ms Rotterdam New York Sail-Away - Oct 25, 2016

Boytjie

The Rotterdam is scheduled for a 7:00 AM EDT arrival at the Manhattan cruise terminal and a 16:45/4:45 PM EDT departure.

The webcam links are:

http://portnywebcam.com/ - for the ships docked at the Manhattan cruise terminal

http://nyharborwebcam.com/ - for ships docked at the Brooklyn cruise terminal - QM2 today - and for ships entering and departing New York harbor (including sailing under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge)

Also in port today: Cunard's Queen Mary 2 at the Brooklyn cruise terminal (Cunard does not publish arrival and departure times)

The Rotterdam's 20-day Atlantic Adventure itinerary is:

Oct 25 New York, New York, US

Oct 26 At Sea

Oct 27 At Sea

Oct 28 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Oct 29 At Sea

Oct 30 At Sea

Oct 31 At Sea

Nov 01 At Sea

Nov 02 At Sea

Nov 03 At Sea

Nov 04 Horta, Azores, Portugal

Nov 05 Ponta Delgada, Sao Miguel, Azores, Portugal

Nov 06 At Sea

Nov 07 At Sea

Nov 08 Malaga, Spain

Nov 09 Alicante, Spain

Nov 10 Barcelona, Spain

Nov 11 Barcelona, Spain

Nov 12 Cruising Strait of Bonifacio

Nov 13 Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy

Nov 14 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy

E6T20F.jpg

Wow! Also in port tomorrow Crystal Serenity and I'd love to be on any of those ships (Although I'll board QM2 on her next visit).

Serenity is scheduled for 23:59; QM2 USUALLY leaves at 17:00. It'll be a busy webcam night for me with Grandeur of the Seas in Port Canaveral on her maiden voyage on my January itinerary. So much to watch, so little time.

(I know you meant tomorrow not today)

Roy

Interesting, thanks!

Seems like she should be coming from Europe instead of going. Will she be doing winter cruises in the Med?

Think of Rome as the PVSA "Distant Foreign Port" on a repo to Ft. Lauderdale (arriving 12/9)

Roy

FWIW, recent upgrades to the camera are awesome. I'm just watching Serenity dock at Pier 88 and the image is beautiful on the HARBOR cam. Not quite as good as on the Port cam but still very clear.

Oh how I wish I could be in New York tomorrow. In addition to the big 3 I just picked up another of my favorite ships, Blount's Grande Mariner coming in and now docked at Chelsea Piers.

Roy

Wow! Also in port tomorrow Crystal Serenity and I'd love to be on any of those ships (Although I'll board QM2 on her next visit).

Serenity has just docked in NYC- she is overnighting and likely that is why it did not show up on cruisetimetables.com.

Interesting, thanks!

Seems like she should be coming from Europe instead of going. Will she be doing winter cruises in the Med?

She will go to Rome (via Ft. Lauderdale) and will cross the Atlantic again to start Caribbean cruises from Ft. Lauderdale in December.

That cruise on Rotterdam will continue from Rome. The 42-day Atlantic Adventurer (from Port Everglades) has several folks who boarded in Boston, more are boarding in New York, but most are getting on the ship in Ft. Lauderdale.

There are a few who are embarking in Rome to finish the cruise back to Ft. Lauderdale that ends on December 9.

We have more than 220 people on our roll call. They are still offering cabins, so the ship is not full. If you can make it to Ft. Lauderdale by Friday, you can get a real deal going only to Rome. Spend a few days there, then fly home. It would still be priced very reasonably.

Come on, you know you want to do it!

Jim

That cruise on Rotterdam will continue from Rome. The 42-day Atlantic Adventurer (from Port Everglades) has several folks who boarded in Boston, more are boarding in New York, but most are getting on the ship in Ft. Lauderdale.

There are a few who are embarking in Rome to finish the cruise back to Ft. Lauderdale that ends on December 9.

We have more than 220 people on our roll call. They are still offering cabins, so the ship is not full. If you can make it to Ft. Lauderdale by Friday, you can get a real deal going only to Rome. Spend a few days there, then fly home. It would still be priced very reasonably.

Come on, you know you want to do it!

Jim

Yes, I do!!!! But...no can do.. Enjoy!

Edited by Love the beach

Finally. The webcams have been working (although there's a nasty freighter anchored near the Harbor Cam) but the HAL forum gave me fits.

My first modern HAL cruise was on the Rotterdam out of New York.

Roy

Finally. The webcams have been working (although there's a nasty freighter anchored near the Harbor Cam) but the HAL forum gave me fits.

Roy

That freighter has blocked out most of QM2:(. I wasn't able to get on Cruise Critic for about five minutes earlier.

When I get on the Amsterdam in December, it will be my first 'R' ship. Looking forward to a new ship class to explore.

My favorite class (as opposed to the Prinsendam which is unique) of HAL ship.

I hope you'll love it. Is that the Panama Canal?

Roy

Edited by rafinmd