New, new Oasis menus. October 2016 changes.

For us we don't see any issues whatsoever relating to the choices; as for the taste and prepared to the way we want them that has to be decided when they are presented to us. For all of our prior cruises maybe one time they weren't very good in tasting, but we were able to survive and move on.

For all of the complaints that are posted hereon relating to a lot of stupid things I'm surprised there are still RCCL customers on this designated board site!

For all of the complaints that are posted hereon relating to a lot of stupid things I'm surprised there are still RCCL customers on this designated board site!

They need to vent somewhere - RCI will certainly not entertain their complaint like a CC crowd will.

Found all the new menus shipwide here: (nice website)

http://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/09/new-main-dining-room-menus-on-oasis-of-the-seas-2016/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

No sugar free desserts other than three flavors of ice cream.:( Hope I missed something. Something to look forward to on my upcoming trip. Unacceptable. Time to move on to another line. I don't eat a lot of desserts at home and look forward to dessert on vacation. If I had been aware of this before I booked I would be on another line. While I will miss certain items that where previously available on the menu, the lack of sugar free desserts (other than ice cream) is a deal breaker. Guess I will be running up to the Windjammer to get my sugar free cookies, assuming that they will be available.

Edited by Sanz

thanks to whoever posted the link with the dessert menus.

The old new dessert menus were better than the new new dessert menus, lol.

My kids were excited for the churros but they are gone from the new new menus.

Please, please, please Royal, bring back the old new menus. Seriously, why dangle the carrot and the excitement of new menus, only to take it away, weeks before I sail. :(

:(:(:(:(

No sugar added desserts still exist. They are the ones listed with a cube next to them.

They were never sugar free. Still had natural sugars from fruit or dairy.

Thank you for clarifying it for me :D

Edited by Sanz

Did anyone notice there are only two nights that have gluten free entrees listed? Guess they expect us to eat salmon all the other nights as that is all I see. Hoping they can adjust when I sail next month. First time sailing gluten free for me so not sure how it will go. Other menus had more options

Much ado about nothing. The new menus look great to me. We had similar menus (with the local selections) in July on Oasis. Enjoyed it just fine. Obviously nobody was ordering local selections, which is why they dropped it.

But other lines, even Carnival feature local dishes in MDR for free, which I find to be great.

RCCL again would be the only cruise line not featuring such simple things, therefore you are due to pay again... [emoji849]

RCCL just keeps on saving and becoming more superficial and less special, with trending towards convenience food.

But until a certain point, the clients are also responsible for it, because they are pleased with such things, as I mentioned in another board...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But other lines, even Carnival feature local dishes in MDR for free, which I find to be great.

RCCL again would be the only cruise line not featuring such simple things, therefore you are due to pay again... [emoji849]

RCCL just keeps on saving and becoming more superficial and less special, with trending towards convenience food.

But until a certain point, the clients are also responsible for it, because they are pleased with such things, as I mentioned in another board...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the items aren't being selected, then it's not worth keeping them on the menu. They clearly tried the "local dishes" and it didn't work. I don't think anyone at my table ever ordered from the local dishes.

I was just on Carnival, and just on Royal before that. The menus were marginally different, if at all. Similar amount of items, similar type of items, etc.