A few questions

Jenna2407

Hi.

I have a few questions about excursions.

We are booking some with the cruise line, and going to tey booking one in tortola once off the ship (first time cruisers so nervous)

Anhow im wondeing has anyone done the powercat and snorkle trip in st thomas? Is it hard to get back on the boat? I have very poor upper body strength for no reason other than I'm weak lol. And im worrying about getting back on the boat?

Also is it worth hiring a cabana on great stirrup cay? We have the UBP, but it says we get a $50 credit towards food and drink? Surely its all incl if its norweigans private island?

Thankyou :)

You might want to ask your excursion question over on the PORTS OF CALL board, you question might be seen by more people.

As for the cabana..... Its nice, its expensive, they do bring food but if there are only two of you it might not be worth it. You might be better off just renting Clam shell loungers it will offer shade and you'll be closer to the water.

There will be people to help drag you back onboard...no worries!

But...just because you're a "1st timer", don't let that scare you! Get a guidebook on your ports...libraries have them for free!....there is seldom a reason to book excursion..either thru the ship OR privately....read up on your ports....it's quite easy to DIY in the Caribbean!

Theres 4 of us, so i think the cabana will ne worth it for us.

Haha thats my fear loads of people having to drag me back up!!

Would it be easy enough to get out ti the shipwreck that os part of the exc?

I have also asked on the island specific boards.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Jenna, IF you book a cabana, be sure that you get your food ordered prior to arrival at GSC.

You should be given a copy of the menu w/items available for you. Pay close attention to the "No Later Than" time to submit your request!!! Also, while you have $50 to spend you can purchase (pay for) more, or less, than that $50 amount. Between the chip and salsa, fruit, your food order, and available Buffet Lunch on the island, nobody should go hungry!

Was your booking with promos ?

Some have only the UBP others 2 choices and then again some offer more

if the booking date is more than 9 months away i.e UBP SDP 250 minutes of

free WiFi and the $50 per port shore excursion allowance.

Does your program sound like it includes the $50 shore excursion - if so that

maybe the confusing factor. Go back and check with who you booked your

cruise with and get the definitive answers.

Not all promos are applicable with other promos at the same time.

Each month or period of time that NCL runs the promos the benefits change.

One that pretty much stays the same is the UBP and is the best value for one

who drinks. The next best is dining package SDP for usable value.

The internet package is perhaps the one least chosen or used followed by

the $50 shore package. One that crops up from time to time is 3rd and 4th

occupant in a stateroom being free or at a significant price reduction.

It is often played like musical chairs with one or more of the promos left out

of the loop !

Hi.

I have a few questions about excursions.

We are booking some with the cruise line, and going to tey booking one in tortola once off the ship (first time cruisers so nervous)

Anhow im wondeing has anyone done the powercat and snorkle trip in st thomas? Is it hard to get back on the boat? I have very poor upper body strength for no reason other than I'm weak lol. And im worrying about getting back on the boat?

Also is it worth hiring a cabana on great stirrup cay? We have the UBP, but it says we get a $50 credit towards food and drink? Surely its all incl if its norweigans private island?

Thankyou :)

Are you talking about the NCL excursion Power Cat Snorkel and Beach on the Breeze and have you looked at the tour description on the NCL website? This is rated a level 2. Per the description, it has dual water level pontoons for easy access to the water. In the picture which accompanies the description, you can see two staircases with rails which descend from the back of the boat. Each staircase ends with a small platform which appears to be exactly at water level. You can see a woman sitting on one preparing to enter the water or getting back out. I have seen cats which have stairs which descend a little below water level which makes it really easy, but doesn't look like this one does.

On these types of boats, there are two ways to get out of the water. Reach up with both hands and grab the bottom of the rails. Put a foot up onto the edge of the platform or step, and using your leg to hoist and the arms to pull, you get onto the platform in a standing position. If you can't manage that, put both palms flat on the platform and push down which will lift your body partly out of the water. It's pretty easy because of the water buoyancy. You only have to hoist your bottom to the level of the platform and then plop down in a sitting position. Lots of people do this. Most of these cats have very helpful staff who will get into the water to assist those who are new to snorkeling. Don't be shy about letting someone know you need help.

Edited by punkincc

Usually the UBP is not included on the island. Use the $50 to pay for some tropical refreshments!

Are you certain

The Ultimate Beverage Package Terms & Conditions

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain pop and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15 USD. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay. Any items over $15 USD will receive an $15 USD discount and the guest will be charged the difference to their account. Ultimate Beverage Package is not available on the Pride of America.

An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added to all package purchases; your check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries. Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise. Packages may not be shared and are non-transferable and non-refundable. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase any alcoholic package and to consume alcohol. See the terms of our guest alcohol policy. Other terms and conditions may apply. This package is not available for purchase on charters, sailings that are two (2) days or less and Pride of America. Guests purchasing this package on board during the dates of March 1st through April 15th will only be able to purchase on embarkation day.

Please note that rates are subject to change at any time at the discretion of Norwegian Cruise Line.

*Effective for Norwegian Sky sailings booked on or after 4/22/15: FREE Ultimate Beverage Package for sailings on or after 1/1/16. See full Terms & Conditions.

Yeah we got the UBP with a promo, we booked direct with NCL, so it definitely looks like its free.

The $50 credit comes with the cabana rental, not our original cruise booking. Which is why I'm wondering what people spend theres on if the UBP, bottles of water and food is incl? I'm sure we will find simething to spend it on though haha!!

Thanks for the info on the cat punkincc, I'm sure I will be ok, and your description has helped :).

Another quick question, I noticed that onboard the ship, bottled water isn't included in the UBP, how much is it per bottle? And is there drinkable tap water?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app