car rental from ship

mm&jjm

would like to know if it is possible to rent cars from the ship to go sightseeing. plan on sailing on the sierna on Jan. 4, 2017 to Hawaii and then to the South Pacific. Would like to rent cars on the Hawaiian islands for six people to go sightseeing. Can cars be waiting for us at the port?

I don't think it has anything to do with Oceania.

Check with individual car rental companies.

Doesn't Enterprise offer free pick-up?

Depending on where you are at in HI Enterprise doesn't pick you up. What they do have is shuttles that take you to the office. Depending on how many people they have you might be restricted to 1 person only on the shuttle, so you have to get the car, then come back and get your group.

It's real easy to rent a car in advance for HI. I did this a couple of months ago. No need to wait until you're on the ship. I was surprised at how inexpensive they were. I had a 6 passenger van for 24 hrs for less than $100

Depending on where you are at in HI Enterprise doesn't pick you up. What they do have is shuttles that take you to the office. Depending on how many people they have you might be restricted to 1 person only on the shuttle, so you have to get the car, then come back and get your group.

It's real easy to rent a car in advance for HI. I did this a couple of months ago. No need to wait until you're on the ship. I was surprised at how inexpensive they were. I had a 6 passenger van for 24 hrs for less than $100

Which company did you use? Same one for each island?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Which company did you use? Same one for each island?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used Avis in Oahu, but I took transport to the airport from cruise ship as I was returning car to the airport that day and it worked out better financially to pick up and return to the same location.

I used Enterprise on Maui. I was going to use Enterprise on Hawaii/Big Island but we got a free tour there. They also used a shuttle at Hilo.

I've also booked from Thrifty in HI on a previous trip.

Just google the local offices and they'll tell you the shuttle procedures in each HI port.

would like to know if it is possible to rent cars from the ship to go sightseeing. plan on sailing on the sierna on Jan. 4, 2017 to Hawaii and then to the South Pacific. Would like to rent cars on the Hawaiian islands for six people to go sightseeing. Can cars be waiting for us at the port?

The CC Hawaii message board can give you a great deal of information about renting cars in Hawaii.

I have rented cars from National in Hilo, Honolulu and Kauai. In all three ports they had a shuttle to/from their location. I used National because they owed me a couple of free days, which I cashed in. I only had to pay the taxes, ~$8 per day. :D

A few years ago, our group of 6 did a cruise of the hawaiian islands. We played golf in each of the ports so we reserved a minivan to accommodate all of us and the golf clubs. We used Thrifty in all of the ports, except Hilo. They provided a shuttle to their office at the airport, which were very close to the port. However, in Kona, we were able to pick up the vehicle at the King Kamehameha Hotel which is just a short walk from the tender pier. This saved a lot of time versus having to go to the Kona airport. Two of us went each time to pick up the vehicle while the others waited at the pier with the clubs.

There is overnight parking at the cruise port in Maui and Kaui. Not sure of the other ports.

Also, whatever company you choose, make sure to join their VIP club before making your reservations. It will save having to stand in line at the counter.