Hurricane Nicole headed to Bermuda. Change to Itinerary?

ocay4me

We are headed to Bermuda, leaving Saturday out of New Jersey on the Anthem of the Seas, to arrive Monday. With the prediction of Hurricane Nicole hitting Bermuda tonight, would we be rerouted to another port in cases like this?

We are headed to Bermuda, leaving Saturday out of New Jersey on the Anthem of the Seas, to arrive Monday. With the prediction of Hurricane Nicole hitting Bermuda tonight, would we be rerouted to another port in cases like this?

That depends on the damage caused by Hurricane Nicole. It is tracking to go right over Bermuda. That is not good. It is possible Anthem will be rerouted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I have been rerouted Twice In last 2 years on trips to Bermuda.They will not let you know till last minute.Both times We went North to Canada. People had no warm close,no jackets,open shoes,A mess for people who traveled from a distance from the port. So be prepared , We received notice morning of cruise both times ,we live near port so quick repack.We enjoyed both but really want to go to Bermuda this time

There are no refunds if they change the cruise. In fact if you read the contract, they could stay in port for the entire cruise and still make you pay.

The only compensation you will get is a refund on the port fees for that port that was not visited.

Until they can determine the damage from Nichole it's just a wait & see so you probably won't know until the last minute.

Wherever, you might want to take some fall weight clothes because it begins to become a bit cooler in Bermuda in mid October.

Both times We where rerouted there was onboard credits given to ea cabin.

Based on catagorary of cabin.I don't remember first OBC but last year was 500$ OBC For a Balcony cabin . The time before that it was less. Not nessecary according to contract but very necessary for customer relations.We met couple who only had shorts Tees and sandles,Couldn't get off Ship it was cold in Canada.People not on these boards have No Idea route could change and don't monitor Royal Carribean Website.Cruisers where being handed a flyer while parking car or getting out of cab first notifying them of Changes

Bermuda is one island where they are very hurricane conscious. Most of the buildings are built to withstand hurricane force winds. Hopefully you will be able to go there.

Category 2 is pretty strong. Also currently the cruise lines have become very cautious. Hopefully they will be able to go but packing clothes just in case for Canada would prudent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been rerouted Twice In last 2 years on trips to Bermuda.They will not let you know till last minute.Both times We went North to Canada. People had no warm close,no jackets,open shoes,A mess for people who traveled from a distance from the port. So be prepared , We received notice morning of cruise both times ,we live near port so quick repack.We enjoyed both but really want to go to Bermuda this time

I was packing for 3 days in NY post cruise anyway so will just add a couple of extra warmer things but do you know what the schedule would be if we end up in Canada. Is it Halifax? and when would we get there and for how long... If we end up there need to meet up with a old friend who moved back there 30 year ago

I was packing for 3 days in NY post cruise anyway so will just add a couple of extra warmer things but do you know what the schedule would be if we end up in Canada. Is it Halifax? and when would we get there and for how long... If we end up there need to meet up with a old friend who moved back there 30 year ago

Ships typically end up in Halifax, NS or Saint John, NB. Have sailed to Halifax on a NE/Canada cruise twice this very same week. Beautiful time of year to visit, weather is varied. We were in shorts first time, rain gear other time.

No matter where I go on a cruise, I always bring a jacket or a sweater just in case the weather should suddenly change especially in the evening on an outside deck where it can be somewhat chilly due to the ship speed and wind speed. You must expect the unexpected because Mother Nature has her own agenda where weather is concerned.

Edited by ONACRUISE
remove title

do you know what the schedule would be if we end up in Canada. Is it Halifax? and when would we get there and for how long... If we end up there need to meet up with a old friend who moved back there 30 year ago

No one here can possibly answer that. It would depend on the weather in transit, other ships' schedules/dock space, etc.

No matter where I go on a cruise, I always bring a jacket or a sweater just in case the weather should suddenly change especially in the evening on an outside deck where it can be somewhat chilly due to the ship speed and wind speed. You must expect the unexpected because Mother Nature has her own agenda where weather is concerned.

Since the cruises are leaving from the northeast in mid October I think most will already be bringing a jacket or sweater. I am already wearing a jacket here. The passengers who get caught short of having the right clothes are usually leaving in August or September. Or even other months. Hurricanes are not the only storms that have caused reroutes. It has happened May, June, July.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Breakaway is scheduled to be in Bermuda this week. Just be aware you, like they, could be rerouted South to the Bahamas or Caribbean. There were lots of concerns on that thread about Zika. Be prepared to stay on the ship or take repellant and long clothes if that's a concern to you.

As others have said, you will know at the last minute. How would you feel if you were told 48 hours ahead that you were going to Canada and when you got on the ship found that conditions on Bermuda had improved but the ship was then committed to Canada or the Bahamas. They want to be sure they can not safely provide the cruise you booked before they make a change.

Roy

It's about 700 nm from Bayonne to Bermuda, about 600 nm to Halifax and 960 nm to Nassau. The first choice for a reroute from Bermuda will always be Canada since it is much shorter which means they can sail at a slower speed and save fuel. I can only see Nassau being a last resort. Also, a Canada route might possibly allow for a second stop if the logistics could be worked out.

The brunt of the storm should be hitting Bermuda tomorrow (Thursday) and the ship isn't due to be there until Monday. Whether the ship is rerouted would depend on any infrastructure damage in Bermuda. If I had to guess now, I'd say that Anthem will go to Bermuda, but I'd be a bit prepared for Canada just in case.

It's about 700 nm from Bayonne to Bermuda, about 600 nm to Halifax and 960 nm to Nassau. The first choice for a reroute from Bermuda will always be Canada since it is much shorter which means they can sail at a slower speed and save fuel. I can only see Nassau being a last resort. Also, a Canada route might possibly allow for a second stop if the logistics could be worked out.

The brunt of the storm should be hitting Bermuda tomorrow (Thursday) and the ship isn't due to be there until Monday. Whether the ship is rerouted would depend on any infrastructure damage in Bermuda. If I had to guess now, I'd say that Anthem will go to Bermuda, but I'd be a bit prepared for Canada just in case.

When it comes to Anthem and it's challenges, I can't help but think that they might also look to see where the hurricane is heading next and whether it will interfere in their commute and all...not sure if they can handle the PR from yet another storm cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums