Regal questions

pathi

Anyone that has been on the Regal recently.

What time were the rooms available? Are they still not opening up until 1:30 or so? I know this is not the norm for other Princess ships.

Dress for the Chef's Table,

Will slacks and a dark guyabera shirt by acceptable for Chefs Table? I know folks usually dress up a little for this.

Thanks

What time were the rooms available? Are they still not opening up until 1:30 or so? I know this is not the norm for other Princess ships.

Will slacks and a dark guyabera shirt by acceptable for Chefs Table? I know folks usually dress up a little for this.

Thanks

I have never had to wait to go to my cabin on embarkation day on any Princess ship including the Regal and Royal.

I have done the Chef's Table twice. On both nights the dress code was smart casual. The event required everyone to don a chef's coat while touring the galley which would be a problem for some in formal attire. Just pay attention to the Princess Patter daily schedule and dress in accordance with the dress code listed there for the day you attend the Chef's Table.

Thanks

Just got off the Regal, We boarded at noon and out cabin was still in the process of being cleaned. We dropped of our carry ons, but I think this flustered the cabin steward and we never got a thorough cleaning.

Although we sat by the Chefs Table, all the dinners must have been during the late seating, so can't respond to that question.

When we sailed on the Regal the passenger corridors where closed off, so no access to your cabin regardless until 1

We too had that experience last year on the Regal.

Twice we've had to wait to board the Regal until 1:00

Never on any other Princess ships though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was true for us to last Xmas on Regal. We boarded just before 1:00 as the traffic getting to the port was horrendous as there were about 9 ships docked. The corridor doors to cabins opened just after we got to the Aloha deck. We are doing the Xmas cruise on Regal again this year, but this time it is 11 days and not 7

That's not typical if Princess. Was there something in particular that might have delayed access to cabins!

It has happened that you cannot get to your cabin until 1 pm on both the Royal and 2 Regal cruises. Think there are more rooms and not enough staff. Staff physically block you from going to cabins.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...
I was on Royal Princess this April, and I saw the middle stairs are now open to the public. Anyone who has recently been on Regal can let me know if the middle stairs are also available for passengers to use?

Thank you.

Yes, they were finished for guest use and opened up during her recent drydock in May.

Thanks

We embarked in Copenhagen. Had to wait till 1 to get to the rooms.

When we sailed on the Regal the passenger corridors where closed off, so no access to your cabin regardless until 1

Sorry this happened to you. It wasn't our experience when we cruised the Regal. We were on before noon and our cabins were ready. We dropped our carryons and away we went to eat.

• 3 weeks later...

What time were the rooms available? Are they still not opening up until 1:30 or so? I know this is not the norm for other Princess ships

We will be embarking on the Regal in Brooklyn the last of September. I'm wondering if anyone has recent experience with what time we can go to our staterooms. Each time we have sailed Regal or Royal we have waited until at least 1 p.m. before we could go to our stateroom.

Thanks

We will be embarking on the Regal in Brooklyn the last of September. I'm wondering if anyone has recent experience with what time we can go to our staterooms. Each time we have sailed Regal or Royal we have waited until at least 1 p.m. before we could go to our stateroom.

Thanks

We have found exactly that on the Regal with corridors blocked off until 1 or 1:30. The first time it happened, I thought there had been a problem. But it happened again. I guess that is the norm, as it is on many other lines. All other Princess ships are ready as soon as you board. The only positive is that your luggage may be waiting for you when your room is finally ready.