Carnival

Cjoshlin97

The "best" ship is so subjective. People are going to have a wide variety of opinions on this. The Vista is the newest and biggest, so if you are into big and new, with the most amenities, then the Vista is for you. Of course, it will also have more people on it. Some people like smaller ships because they hate crowds. Really, it depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I book for ports, not the ship. In any case, just do some research on all Carnival ships and then figure out what matters to you most. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

Something with adult atmosphere and something on the romantic side since it will be for my honeymoon

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I don't know your age or lifestyle and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but Carnival IMO does have more of a reputation for being more of a party-style line then others and I'm not sure about how that would fit with an adult atmosphere or a romantic side. Unless you are set on this line, you may also want to consider Princess, Celebrity and RCI as well as they may offer a little more of that atmosphere. Again, not knowing you or your preferences, Carnival might be a great choice, but there are others I might consider as well.

Whats carnival IMO

IMO= In my opinion ( a variant of IMHO, where the H stands for "humble").

What leaveitallbehind is saying is in their opinion carnival doesn't quite match your "adult atmosphere" and "romantic" requests.

I agree with leaveitallbehind.

Whats the best carnival cruise ship

I'll 'assume'(which is sooo dangerous!) that you're in your 20-30 maybeeee even forties ?? IF, you're merely looking for some 'alone time' then a smaller ship would be for you. I'd say maybe a balcony, which might forgo some CCL class ships sense some of the smaller Carnival class don't have balconies, except for the suites.As the post above stated, decide where you'd like to go, when, the either east, south, or western departure ports. If, it's the west, then you'd likely take the Mexican or Alaskan cruise. Eastern and southern port would mean the tropics. Any of the choices are awesome, so the world is indeed, yours. ;)

I be been on several cruises on different lines, NCL, Carnival, RCCL, HLA you CAN find adult atmosphere(romance) areas in all. I have been on each of these lines at various times in my life (20's-50's) with my husband and sometimes with offspring. Choose according to where you want to go and $. But I do agree with Rob in post#6...that IMO is vital. Balcony awesome for intimate Am/Pm sunset romance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You say you have a year to pay off your cruise. It sounds like you've already made your choice. If not, you still have time to do some research and compare both cruise lines.

We have cruised on both cruise lines. While Royal Caribbean and Carnival have many similarities, Royal Caribbean is a step up in some respects.

Just my opinion.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Because i have a year to pay off the cruise with carnival lol

Most cruise lines will provide for payments to be made between the time of deposit and final payment due date. If you book a year in advance that would allow for a year to make payments.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

So its not only carnival that offers that?

The ability to make payments prior to final payment? No. You can arrange that through your travel agent or the cruise line directly if you wish. Not sure I see an advantage to that, however. I'd rather put the payment amount into my own savings and pay the full amount at final payment to the cruise line. Why let them have my money in advance for their interest gain?

That's very difficult to say and ultimately only can be decided by you based on what you want in a cruise and what each ship has to offer. Carnival Liberty is a smaller ship and two years older than RCI Liberty of the Seas, but at 9 and 11 years since launch, neither is an old ship.

From personal experience I can say that RCI Liberty is a very good ship and crew and is a ship in one of our favorite RCI ship classes. But I've also only had experience on RCI and Celebrity and can offer no direct comparison as a result. Perhaps someone else will be able to jump on and help.

In the meantime, here are links to both RCI and Carnival describing both ships.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=FR&shipCode=LB&br=R

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-liberty.aspx

Maybe this will help in describing each ship for you. Good luck and enjoy your cruise - whichever you choose.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It sounds like money may be a factor for you as well. I just want to point out (having booked/cruised both lines recently) that the payment policies are a bit different. This is a very generic description below, there may be some nuances but you get the idea.

-Carnival has "early saver" bookings. You pay your deposit (which is NON-refundable from time of payment) and have until a specific date to make your final payment. During that time, if the price drops, you can subtract that amount from what you owe. After final payment, if the price drops up to 48 hours before the cruise, you get that amount in OBC or you can upgrade if available. (on our cruise, we ended up in a suite instead of a balcony for nearly the same price about a week before the cruise).

-Royal Caribbean is different in once you pay your deposit it is 100% refundable up to the date of final payment. If the price drops before final payment, you can subtract that amount from what you owe. However, after final payment, if the price drops, you get nothing. There are some instances where you can upgrade if the price drop is big enough but that doesn't happen often. (on our cruise coming up in January, our lowest price was a couple months ago and I'm pretty sure the price won't be dropping based on cruise history).

It's, of course, up to you but I think it's important to note those differences in booking/price drop policies.

I love both cruise lines and depending on your age and vacation needs (party or sunbathe, drink or food), I think either would be appropriate for a honeymoon.

Congrats!

We have seasickness in our family so we always get a balcony...just in case. I love cruising but quiet time is really important to me. I like to spend a lot of time on the balcony with just the sound of the ocean (and maybe some loud neighbors).

If it is within your budget, I know you would love a balcony cabin.