Bar service on the Allure

When we were on her back in May, the bar service was my only complaint about the entire trip. Personally, I felt there were less staff than other cruises...not sure if that's a fact or not. Our last cruise on that class was the Oasis 6 years ago and we literally NEVER waited for a drink...there were servers all over the pool deck.

Now I never waited a half an hour for a drink...but on the pool deck we often waited 10+ minutes which in my head is too long or at least much longer than in years past. I would say the pool deck was probably the worst, most bars were just ok, and we got pretty lucky with a great server in the dining room and he had drinks at our table before we even sat down (we had the drink package btw)

It depends on the bar and the hour...

Pool deck bars on sea day 11am: expect 30 minutes wait.

Blaze Bar last night 10pm: the bar tenders are already serving your drink when they see you coming.

Are there any servers that walk around to take orders on the pool decks/solarium? We haven't cruised for over 7 years - and I know there used to be a lot of them.

Yes, there are still roving bar servers.

Are there any servers that walk around to take orders on the pool decks/solarium? We haven't cruised for over 7 years - and I know there used to be a lot of them.

Far fewer now that lots of people have drink packages. Since they've already paid Royal is not too interested in pushing drinks any more.

We were on Allure last November and the drink service can be a little slow at times, but it is to be expected at the pool bar in the middle of the day when you are at sea. Tipped a roving waiter near the pool and never had an issue after that. Patience is a must and remember you are on vacation on a beautiful ship.:D

You will get plenty to drink...guaranteed. Sure, you might have to go and get your drink...but there's NO NEED to tip additionally if you have to walk to a bar, order, and receive your drink....18% is added to the charge and that's MORE than enough for "self-service"!

We were on the Allure for the September 4th sailing. Bar service was terrible. We found it far more efficient to go up to the bar and get our drinks at any bar on the ship (except the comedy club which was very efficient). Bar service for MTD was non-existent. We were never asked if we would like a drink from the bar - we always had to ask. And as matj2000 posted there were times we had to get our own drink from the bar that was at the entrance to the main dining room. I have never encountered such poor bar service on any ship.