Chef's Table $75-$95

BuckeyeCruiseGuy

Was there an announcement as to why there is a $20 difference in the CF pricing? I see it was changed yesterday.

The cost is $75 - $95 USD per person. An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086/~/the-chef’s-table

Was there an announcement as to why there is a $20 difference in the CF pricing? I see it was changed yesterday.

The cost is $75 - $95 USD per person. An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086/~/the-chef’s-table

I believe it now auto adds the tip ($20), yes they announced it a couple of months ago

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by jimbo5544

This is the full text from the link

THE CHEF’S TABLE

Carnival has an exciting fine dining option for our guests – The Chef’s Table. This one-of-a-kind culinary experience includes an exquisite multi-course private dinner hosted by one of the line’s master chefs along with a private champagne reception (soft drinks for kids) and a personalized tour of the galley.

A select group of 12-16 guests (children must be at least 12 years of age) will enjoy champagne and hors d’ouevres hosted by the ship’s chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group on a personalized tour to see the galley in operation, providing participants with a unique perspective on Carnival’s extensive food and beverage operations.

The evening concludes with a sumptuous full-service dinner with delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts created by the line’s master chefs as well as red and white house wine. Depending on the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues throughout the ship – the galley, library, conference center, etc. The Carnival Vista has a dining room specifically for Chef’s Table with window views into the galley.

What’s exciting about the this experience is that it is anything but typical! Seasons and ports and whatever the Chef is currently delving into will influence the final outcome. This could be flavors, ingredients from local sources or techniques. It is a chance for the Chef to showcase the best of his/her abilities and share it with those lucky few.

The cost is $75 - $95 USD per person. An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account.

The dinner(s) as well as the dinner date(s) are subject to the number of guests wishing to participate in this experience. The dress code follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; since guests are taken on a personalized tour of the galley, open-toed, heels and shoes with slippery soles are discouraged.

Pre-Cruise Reservation Procedures

Prior to the cruise, guests can send an email to Group Event Planning ateventplanning@carnival.com.

Requests must be submitted no later than 7 days prior to the sail date; requests do fill up quickly so it is suggested to do this as soon as possible to ensure a reservation.

The subject line should read ‘Chef’s Table Request’ and the email should include the following information:

Names

Number of guests attending (children must be 12 years of age and older to participate)

Ship and Saildate

Booking Number and Cabin Number

Group Event Planning will email the request to the specific ship Maitre d’.

The Maitre d’ will respond directly to the guest if they are able to accommodate the request.

Once onboard, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged.

On Board Reservation Procedures

Reservations can be arranged on board with the Steakhouse Hostess.

On the following ships that do not have a Steakhouse, reservations can be arranged onboard with the Maitre d': Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Triumph and Carnival Victory

It's also on the main Carnival page.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/chefs-table 0737ff7f60d624aae5383b789615a804.jpg

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

Wow. First they take the tip that was included in the service charge and add it as an extra. That's tipping in top of a service charge.

And now adding $20? It wasn't worth it for $75.

And this is on top of a paid meal that you are not eating in the dining room.

Wow. First they take the tip that was included in the service charge and add it as an extra. That's tipping in top of a service charge.

And now adding $20? It wasn't worth it for $75.

And this is on top of a paid meal that you are not eating in the dining room.

It seems it is 75 (based upon the replies) which discounts the $20 comment and it seems you are the only one that has an issue with a la carte dining options that cost more. I am surprised with your logic that you went to CT.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I go thru "manage my booking" and click on my upcoming Magic cruise and try and make reservations there the price states $95. I never noticed the option to book Chefs Table there before, it must be new. I know they just rolled out the new menu that is currently on Vista to the Dream class ships, I wonder if that has to do with the price change?

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

Even at $95 it is a bargain. It is a wonderful experience. Fabulous food.

A tasting menu at a good restaurant will cost double. This has delicious food and free flowing wine. Fantastic!

I agree, it is a very enjoyable evening albeit somewhat eclectic menu.

That sounds a heck of lot more like Royal than Carnival. I assume you are joking.

Why would you assume I am joking? Many mass market lines are moving towards a dynamic pricing strategy for other things. Carnival already has some dynamic pricing policies for other things such as Cheers.

I certainly have not experienced any, at least that I am aware of. How is cheers like that? When I replied, the only example I could think of was a review of Quantum when she first came over and a pina colada was 14.50.

If I go thru "manage my booking" and click on my upcoming Magic cruise and try and make reservations there the price states $95. I never noticed the option to book Chefs Table there before, it must be new. I know they just rolled out the new menu that is currently on Vista to the Dream class ships, I wonder if that has to do with the price change?

I had not heard it was implemented on the Dream class ships. I hope this is the case.

We booked on October 2 for next August on the Breeze. Our confirmation referred to $75 plus gratuity. I would be very excited to try the new menu.

I had not heard it was implemented on the Dream class ships. I hope this is the case.

We booked on October 2 for next August on the Breeze. Our confirmation referred to $75 plus gratuity. I would be very excited to try the new menu.

I am confused since the Breeze and Magic are both Dream class.....