Princess ID Cards

sennertd

We always take a card from a different cruiseline for our lights. Makes it easy to discern from the room card. Yes, we turn our lights off when leaving the cabin. If I run to the cabin to grab something or use the restroom, I don't want to have to take off my lanyard. Yes, I love using a lanyard. I never knew people got so up in arms about them until about a year ago when I was reading posts on CC. Anyway, one thing that I like is I can keep my card with me while in the pool or hot tub (no blingy lanyard for me). I don't have to worry about losing it and if a waiter comes by the pool or hot tub, I've got it right there. Being female, I don't have pockets in my swimsuit. And you guys that want them in the pocket of your swim trunks, be sure the pocket has a closure. We've found people's cards at the bottom of the pool on a couple of different sailings.

I didn't realize anyone ever criticized people who wear their cards on lanyards. I have always done that because then I don't have to wonder where I left it and don't have to worry about carrying a purse or wearing something with pockets. If I don't want it to show I simply tuck it inside my top.

I wear mine and it gets tucked away until I need it. I also purchase (Office Depot, or Walmart) before I leave home the clear pouches that I slide in my credit card. That way when shopping I have it handy too.

Have fun on your cruise and wear the ID card..LOL you paid for it.

I didn't realize anyone ever criticized people who wear their cards on lanyards. I have always done that because then I don't have to wonder where I left it and don't have to worry about carrying a purse or wearing something with pockets. If I don't want it to show I simply tuck it inside my top.

yeah some do sadly and they should not everyones allowed to do what they want to do be it wear a lanyard or have it in the purse , what ever their choice is for their own reason and no one should force their opinion on what they do on others , no harm saying this is what i do but the way some go about it it is sad .

i wore a lanyard as i didnt want to lose it out of any pockets i do have which are usually full of hankies , if i can get away with not having my hand bag with me it felt great walking around no bag to worry about , loved it .

everyones choices are different i respect that . each to their own i will say what i do and let them make up their minds on what they do .

We always take a card from a different cruiseline for our lights. Makes it easy to discern from the room card. Yes, we turn our lights off when leaving the cabin. If I run to the cabin to grab something or use the restroom, I don't want to have to take off my lanyard. Yes, I love using a lanyard. I never knew people got so up in arms about them until about a year ago when I was reading posts on CC. Anyway, one thing that I like is I can keep my card with me while in the pool or hot tub (no blingy lanyard for me). I don't have to worry about losing it and if a waiter comes by the pool or hot tub, I've got it right there. Being female, I don't have pockets in my swimsuit. And you guys that want them in the pocket of your swim trunks, be sure the pocket has a closure. We've found people's cards at the bottom of the pool on a couple of different sailings.

If you're spending the night before the cruise in a hotel room, those hotel key cards work quite well in the light thing.

I think people using lanyards are just stupid.

OK I can't..... JK :D:D:D

I never use one but plenty of folks do and I have never heard of anyone put down for it. Wear it with pride.

never seen it on the ships but saw a post that turned into arguments over it any that put either down are silly if they do , it is the individuals choice to do what they would like to do :)

I was not going to reply just increase my post total but since I do have something to add-here goes.

Your cruise card can be demagnetized to a point where it will not work in your cabin door. It seems to happen to my wife when she puts in a purse that has a magnet as a clasp. Even a small evening clutch has caused card to demagnetize. I also found that if I put the card in the pocket with my cell phone when going ashore it can be demagnetized. My card goes in a small card holder and in my pocket. Wife uses a card holder as part of a wristlet during the day and puts all in her evening bag at night.

Especially in a small evening clutch -- it's harder to keep the card away from the magnet. I had to get two new ones on the Pacific and blamed it on my new, very small minaudiere. Which has now been retired from cruising because it was already a pain to trek back down to the Purser's Desk on such a small ship; I can't imagine how annoying it would be on a larger ship.

Having to wear my work ID in a lanyard 5 days a week, I select not to wear a lanyard on a cruise. (the less to remind me of work while on a cruise the better) As others have said, if others wear a lanyard, does not bother me.

I was just going to say the very same thing, but, I just can't think of another place to carry my card, other than the obvious...... Hmmm

On the Royal and Regal you also need to put your card in a slot just inside your cabin to activate the lights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I put my old Dunkin Donuts card there it works fine. Don't put your cruise card next to a magnet if you do It won't work. :eek:

Tony

How did the whole lanyard thing get started? I sure don't remember seeing them a few years ago. A couple of years ago when someone first posted something about using a lanyard I didn't have a clue what they were talking about! :D

never seen it on the ships but saw a post that turned into arguments over it any that put either down are silly if they do , it is the individuals choice to do what they would like to do :)

I think they are a little dorky but it's your choice to look any way you want to.

:D

How did the whole lanyard thing get started? I sure don't remember seeing them a few years ago. A couple of years ago when someone first posted something about using a lanyard I didn't have a clue what they were talking about! :D

Princess realized that there was a market to sell lanyards & the craze began.

On the Royal and Regal you also need to put your card in a slot just inside your cabin to activate the lights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually it doesn't need to be your cruise card for this. Just bring along any old hotel key card and put that in the slot. When leaving just take the card out of the slot and leave it angled in the slot for safe keeping. Much better way to turn and off the lights without the fear of leaving your cabin with your cruise card in the slot.

Nothing wrong with having a lanyard for your card. We use it all the time except on formal nights and when we do it is usually worn inside the shirt.

It can't be a status symbol anymore to be Elite when there is a large percentage on the ship that are. We can tell who is Elite by the way they act and treat other passengers.

The one recommendation wherever you carry your card is to keep it away from anything magnetic. I must have gone through 5 different cards on the last voyage because of the magnetic watchband on my Apple watch.