'Fee Applies' Exercise programs

Cruise NH

Morning Stretch is always free. Usually held at 7am but I've also occasionaly seen "Evening Stretch" somewhere around 5pm. Stretch is usually followed by "ab class" also free, I've also participated in "Morning Stroll" following morning stretch. It involves people walking around the Promenade deck led by that days' fitness instructor. It too is free. It just depends on the person leading the sessions and how much they want to provide. A tip is always welcome but not expected or asked for. I really enjoy these fitness classes and always make it a part of my cruise. I hope you will too! :)

Edited by kevingastreich

Morning Stretch is always free. Usually held at 7am but I've also occasionaly seen "Evening Stretch" somewhere around 5pm. Stretch is usually followed by "ab class" also free, I've also participated in "Morning Stroll" following morning stretch. It involves people walking around the Promenade deck led by thaet days' fitness instructor. It too is free. It just depends on the person leading the sessions and how much they want to provide. A tip is always welcome but not expected or asked for. I really enjoy these fitness classes and always make it a part of my cruise. I hope you will too! :)

How good is the ab class? Is it challenging or more for beginners? Thanks.

I find it amusing (kinda) that some cruise ships have had millions spent on the construction of free activities such as rock walls, flume rides, and water parks, all of which require personnel and in some cases equipment for the user (rock wall)....but if I want to take a pilates class on HAL, in an already existing area, no equipment, and one employee, I must cough up $12.

I find it amusing (kinda) that some cruise ships have had millions spent on the construction of free activities such as rock walls, flume rides, and water parks, all of which require personnel and in some cases equipment for the user (rock wall)....but if I want to take a pilates class on HAL, in an already existing area, no equipment, and one employee, I must cough up $12.

Couldn't agree with you more. The $12 per class (and a tip!) seems high to me. I pay half that (per class) for a six week program through our local wellness center.

Couldn't agree with you more. The $12 per class (and a tip!) seems high to me. I pay half that (per class) for a six week program through our local wellness center.

Sure, and a room at the Y costs a lot less than my cabin, but I'd hardly make that a point of comparison when discussing cruise fees. :)

I agree, it like changing to play trivia.