Perplexed, Pacific, Packing

Acrusa

We will be cruising from Los Angeles to Hawaii and onto Tahiti the beginning of January. Does anyone know what type of weather we should expect? Need advice for what type of clothing we should bring for the first part to Hawaii? The remainder of the cruise will be more tropical.

Hawaii I know very well, my Husband lived there for a while and so we have been to all the islands several times through out the year and for 3 to 6 weeks at a time.

The weather in Hawaii doesn't change much, during the cooler months, December , January, and February, it will be in the high 70s. Maybe low 80s. During the summer the temps get to the high 80s. There is almost always a good breeze. With the breeze off the ocean it can feel like a light sweater is needed.

I wore capris or a skirt, tank top, and a light sweater most every day. And of course flip flops.

If you go up country you will want to have a warm sweater or a jacket.

• 2 weeks later...

I been on the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise, round trip from Los Angeles. As mentioned above, it will be cool out on deck the first 2 days at sea. Pacific waters off the coast of CA are choppy and cool. So, definitely a good windbreaker type jacket.

As you get closer to Hawaii, the weather gets warmer every day. The jacket comes off, lightweight tops go on. It's still breezy on deck, but it's a warm breeze.

Hawaii is usually drier in January, but still warm and humid. From this point on your coolest summer clothes are best.

Tahiti (ESPECIALLY Samoa) are hot and humid. Think tropics for sure.

Then, reverse the temperature change as you go back to CA.