Unlimited Specialty Packages

fielddreamer

I heard that they also sell these packages on the dock before you board ? Also, has anyone pre bought single restaurant , then changed at the ship to packages! Thanks

It sold on the first day of boarding and is capacity controlled. I purchased a 3 dinner package was able to upgrade when I boarded. They credited my account for the 3 dinner package and charged me for the ultimate dine package. :):)

It was worth every penny!

BILL

YES - We have pre-purchased (and pre-paid) for specific restaurants and times to be sure to get the venue & times we want. Once on-board we have cancelled those and gotten a credit for the pre-paid amount. Depending on the cruise we have both purchased packages or ultimate package and keep the pre-booked times.

We did this as recently as this month on Connie.

Sorry for my scribbles. This is what it includes on the Reflection.

Hi - we've had UDP twice before and will try again for April trip. (Will trade-up to UDP from pre-booked 5-nt pkg)

I see on your dining pkg notice that the 5-night was $149. That is what the X website shows also BUT when we pre-booked the 5-night dining for April-1 Reflection, we were charged $125 pp. Don't know if it was for early booking or got something extra off as Elite+. May have been a happy error because the 5-nt pkg charge was only $1.50 more than the 3-nt! 2 more dinners cheaper than McDonalds :D Maybe ships with 4+ restaurants offer more discount to help fill specialty seats.

I would not do UDP on a ship with only two specialty restaurants, maybe not even three if one of the restaurant's cuisine does not appeal to you. Gets repetitive (except Lawn Club Grill that we'll do at 3-4 times)

HAPPY CRUISING

• 2 weeks later...

We have cruised a couple of times on Seabourn and a couple of times in suites on Celebrity where we ate in Luminae. I felt the food during these 4 cruises was the best I had ever had on my 37 cruises. We usually do a couple of specialty restaurants each cruise but eating in them for the whole cruise for an extra $29 a person a day seems like a good deal. We are traveling with another couple for an 11 cruise in February and if they are interested in doing it also maybe we will try it.

I didn't see the high tea mentioned. Is this definitely included with the UDP?

The first time we purchased the ultimate package it was included, but we noticed the only people that attended where the ones who had the ultimate package. The last time we purchased the package the crew said they had done away with the tea although I wasn't sure if they mean just that ship or fleetwide. I haven't seen the tea offered on our last several Celebrity cruises which is unfortunate as we really enjoyed it.