Local food?

Hoyaheel

Aside from the couple of excursions I've seen mentioned (shopping with the chefs/dinner & wine later that day) that aren't offered on my cruise, and the tales of the seafood & French cheese on a recent Atlantic crossing, how often does Azamara incorporate local foods into their menus? We'll be doing the Nov 30 Singapore-Hong Kong itinerary, and specifically I'm wondering about dumpling or noodles at breakfast (one of my favorite things when I'm working in China;) )

[i'm sure the food will be wonderful, I'm not worried about that - just curious]

We were told that the Hotel Directors now have a budget to purchase local foods and when feasible wines. We have had local fish and cannoli on our last couple of cruises in August/September but no local wines.

Might just be worth mentioning your likes to whoever is HD and you never know!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aside from the couple of excursions I've seen mentioned (shopping with the chefs/dinner & wine later that day) that aren't offered on my cruise, and the tales of the seafood & French cheese on a recent Atlantic crossing, how often does Azamara incorporate local foods into their menus? We'll be doing the Nov 30 Singapore-Hong Kong itinerary, and specifically I'm wondering about dumpling or noodles at breakfast (one of my favorite things when I'm working in China;) )

[i'm sure the food will be wonderful, I'm not worried about that - just curious]

I understand Prince Edward Island mussels, oysters, and real North Atlantic lobsters were loaded on in Charlottetown during the Quest charter. Also more oysters and lobsters later in the cruise.

Look out for the Dim Sum brunch also.

I agree with Phil. The Dim Sum/Yum Cha Brunch was a highlight on our Quest Asian B2B cruise. It is set up in the dining room on a sea day and lots of individual food stations serving great Asian treats. It was spread over a good period of time with pax coming and going.

Another Azamara highlight. Along with Aqualina, Prime C, officers and crew, overnights, Azamazing Evening etc etc.

Good morning Hoyaheel,

We are on your cruise and greatly looking forward to Asia as we have never been before.

On the Journey in August local food was brought on to the ship on three separate occasions.

Italian deserts ....these were individual pasties, very yummy.

Fresh shellfish and Squid.

And the best Halibut I have ever tasted. Chef Monica baked them in salt and they were wonderful.

Specials in the speciality restaurants also reflected local fresh fish twice during our cruise. Some people we meet said fresh fish appeared as a special on the Grill after 5pm. We didn't experience this for ourselves perhaps someone else could chip in hear.

We are disappointed that no food trips with the Chef are offered on our trip so we have booked the "Discovery Bangkok " land discovery trip. This has a Thai banquet on a converted rice barge at lunch which we hope with give us a taste of Local food. Only problem is the afternoon portion of this trip is to a palace which closed in September for renovation. I have posted a question for Bonnie but as yet she hasn't responded.

Good morning Hoyaheel,

We are on your cruise and greatly looking forward to Asia as we have never been before.

On the Journey in August local food was brought on to the ship on three separate occasions.

Italian deserts ....these were individual pasties, very yummy.

Fresh shellfish and Squid.

And the best Halibut I have ever tasted. Chef Monica baked them in salt and they were wonderful.

Specials in the speciality restaurants also reflected local fresh fish twice during our cruise. Some people we meet said fresh fish appeared as a special on the Grill after 5pm. We didn't experience this for ourselves perhaps someone else could chip in hear.

We are disappointed that no food trips with the Chef are offered on our trip so we have booked the "Discovery Bangkok " land discovery trip. This has a Thai banquet on a converted rice barge at lunch which we hope with give us a taste of Local food. Only problem is the afternoon portion of this trip is to a palace which closed in September for renovation. I have posted a question for Bonnie but as yet she hasn't responded.

Could you post a link to the question you sent me? I do apologize for not responding yet...I promise to focus on your question!