Seafood Shack

slidell40m

• 4 weeks later...
I don't see this lasting. Was on the Vista and saw very few people paying the extra to use this place.

I don't know. Maybe it would get some use on some older smaller ships that don't have as many alternative dining options. I read it was added to The Victory. I am planning on checking it out when we cruise in May.

Update: I just found a video on a not to be named site that includes some video of an "optional seafood" place on the Triumph. I know Carnival's site hasn't been updated to include the Conquest so I'm hoping this is the case with the Triumph as well!

I don't see this lasting. Was on the Vista and saw very few people paying the extra to use this place.

i think the shack might be better if it was a normal sit down restaurant kind of place. right now, you place an order. Then you are a given a beeper/pager kind of thing to wait as your food cooks. Depending on what you order, it can take about 10-15 minutes.

i think the shack might be better if it was a normal sit down restaurant kind of place. right now, you place an order. Then you are a given a beeper/pager kind of thing to wait as your food cooks. Depending on what you order, it can take about 10-15 minutes.

Yeah, we'll probably give it a try for a snack or something in the off times. I'm looking forward to trying it but the charge will keep us away more than once. Too many other good things!

• 3 weeks later...

I ate there several times on Vista, and it seemed fairly popular. The food was delicious and the prices were reasonable. The service was outstanding.

We sailed on Triumph in November and it was there the first and second day. Don't remember after that. Can't tell you anything about it just glanced at the price list. To much freee food to justify spending the extra dough to me. But it looked good.

The Seafood Shack is on the Triumph now!

Just got off the Dec 5 five day and it was open every day.

I tried it on the last day of our cruise and got the $13 lobster roll(most expensive item).

IF you love mayonnaise then you'll love this sandwich.

I thought there was too much mayo and too little lobster and would not do it again. I will say that it was a large portion with 2 rolls + french fries, just not to my taste.

Strange the photo on the website makes it look like its packed with lobster pieces and I was wondering how they could offer 2 lobster rolls with fries at such a cheap price. Now I know better. I am also fussy on brand of mayo. I once returned a lobster roll that was made with a no name whipped dressing. I like the real deal.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

Strange the photo on the website makes it look like its packed with lobster pieces and I was wondering how they could offer 2 lobster rolls with fries at such a cheap price. Now I know better. I am also fussy on brand of mayo. I once returned a lobster roll that was made with a no name whipped dressing. I like the real deal.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Forums mobile app

I don't like lobster rolls with mayo. The way we make it in New England is with warm butter. MUCH BETTER. Glad I didn't order that. We got the seafood combo and it was delicious, enough for two to split.

I ordered the fried clams ($5) on Vista. Ordering worked well; they gave me a beeper, I went over to the bar to get a drink, and right after my drink was prepared the beeper signaled that my lunch was ready. Hot and very tasty. I'd go again - although I missed the bouillabaisse that you could get from the old seafood places as on Conquest.

I was amazed at the two guys who ordered platters of oysters on the half shell. They were "market price" and each of them had at least 20 on their platters.:eek: