Complementary Hold Perks?

Last night I put a complementary hold on a cruise I am looking to take with my girlfriend next summer. Mainly I wanted to catch the tail end of their 100 hour sale to see if the next sale would be any better (spoiler: they extended it).

However this morning I received a phone call from a Senior Royal Vacation Planner in regards to this 24 hour hold, how I could book it with him, etc.. My girlfriend and I are both Gold C&A members, and I am about 3 days away from Platinum. He said that he could give us 1/2 price deposit and since we are C&A members he could throw in some other perks.

This all seems legit, I am not worried about that (he e-mailed his information right away, with an rccl.com e-mail etc). However I am curious about what "perks" he might have to offer as I didn't want to ask him directly and appear only interested in booking for the perks.

Has anyone ever received these "perks", that might know what they are? Is this a better way of booking a cruise through RCCL?

I'd ask specifically what extra perks they are referring to. It could be they mean the Gold coupons that you would get no matter how you booked. If they perks other that the coupons, get the list in writing before you book.

I initially booked through a vacation planner from Royal and they gave me a bottle of wine. I transferred my booking to my TA eventually and confirmed with her that the bottle of wine was still listed on my reservation. I think she offered me chocolate covered strawberries or wine and I chose the wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ulcards99

I had one of those vacation planners call me once. He offered me a free bottle of wine, but when I called back to book my cruise he had gone home or out to lunch or something and I got transferred to someone else who wouldn't give me the same deal. I didn't get my bottle of wine. Not a big deal because I brought my own anyway, but if they are offering something you really want it might be best to make sure you book right then otherwise they may change their mind about giving you the perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last night I put a complementary hold on a cruise I am looking to take with my girlfriend next summer. Mainly I wanted to catch the tail end of their 100 hour sale to see if the next sale would be any better (spoiler: they extended it).

However this morning I received a phone call from a Senior Royal Vacation Planner in regards to this 24 hour hold, how I could book it with him, etc.. My girlfriend and I are both Gold C&A members, and I am about 3 days away from Platinum. He said that he could give us 1/2 price deposit and since we are C&A members he could throw in some other perks.

This all seems legit, I am not worried about that (he e-mailed his information right away, with an rccl.com e-mail etc). However I am curious about what "perks" he might have to offer as I didn't want to ask him directly and appear only interested in booking for the perks.

Has anyone ever received these "perks", that might know what they are? Is this a better way of booking a cruise through RCCL?

We had used the 24 hour hold feature many times and did get an extra perk from booking when we got the call from them the next day to complete the booking.

I thought that the feature of putting a cruise on a 24 hour hold was eliminated months ago.

We had used the 24 hour hold feature many times and did get an extra perk from booking when we got the call from them the next day to complete the booking.

I thought that the feature of putting a cruise on a 24 hour hold was eliminated months ago.

I thought it was eliminated too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a Verizon certificate (pd $450 for $500 credit toward a cruise) and you have to call a specific number to book the cruise. I called out of curiousity to see if pricing was the same online which it was. The next day got a call from a vacation planner letting me know he could book it and would throw in a bottle of Champagne & Strawberries. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

Thanks for all the replies. I did ask and they would offer Wine with a cheese platter, Champagne with chocolate covered strawberry's, or anything for a celebration, i.e a cake. He also said he would work with the dining room to squeeze us into our dining slot (it was wait listed) so I will see how that turns out. Overall though I would say it was a good experience with a couple perks.