Fascinating, Jim 10/16-10/23 S. Caribbean Review

sparks1093

Nice review. We did this cruise in late August. I agree about the friendly crew who always greeted you and were always cleaning.

We also did the Harrison Caves, and they were spectacular.

The only thing I found surprising in your review was that they did not cancel your excursion in which you were the only 2 signed up. I say this because in St. Martin/St. Maarten we ended up on our 4th choice for an excursion due to not enough signing up for our other choices. (on our first 2 we were the only ones signed up, and the third had 6 already on when we tried to sign up.

We paid more for the Sky ride not realizing that the excursion was actually about $1 per person less.

Thank you. I was surprised also and even mentioned it to the tour operator employee. But there were other people on that excursion from the local hotel so it wasn't like the boat just had the two of us on it.

Thank you. I was surprised also and even mentioned it to the tour operator employee. But there were other people on that excursion from the local hotel so it wasn't like the boat just had the two of us on it.

That there were other people NOT from the Fascination on the tour explains why the tour operator did not cancel the excursion and Carnival did not cancel your reservation. That was not clear from your original post.

When I first mentioned to our TA that this was a cruise we were considering, he tried to discourage me saying we should go on a newer ship. But when we booked it with him, he was all for it. And of course we had a great time.

To anyone thinking about this cruise, do not let negative comments about the Fascination deter you from going on this cruise.

That there were other people NOT from the Fascination on the tour explains why the tour operator did not cancel the excursion and Carnival did not cancel your reservation. That was not clear from your original post.

When I first mentioned to our TA that this was a cruise we were considering, he tried to discourage me saying we should go on a newer ship. But when we booked it with him, he was all for it. And of course we had a great time.

To anyone thinking about this cruise, do not let negative comments about the Fascination deter you from going on this cruise.

I apologize for the ambiguity:o. If a newer ship were doing this itinerary it would be hard to enjoy it since you spend so much time in port. I agree that people shouldn't let the age of the ship influence their decision.

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay in posting pictures but it took me a while to find Photobucket to host my pictures. Anyway, I am still in the process of uploading the pictures but can still start posting here.

This is the view from our back door a few days before leaving on the cruise:

DSC_0001_zpsuh86wlqv.jpg

Cabin M122

DSC_0008_zpsxolbhu4t.jpg

Atrium Bar

DSC_0014_zpso4tueohd.jpg

Edited by sparks1093

Again, thanks for letting me know you were adding your pictures. I love what you have so far and Fascination looks like she's in great shape. The water park looks to be a lot of fun. Oh, love your view from your backyard! All we see are other houses, but I can't complain...we have a home. :) I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. :)

Again, thanks for letting me know you were adding your pictures. I love what you have so far and Fascination looks like she's in great shape. The water park looks to be a lot of fun. Oh, love your view from your backyard! All we see are other houses, but I can't complain...we have a home. :) I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. :)

You are most welcome. It's view that never gets old, although that particular view only lasts a few weeks. It will take me several days because I am uploading them to photobucket also, but I'm hoping it won't take too long.

Thanks for the review. We did this cruise a couple of years ago on the Valor. Loved the cruise and had so much on board credit from the lowering of rates that we were able to move from an ocean view to a lido balcony. Since the switch to a smaller ship I'm assuming that the on board credit is a thing of the past.

We enjoy the Fantasy class ships. In my opinion they have a great Serenity area and the outside eating area on the Lido is great.

Looking forward to more pictures. Your fall view is fabulous!

Thanks for the review. We did this cruise a couple of years ago on the Valor. Loved the cruise and had so much on board credit from the lowering of rates that we were able to move from an ocean view to a lido balcony. Since the switch to a smaller ship I'm assuming that the on board credit is a thing of the past.

We enjoy the Fantasy class ships. In my opinion they have a great Serenity area and the outside eating area on the Lido is great.

Looking forward to more pictures. Your fall view is fabulous!

You are welcome. We booked really early and never did see a price drop, but we were more than happy with the price we paid so it all worked out.:)

DSC_0362_zpsrbusdj7r.jpg

Puttin' On the Ritz

DSC_0363_zpsxmbdy1hs.jpg

DSC_0364_zpsn1zkcdmi.jpg

I think that's it for the ship. I will continue to upload pictures to photobucket and put a link in my signature if anyone wants to check out any of the pics from the island.

Edited by sparks1093