Royal Carribean Navigator of the Seas drinks packages

Fagi

Hi,

I am booked on Navigator next month 10th Nov our first RC cruise(formally P & O travellers) and wondered what the general thoughts are about Drinks packages - are they good value ? - is the cost of drinks expensive on RC ships if you don't have a package?

I am thinking about a deluxe package for myself, and a refreshment package for my wife who doesn't really drink much alcohol in order to keep prices down.

thoughts appreciated

Regards

Ian

I believe on RCCL if you purchase one alcohol package, you must purchase one for each adult in the cabin. I would check their website to be sure. Most drinks run around $6-8, depending on what you get. My husband and I don't bother with it, but we never have more than 2 or 3 drinks a day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Nope...you do NOT have to buy a package for each adult on RCI...that's the ONE good thing they have going for the packages!

Yes, packages are pricey, but so are the drinks! A domestic beer is in the $7 range....I think that's awful! Wine is worse, price wise!

If you plan on drinking about 3-5 drinks per day (bear in mind, some of the packages include non-alcoholic stuff, too), you will be ahead with a package.

Included drinks are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast. If you are good with the included options, a package might not be for you. If you want booze, soda or stuff like that, a package might be worth it. Each package is for the person who's name it's in.

If you are looking for ballpark Royal Caribbean drink prices, here is what you can reasonably expect.

Drink Price

Beer $6.95 (American); $6.25 (Import)

Glass of wine $10.00 - $16.00

Bottled water $2.25

Cocktail $10.00 - 12.00

Can of Soda $2.95

Drink of the Day $8.00

Latte $4.25

Bottle of water (500 ml) $3.25

The break even for cocktails is about 5 per day, 8 or so for beer. poster above is right, they allow a single package to be ordered. Also a 18% gratuity is added to the package price.

Nope...you do NOT have to buy a package for each adult on RCI...that's the ONE good thing they have going for the packages!

Yes, packages are pricey, but so are the drinks! A domestic beer is in the $7 range....I think that's awful! Wine is worse, price wise!

If you plan on drinking about 3-5 drinks per day (bear in mind, some of the packages include non-alcoholic stuff, too), you will be ahead with a package.

Included drinks are: ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice at breakfast. If you are good with the included options, a package might not be for you. If you want booze, soda or stuff like that, a package might be worth it. Each package is for the person who's name it's in.

Rules must have changed. Last time I looked at it (granted, that was when they first came out with it), each adult in the cabin had to purchase. I'm glad they've relaxed that. Thought it was ridiculous and crazy expensive to have to do that. This is much better!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app