Coastal kitchen

Just returned from the Oasis yesterday. Had reservations for 4 evening meals. Menu 1 the first night was excellent. about 20 people at 800 pm first night. Service was great but menu two not to our liking. Dessert the same on second visit. Second visit about 16 people present at 800pm. Cancelled third visit. The menu for the six day was menu 1 day one & Two , Menu 2 day 3 & 4 and menu 3 day 5 & 6. Stated 7 day was 2 day,3 day ,2 day. Need to add some more items and change daily. Same Classic items as dinning room. Bob

Just returned from the Oasis yesterday. Had reservations for 4 evening meals. Menu 1 the first night was excellent. about 20 people at 800 pm first night. Service was great but menu two not to our liking. Dessert the same on second visit. Second visit about 16 people present at 800pm. Cancelled third visit. The menu for the six day was menu 1 day one & Two , Menu 2 day 3 & 4 and menu 3 day 5 & 6. Stated 7 day was 2 day,3 day ,2 day. Need to add some more items and change daily. Same Classic items as dinning room. Bob

Good to know!! Thank you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was there filet and lamb chops on any of the menus?

Same sailing as OP, Yes on Menu 2.

We're lobster or scallops on the menu?

Not on the menu but was served on lobster night on top of our entrée, In fact they served me two plates and I end up ignoring the main course :)

On that same Oasis sailing and ate at CK 4 of the 6 nights. I loved it. The Caesar salad is wonderful. COmes in a crouton bowl that you can eat. they even brought my husband, who eats like a 10 year old.....chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese. He had sliders another night. Great place for us to eat because he can get that stuff and I can eat really good upscale food. I thoroughly enjoyed the baramundi and tuna.

I assume if there is something you would want from the main dinning room menu served that day or a indian curry this shouldn't be a problem ro receive as well?

Not a problem at all. Our friends had a special Indian curry dish made for them one night. A little too spicy for me.....but they were happy with it.

Just came back yesterday and did CK three nights. We usually went around 8:00 to 9:00 and it was never full. Even the last night there were plenty of tables at 7:30.

As stated, they started the different menu every night on our cruise. There are some "classics" there every night and 4-5 other items that change.

Yes on the filet, lamb chop, and scallops. I had the filet and chop, which were outstanding. I think I like the chop at Chops better but maybe it's just the venue. We usually went up around 6:00 - 6:30 for a pre-dinner cocktail then just asked Alana what she had available for a table for two. It was either be seated now or wait 20 - 30 minutes for a "better" table.

She was outstanding as the CK hostess.

Just came back yesterday and did CK three nights. We usually went around 8:00 to 9:00 and it was never full. Even the last night there were plenty of tables at 7:30.

As stated, they started the different menu every night on our cruise. There are some "classics" there every night and 4-5 other items that change.

Yes on the filet, lamb chop, and scallops. I had the filet and chop, which were outstanding. I think I like the chop at Chops better but maybe it's just the venue. We usually went up around 6:00 - 6:30 for a pre-dinner cocktail then just asked Alana what she had available for a table for two. It was either be seated now or wait 20 - 30 minutes for a "better" table.

She was outstanding as the CK hostess.

Good to know. We're on Allure on the 13th and look forward to dining in CK.

1st time i heard of different menu every nt. On Oasis 11/13.Can you get to view every nt.menu on the first day?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

At least on Allure, they just started it on our cruise 10/30/16 and I am sure if you ask they will show you the entire week. Alana showed us a xerox copy for the entire week. That was how we made the decision on when to do Chops and Giovanni's

I thought CK on Oasis was fabulous (I was on the same cruise as OP and Max's Mom). We were on for 13 nights and dined there daily for breakfast, about half the time for lunch and dinner. My only complaint was that the flatbread crust is now basically an oversized cracker, not a true flatbread crust. But everything else I ordered was superb - pasta, fish, lobster cocktail (lunch), blueberry strudel, apple pie, etc. No wonder working out daily wasn't enough to stave off some extra pounds!

It got very crowded between 9:30 and 10:00 at breakfast. They brought reinforcements from the MDR and other specialty restaurants, but they can only fit so many chefs into the galley, so it did slow down a bit. But we weren't in a hurry, so didn't much care.

Lunches were great, seldom crowded. Dinner could get busy, but we never found the service to be lacking.

Edited by critterchick