Chef's Table $75-$95

BuckeyeCruiseGuy

The poster I quoted said the new menu was being implemented on Dream class ships.

I replied that I hope this is the case since I would like to try it on the Breeze next summer.

Is the Breeze not a dream class ship?

If not I happily stand corrected. If so, whence your confusion?

The poster I quoted said the new menu was being implemented on Dream class ships.

I replied that I hope this is the case since I would like to try it on the Breeze next summer.

Is the Breeze not a dream class ship?

If not I happily stand corrected. If so, whence your confusion?

Yes, Breeze is a Dream class ship. She's awesome, you'll have a great time!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We are just off the Magic today! Amazing time! We did Chef's Table and paid $95 each (2 of us), plus 15% tip for a total of $218.50. It was an incredible experience! Chef Santosh Gawai was very personable and took great pride in his food! We absolutely loved the experience and feel it was worth every penny to us! The food was fantastic! They taught us how to make the Chocolate Melting Cake and I was even able to help with it!3b53a425fef1c064b9b4f908916276a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums3f3cc189e2dff85964ae31bbf4593e33.jpg35fea85e168c21406c112ad72ed8aea0.jpg

Edited by 25thanniversatycruise

My email confirmation from a couple of months ago says $75, but on my cruise manager it says $95, so I suppose I'll print my confirmation and bring it with me... Will have to wait until I'm on board to see if they honer the original price... (Vista-September 2017)

Wow. First they take the tip that was included in the service charge and add it as an extra. That's tipping in top of a service charge.

And now adding $20? It wasn't worth it for $75.

And this is on top of a paid meal that you are not eating in the dining room.

Couldn't agree more. For a budget friendly cruise line, Carnival is slowly starting to upcharge more and more.

We did the Chef's table and although nice, it certainly wasn't worth almost $200 after tip. Plus the above mentioned fact that we were not eating the already paid for dining room meal. I would expect steaks similar to a Capital Grille in quality and this wasn't close.

They finally clarified the pricing

I would still bring your confirmation, if you booked under the previous pricing

The cost is $75 USD per person ($95 USD per person on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and Carnival Vista). An automatic 15% gratuity will be added to the cover charge of the Chef’s Table and the charges will be applied directly to the guest’s Sail & Sign account. For reservations made prior to the price increase to $95 USD, the original price will be honored.

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

• 4 months later...
I just reserved 9 of my wedding guests for the Vista Chef's table and the Maitre d's confirmation e-mail said it was $95 + 15% tip! I am shocked by this increase and it is now not worth it to me. The Chefs table experience is great, but I'd rather spend a thousand dollars on a fun group excursion.

Well an excursion is certainly different, but it's your wedding so enjoy. Kind of surprised $180 would make a difference, enjoy what ever you do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well an excursion is certainly different, but it's your wedding so enjoy. Kind of surprised $180 would make a difference, enjoy what ever you do.

Wow. You are just okay with pretty much anything Carnival does aren't you?

$180.00 is real money to a lot of people.

And the percentage increase... plus now tip on top... is way over reasonable. 26% increase PLUS the tip now not being inclusive.

Carnival was always a Big Bang for the buck cruise... and I have done 24 of them... but they are getting out of hand and people like you just say...'Oh, it's all perfectly fiiiiiiinnnnne.'

I have cruised A LOT

I just reserved 9 of my wedding guests for the Vista Chef's table and the Maitre d's confirmation e-mail said it was $95 + 15% tip! I am shocked by this increase and it is now not worth it to me. The Chefs table experience is great, but I'd rather spend a thousand dollars on a fun group excursion.

The CT is just like an excursion. You do not have to do either one. For some the $95 plus tip for a 11 course meal with wine and a tour of the working Galley is worth every penny, others not so much. Everyone gets to choose the way they want to spend their money

And the percentage increase... plus now tip on top... is way over reasonable. 26% increase PLUS the tip now not being inclusive.

Carnival was always a Big Bang for the buck cruise... and I have done 24 of them... but they are getting out of hand and people like you just say...'Oh, it's all perfectly fiiiiiiinnnnne.'

I have cruised A LOT

Still a good big bang for the buck cruise. The CT was never a part of the cruise price so its basically like a shore excursion. Carnival can choose whatever price they want to charge and your free to partake or not. You still have the same cruise experience as before.

I have cruised A LOT

Is that what I said? Did I make any mention of the price increase and whether I thought it was justified or not? My point was what would an excursion cost as compared to the CT and whether the $180 was meaningful against that....but you have it all figured out already....or maybe only people like you say that.... Oh btw I guess "people like me" include post 41, 42 and 43....

Edited by jimbo5544

Not worth it? Unlimited Champagne and Wine, a cool tour thru the galley and 11 courses of food.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We enjoyed it for the first time last summer on the Breeze. I thought of it as an excursion, not just dinner.

We booked it again for this coming summer at 75.00 plus gratuity and are glad we did. I am eagerly anticipating the new menu.

However at 95. plus grats for summer of 2018, Carnival has passed the point of diminishing returns for us.

It's meant to be exclusive and I fully understand that concept. I'm glad we experienced it, and am really really really looking forward to doing it again with a new menu, but will leave our spot in 2018 to someone else.

It's an incredible evening and though I am not proud of saying it, if I were the bean counter on Carnival I would probably advocate pushing the price to the breaking point.

It has always been an expensive choice and one rarely discussed prior to being offered to guests prior to embarking, when only priority guests had an opportunity to book it onboard.

It's a good thing more people now have an opportunity to book it and a foreseeable consequence that the price is increasing.

We enjoyed it for the first time last summer on the Breeze. I thought of it as an excursion, not just dinner.

We booked it again for this coming summer at 75.00 plus gratuity and are glad we did. I am eagerly anticipating the new menu.

However at 95. plus grats for summer of 2018, Carnival has passed the point of diminishing returns for us.

It's meant to be exclusive and I fully understand that concept. I'm glad we experienced it, and am really really really looking forward to doing it again with a new menu, but will leave our spot in 2018 to someone else.

It's an incredible evening and though I am not proud of saying it, if I were the bean counter on Carnival I would probably advocate pushing the price to the breaking point.

It has always been an expensive choice and one rarely discussed prior to being offered to guests prior to embarking, when only priority guests had an opportunity to book it onboard.

It's a good thing more people now have an opportunity to book it and a foreseeable consequence that the price is increasing.

We (actually me, the wife does not care for eclectic menu's) have done 5 CT's. When were they ever only offered to priority guests, I don't recall that?

It used to be that reservations had to be made onboard. Weren't you cruising Carnival then?

Well let's just say memory is not my strongest point. I remember it being that that actually thru an old mod here used to arrange it thru John Heald... At any rate, I don't remember it being a priority customer thing which is what I read into what you were saying....

Is that what I said? Did I make any mention of the price increase and whether I thought it was justified or not? My point was what would an excursion cost as compared to the CT and whether the $180 was meaningful against that....but you have it all figured out already....or maybe only people like you say that.... Oh btw I guess "people like me" include post 41, 42 and 43....

At least you are always consistent. No matter what, "Carnival can do no wrong... EV-errrrr."

I have cruised A LOT