Anthem $$$

Megs867

I booked the Anthem while on board the Empress since its the cruise my family wants to go on. But now I am looking it appears that the food it an additional charge? Is that correct? Are shows included and activities included or are they additional costs as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. There is a complementary main dining room and buffet, as well as smaller venues like Sorrento's, Cafe Promenade, and Cafe Two70.

In addition there are several uncharge dining venues like Chops, Jamie's, and Wonderland.

Entertainment & activities are included.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I booked the Anthem while on board the Empress since its the cruise my family wants to go on. But now I am looking it appears that the food it an additional charge? Is that correct? Are shows included and activities included or are they additional costs as well?

Anthem would be similar to what you experienced on Oasis in terms of food and entertainment.

On Oasis we ate in the dining room for free. Am I missing that option or is it not there?

You can eat in the dining room for free. It's just like the Oasis. You have the free dining room and then you have specialty restaurants that you have to pay for ONLY if you want to.

On Oasis we ate in the dining room for free. Am I missing that option or is it not there?

Technically Anthem doesn't have 1 main dining room, but instead she has 4 different rooms. Assuming you will be sailing after 11/27/16, you will have either My Time or Traditional and be assigned to one of the venues for the duration of the cruise. Menus will change nightly. Just like Oasis.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Technically Anthem doesn't have 1 main dining room, but instead she has 4 different rooms. Assuming you will be sailing after 11/27/16, you will have either My Time or Traditional and be assigned to one of the venues for the duration of the cruise. Menus will change nightly. Just like Oasis.

Ok so theres s free dining room plus a few free snack places then the specialties for a fee?

As one of the threads identified in that there are 4 complementary dining rooms. Prior to the announced change--the elimination of dynamic dining-- each of the four had distinct menus and distinct waiter's uniforms. However, now my understanding is that 2 will be assigned as MTD and the other 2 will be MDR as in the rest of the fleet. I'm so sad to see DD gone, as I truly enjoyed the DD Classic version on our Anthem's Aug. 25th cruise.

As one of the threads identified in that there are 4 complementary dining rooms. Prior to the announced change--the elimination of dynamic dining-- each of the four had distinct menus and distinct waiter's uniforms. However, now my understanding is that 2 will be assigned as MTD and the other 2 will be MDR as in the rest of the fleet. I'm so sad to see DD gone, as I truly enjoyed the DD Classic version on our Anthem's Aug. 25th cruise.

I had not really read anything about the dynamic dining. Sounds interesting though.

I had not really read anything about the dynamic dining. Sounds interesting though.

Basically, RCL tried to accommodate those diners that complained verbally in missing having same waiters and diners. The DD Choice resembled MTD and the Classic version had diners and waiters rotate to each of the 4 restaurants. On the 4th night the menus changed and in essence the diners had different menus for each of the nights.