Cost of Moscow 1 day excursion from St Pete

stromer

I am thinking of taking the Marina on a Baltic cruise in the summer of 2017. The Marina offers a 1 day excursion to Moscow during the 3 day stay in St Petersburg. Does anyone know the cost of this excursion based on information from the 2016 cruises (Oceania does not give out the price for the 2017 excursion until 180 days before it is scheduled to occur). The other cruise lines that have this excursion have their pricing as about $600. Regent - owned by the same company as Oceania charges about $1200.

Thanks, Rick

JMO

Regardless of the cost - and it WILL BE considerable - do it only if you are pretty much certain that you will never visit the country or the area again.

One of the unique things about Oceania's visit to St Petersburg is that they are there for 3 days - a very rare itinerary for a cruise ship.

IMO, there is enough to do and see for 3 days and it is best to take advantage of it. I've been to St Petersburg 4 times and even the last time I saw things that I have not seen before (the Faberge museum).

A very long day trip to Moscow is exhausting and limits the things you can see in Moscow during your short visit (as well as decreases you pleasure in STP).

Again, JMO

If you are going to Moscow, the tour must include the Kremlin Armoury Museum, here is a description from Wikipedia:

The Kremlin Armoury is currently home to the Russian Diamond Fund. It boasts unique collections of the Russian, Western European and Eastern applied arts spanning the period from the 5th to the 20th centuries. Some of the highlights include the Imperial Crown of Russia by jeweller Jérémie Pauzié, Monomakh's Cap, the ivory throne of Ivan the Terrible, and other regal thrones and regalia; the Orloff Diamond; the helmet of Yaroslav II; the sabres of Kuzma Minin and Dmitri Pozharski; the 12th-century necklaces from Ryazan; golden and silver tableware; articles, decorated with enamel, niello and engravings; embroidery with gold and pearls; imperial carriages, weapons, armour, and the Memory of Azov, Bouquet of Lilies Clock, Trans-Siberian Railway, Clover Leaf, Moscow Kremlin, Alexander Palace, Standart Yacht, Alexander III Equestrian, Romanov Tercentenary, Steel Military Fabergé eggs. The ten Fabergé eggs in the Armoury collection (all Imperial eggs) are the most Imperial eggs, and the second-most overall Fabergé eggs, owned by a single owner

In 2012, we did a 6 day river cruise from Moscow to St Petersburg that included 3 days in Moscow pre-cruise and 3 days in St Petersburg post-cruise. Both cities were great but the visits to smaller cities and towns gave us a better feel Russian culture, religion and lifestyle.

Cheers,

Don

If you really want to see Moscow look at some of the private guides like SPB, ALLA etc..

they may be less expensive

but as others have said it is a long day with a 5 or 6 am start time arriving back near midnight

Most people that we have spoken to enjoyed the trip but found it exhausting

Do your research & know your energy limits ;)

I agree with previous posters- spend your 3 days in St. Petersburg! There is so much to see in this gorgeous city. You won't be able to do justice to Moscow in one day. I just returned from a river cruise Moscow to St. Petersburg with 3 days in Moscow pre cruise and 3 days post cruise in St Petersburg. Still didn't see everything I had on my list. It did add to what I missed on my Baltic cruise. The advantage to seeing the cities with an actual Russian visa can't be overstated.

JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app