Royal a year ago. Spent the whole day in the pool with swim up bar ( facing the ocean ) Did go to the inside buffet for lunch. Nice selection there. Ate a little later at the outside walk up food place. Enjoyed the day and saved money by not needing a cab. :)