Nassau, get off or stay on?

I mean Atlantis.

We've done Atlantis several times and enjoy it but only if your ship is in port all day. Not worth it for those 7am-2pm stops as the slides don't open until after 10am.

If you are going look into getting a day room at the Comfort Suites Paradise Island as it will give you full privileges for up to 4 people at Atlantis. The price varies by time of year but the last time we went it ended up being about half the cost of what it would have been through Royal.

I read the post and thought it was a good idea, so I checked into the pricing for one night at Comfort Suites Paradise Island. It didn't seem to bad (~ $300/night) then I saw the small paragraph with all the additional fees. They added about $200 onto the one night room rate for my family of 4. :( Atlantis will probably be a pass. I think my teen boys would love the water park, but the cost is really high.

I read the post and thought it was a good idea, so I checked into the pricing for one night at Comfort Suites Paradise Island. It didn't seem to bad (~ $300/night) then I saw the small paragraph with all the additional fees. They added about $200 onto the one night room rate for my family of 4. :( Atlantis will probably be a pass. I think my teen boys would love the water park, but the cost is really high.

Believe it or not, $125 pp isn't a bad price, I've seen excursions during holiday seasons going for a lot more.

Was that for a day pass or for looking on line and seeing about booking one nights accommodation. I was quoted a lower price for a day pass by calling.

Not sure if you can still be able to purchase this tour, but The Bahamian Food Tasting Tour is great food and your guide provides quite a bit of information about the Bahama's. This is a walking tour and you visit (I think it is 5) Bahamian restaurants and get samples of food and beverage. Trust me by the time you finish the last restaurant, you are full.

Sometimes we just get off and wander around a bit. Yep, persons will try to get you to take a cab or some other purchase, just say no. Have never been worried in Nassau like Columbia or a few other locations. The straw market is in a building and is probably the one place that we always avoid. Too crowded and the same stuff at every stand (mostly made in China).

If you have never been to Nassau there are some really nice sights to see, google what to do in Nassau and you will get a bunch of good ideas.

I will be going to Nassau this December! So i booked the Food tasting tour thanks for the recommendation. I will post my experience later!

The cruise ship chasing lawyer says Nassau is very high crime.

Rule of thumb for us, if they have a closed off shopping area, and I think Nassau does, stay on the ship.

All that said, if they still have the Pirate Museum, we enjoyed it. Booked through the ship, but walking directions to the museum were petty poor. For a ship tour, they should have taken us to the museum. Had to get a map once ashore.

Edited by knittinggirl

If you are a fan of craft beers there is a small brewing company, Pirate Brewing Co. Good beer and you can tour the brewery wifi if you buy a beer. It is between the pier and senor frogs

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this, I've added them on my list of things to do.

Been there twice and got off both times. First time we took a ferry to Paradise Island and walked to the public beach, had some drinks. Returned to the port and hit up Senor Frogs and walked around the shopping areas. No issues at all except having to say "No thank you" a bunch of times.

This past October, we walked to the Queens Staircase, tried waiting out a storm, then bought some umbrellas and walked back. Still got soaked though. Too wet for a return trip to Senor Frogs, but we heard from someone else that they had just recently re-opened and that much of their seating area was still closed due to the storm - so getting a table was hard. Again, no issues and had a nice conversation with a local while waiting for the rain to stop outside the fort under an unused straw market booth.

I don't think I'd ever not get off, but I've only been on a couple cruises. If nothing else, I'd get off for a real cheeseburger at Senor Frogs. Those things that pass for burgers on the ship don't satisfy the cravings...

Edited by mattg43

Is Atlantic worth going to?

It was when you were able to walk more areas of the hotel. Now you have to pay to walk around the hotel or getting closer to a fish tank with fish. I'm glad my family enjoyed when it was free now we no longer visit Atlantis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums