Signature beverage package clarification

dcassetta

So just to clarify, you don't just pay the difference if it's over $8? Like $2 for a $10 drink? We just sailed on NCL and you only had to pay the difference, which was nice.

I just sailed on NCL as well & their 'Ultimate Beverage Package' (UBP), is FAR superior to HAL, as any alcoholic beverage UP TO $15, is included, (whereas with HAL, it is ONLY up to $8)!!! ;)

Nothing is notated on your cabin card, only the bar attendants know you have the package when they scan your card, and even then not sure they know or care if you have the package. You are charged for the drink then you are credited back on your bill. It is the accounting department or computer system that knows what package you have an immediately adjusts it.

With NCL, the UBP is stamped onto the Room KeyCard in LARGE Black letters! ;)

I just sailed on NCL as well & their 'Ultimate Beverage Package' (UBP), is FAR superior to HAL, as any alcoholic beverage UP TO $15, is included, (whereas with HAL, it is ONLY up to $8)!!! ;)

But some of their drinks are $17. You're comparing apples to oranges: HAL drink prices are much more reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Isn't the tax on the "free" NCL package crazy high? and the starting cost for those who purchase it is more than HAL.

Prepaid @ $79.00 USD per person per day x Cruise Days plus 18% gratuity and beverage ... Please read the Ultimate Beverage Package Terms & Conditions

The free drink package on HAL is just that..FREE! No hidden taxes to pay. And to buy a HAL drink package and then upgrade it is still cheaper than NCL by what? 20 or more dollars A DAY??

And if you want to buy a drink out of pocket the prices are good. No overpriced drinks there, they are much more in line with real life.

The drinks on HAL are high quality, I cant speak for NCL. The mixers they use and the care they take ..wow! Tasty!

I do know that Carnival's drink package includes all drinks up to $50.00..and unlimited waters, sodas, energy drinks, fancy coffees, shakes, slushies. Anything non-alcoholic is NOT counted towards your 15 a day. I do wish HAL would do the same.

Edited by IndyDenise

Speaking of the 15 limit a day on HAL does anyone know if you can not use the drink packages on soft drinks and tell the bartender " to charge it to my sign and sail card".

I need to save the 15 for where it really matters! [emoji106]

Yes. You can ask for inexpensive beverages to be charged to your room account.

Yes. You can ask for inexpensive beverages to be charged to your room account.

I understood that everything was charged to the room account and then credited (same process as for 'free' hotel charge). So as 'the accounts team' would be responsible for that, how could they identify which ones you wanted to pay for?

Just remember that the Signature Beverage Package is only worth buying, if each person has at least 6 cocktails per day. If you drink less than that, it is better to just pay for each drink separately.

Don't forget about the coffees from Explorations Cafe. We enjoy several a day and like having them included in the SBP. That helps make it worth it for us.

Hi,

I have the Signature Bev. package as part of "Explore 4" promo. Does anyone have information on what drinks are covered on the $8.00 limit? Cocktails? Wine by the glass? :) Thanks, Annabelle

Any info I've found are old posts from 2 years ago

Hi,

I have the Signature Bev. package as part of "Explore 4" promo. Does anyone have information on what drinks are covered on the $8.00 limit? Cocktails? Wine by the glass? :) Thanks, Annabelle

Any drink priced under $8. This includes cocktails, wine, soft drinks, and specialty coffees.

You need to look at the beverage menu, there are links here on cc for it. I will try to find it for you if no one else does.

Here is a link to the dining room beverage menu. There are also separate menus for some of the bars.

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu1-1.pdf

Seriously, I'm printing it out and highlighting all the cocktails I want to try!!!

There's some serious yummy, there!:D

Maybe this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere! Is regular coffee free, or do we need to include it in our budget?

Regular coffee is included with your cruise fare. You're all set.

Regular coffee is included with your cruise fare. You're all set.

Also, ice tea is not extra. On our first couple of cruises, when we were on a very tight budget, we drank the free coffee for breakfast and had iced tea with our lunch and dinner. At the end of our cruises the only thing we owed was the auto-tip and a couple of inexpensive excursions.

Now we splurge a little, but not too much.

Also, ice tea is not extra.

If I recall from our HAL cruise (and probably industry standard based on RCCL too) the included "free" beverages are basic coffee, hot tea, ice tea, milk, lemonade (yellow or pink sometimes) and orange juice (some lines fresh squeezed is extra). I think I've also seen hot chocolate powder packs. If they can't make an Arnold Palmer (God Bless you Arnie, the greens in heaven are always perfect :cool: ) order a lemonade and ice tea and mix yourself.

One of our fonder memories of the last Alaska cruise was hot Irish Coffee on the Promenade deck. With SBP that will be a little less of a "can we affords this?" situation.