In Suite Caviar Service

crispy46

Regent charges for caviar service in the room, of course. Last I experienced years ago, the charges ranged from $35 for a portion (ounce or a bit more) of American Paddlefish caviar (not bad at all; far closer to "real" caviar than lumpfish eggs) and $80 for Sevruga. I'm sure it's higher now.

Of course, it's free in seemingly unlimited quantities at the Sunday brunch, generously at the upper level Seven Seas Society cocktail party, and typically the second night dinner. My guess is that it will be available at the New Year's Eve dinner on the Explorer Panama Canal cruise at the end of this year..

We had this on our last Regent cruise and it came with mini blinis, chopped hard boiled egg, and sour cream. A bottle of iced champagne accompanied it as well as a bottle of Stolichnya!

There was no extra charge as we asked for this instead of having canapés each day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by elmwood

We had this on our last Regent cruise and it came with mini blinis, chopped hard boiled egg, and sour cream. A bottle of iced champagne accompanied it as well as a bottle of Stolichnya!

There was no extra charge as we asked for this instead of having canapés each day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What level of suite were you in? Once - think that it was a cruise earlier this year, our butler came in with what you described (minus the bottle of champagne and Stolichyna). As you mentioned, there was no charge. Was this something that you had more than once in lieu of having canapes? Really curious as we will be in a Grand Suite for two weeks next month.

Thanks.

What level of suite were you in? Once - think that it was a cruise earlier this year, our butler came in with what you described (minus the bottle of champagne and Stolichyna). As you mentioned, there was no charge. Was this something that you had more than once in lieu of having canapes? Really curious as we will be in a Grand Suite for two weeks next month.

Thanks.

Please let us know, were in the Grand Suite - and I enjoy caviar. Don't drink so the Stolichyna or champagne isn't a big deal - but the caviar is. Hope they are right.

They do say a Caviar Service, serviced the proper in that Suite.

We were in a Grand Suite on the Navigator. At that time, 2011, it wasn't posted as a perk of the suite but my husband asked our butler if it would be possible to have this instead of the daily canapés which were something that we found unnecessary. I think we may have had it twice.

ronrick1943, we'll be in the Grand Suite for the 2nd part of our back-to-back cruise next month so I'll be sure to ask. As I recall, we had champagne with it - not vodka (they probably didn't bring vodka because we always have it in our suite). Elmwood, thank you for the information.

I just looked up the "new" Room Service menu and caviar does appear - but with a charge. Below is the Room Service Menu:

Room Service

Appetizers

Smoked Salmon Rose with Onions, Capers and Cream Cheese

Chilled Jumbo Shrimp with American Cocktail Sauce

Aged Prosciutto di Parma with Seasonal Melon and Grissini Bread Sticks

Salad of Mesclun Greens with Balsamic Vinaigrette

Classic Caesar Salad with Toasted Croutons and Parmesan Cheese

Chef's Salad with Roast Beef, Ham, Turkey, Cheese, Lettuce, Baby Shrimp and Thousand Island Dressing

Russian Caviar served with Blinis and Traditional Accompaniments

(Please Note: A supplementary charge of $25 per 1 ounce serving applies)

Soups

Double Chick - Double Chicken Consomm with Matzo Dumpling

Vegetarian Tomato Puree Soup with Basil

Sandwiches

Tuna Salad with Celery and Mayonnaise

Roast Beef

Ham and Swiss Cheese

Vegetarian Roast Turkey Club Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato

All served on your choice of bread: Whole Wheat, Light Rye, White

Hot Snacks

Beef Hot Dog with Tomatoes, Relish, Onions, Cole Slaw and Fried Potatoes

Steak Sandwich: Grilled Minute Steak with Sauted Onions served on Crusty French Bread

Hamburger or Cheeseburger: Served with Sauted Onions served on Crusty French Bread

Hamburger or Cheeseburger: Served with Tomatoes, Lettuce, Pickles, Cole Slaw and Fried Potatoes

Pizza Margherita: Pizza with Tomato and Mozzarella Cheese and choice of toppings: Mushroom, Ham, Prosciutto and Pepperoni

Hot Entrees

Salmon Fillet: Pan-fried or Grilled with Vegetables in Season

Medallions of Beef Tenderloin with Green Peppercorn Sauce and Fried Potatoes

Grilled Breast of Chicken with Vegetables in Season

Spaghetti with choice of sauce: tomato, Bolognese, Pesto, Garlic-flavored Olive Oil, or Plain Vegetarian Stir Fry with Tofu, Vegetables and Chow Mein Noodles with Soy-Ginger Sauce

Desserts

Chocolate Mousse with Fruit Puree

Crme Brule

Bourbon Pecan Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce

Frozen Yogurt of the Day

Vanilla or Chocolate Ice Cream with choice of sauce: Chocolate, Strawberry or Caramel

Fresh Sliced Fruit in Season

Plate of International Cheeses with Grapes

Edited by Travelcat2

$25/ounce is an excellent price for good caviar. We'll be in an F1 on Explorer (everything we want in a stateroom that we occupy mostly while in slumber, including--for when we are awake--a bathtub and a nice verandah) and will happily order 4 ounces when we feel like having caviar, pay the $100 total supplement per serving, and still be WAY ahead on overall cost when compared with the suites that come with "free" caviar....

Edited by JPR

I wonder is it one time in those suites at n/c or as many times as you want at n/c?

Unfortunately it is only done once per cruise at no charge. We did the Panama Canal in September. Sumptuous is a good word to describe it. We loved it!:D We were in the Master Suite.

Unfortunately it is only done once per cruise at no charge. We did the Panama Canal in September. Sumptuous is a good word to describe it. We loved it!:D We were in the Master Suite.

Thanks, thats to bad, but at $25.00 - I'd say a good price.