Willdra’s Majestic Carnival Magic October 15-22 Cruise

willdra

I'm so jealous of you!!! [emoji6] I would totally karate chop someone for a Guy's Burger [emoji488] right now!! [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oops! Im sorry but I went back and re read my post to you. Im on board with your review and left that part out :o Im not actually on board Magic right now. 11 more months and 1 day seems so long from now! LOL

Willdra,

Following your review and love your style.

Let me ask you- Did you have a chance to catch the Good Rev. Dr. E do his trivia/party/comedy/dance thang in the Atrium at 9:30 PM? I hope you did, you wouldn't forget it.

I recommend all future Magic cruisers to check it out.

This is not your normal trivia, he takes it to a whole new level.

Willdra love your review and your humor. DW and I were on the Magic with you but never met up. I was hopping for a M&M but it never came about. Maybe next cruise.

We are also glad God invented naps one of his best ideas.

Willdra love your review and your humor. DW and I were on the Magic with you but never met up. I was hopping for a M&M but it never came about. Maybe next cruise.

We are also glad God invented naps one of his best ideas.

Yes maybe our paths will cross again! [emoji6]Naps are wonderful!! [emoji847][emoji106]🏾

Oops! Im sorry but I went back and re read my post to you. Im on board with your review and left that part out :o Im not actually on board Magic right now. 11 more months and 1 day seems so long from now! LOL

LOL no worries, the time will fly by and you will be embarking before you know it! [emoji12]

OMG, this review!

I very rarely read reviews, but if they were written like yours, I'd be reading them all!

My wife and I will be on Magic December 3rd, and it'll be the first time we're sailing on one of the newer ships.

Looking forward to more of your review, you are killing it!!! :D:D

That's a huge compliment!! I really appreciate this! You are going to ❤️❤️❤️ the Magic!!!

Thank you for making my Veteran's Day at work better! I'm reading your review and laughing because I will admit, my hubby and I most certainly get a pre-dinner snack (more like a meal) before going to the mdr! We will be on the Magic next month.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Thanks for reading and for being a member of the pre dinner snack club! We rule! [emoji119]🏾[emoji4][emoji16]

This is the best review I've ever read! That hazelnut cake :eek::eek: LOOKS AMAZING!! I will have to talk to my hubby about booking Magic next year! Looks like an amazing ship

You should totally do it! It's worth it for the Hazelnut Cake alone!!! [emoji7][emoji106]🏾

I am loving your review. We sail on the Magic next September.

I wonder if the person who came up with the Croc visor still has a job?

Nothing good ever comes from wearing Crocs, especially your head :D

LOL!!! There was no way they were turning me into a "Croc Head"! [emoji33]

OMG, this review!

I very rarely read reviews, but if they were written like yours, I'd be reading them all!

My wife and I will be on Magic December 3rd, and it'll be the first time we're sailing on one of the newer ships.

Looking forward to more of your review, you are killing it!!! :D:D

We will be sailing with you :)

Day 3- Amber Cove

We woke up around 9 to the tap tap tapping on the door by our cabin steward. It seems that W forgot to put the "Snoozin'" sign out. You had one job W, one job!!

Anywho, we needed to get up so we were not mad. We quickly handled our hygiene, and then went up to the Lido for breakfast, which was just an omelet, french toast, and cereal. Uggghhhh I forgot to hit up Blue Iguana for arepas! #Fail! I will not forget tomorrow. Hopefully.

After breakfast we meandered out to the port area. Since our birthdays are 1 week apart, we are on the same schedule to have our Drivers Licenses renewed. Both of us took care of this almost 2 weeks before our cruise. In the state of GA, when you have your Drivers License renewed, you are issued a paper temporary license and the permanent one is mailed to your home a couple of weeks later. No big deal right? Maybe. Since we didn't want a hassle, and we didn't want to get left in the Dominican Republic (because it’s a long swim back, and I have weak arms), we brought our passports with us as an extra precaution.

When we left the ship, it was drizzling so we didn't know how long we would be out there. Now I keep a rain poncho AND an umbrella in my suitcase at all times, but did I think to grab them??? Of course not!! Why ruin a perfectly good vacation by thinking?

At first sight, Amber Cove really is beautiful! Everything looked new and inviting.

30871035405_eb45b52998.jpg

30834611366_532874719d.jpg

We really just wanted to check out the marketplace and hit Del Sol (my mandatory shop). We went around to some of the shops, and looked around but No Del Sol. I’ll admit, I was slightly disappointed at first, but then I thought, well we won't be breaking the budget in this port! We ended up just getting a couple of magnets, and walking over to the pool.

The pool area was also very nice and spacious. The pools were very big and sectioned off so that you could really get a good view no matter where you sat. There were slides and a nice kiddie area. They also had hammocks, cabanas. and umbrellas for rent.

Here is a picture of the price list for future reference:

29872078563_faf7144cb9.jpg

I think the coolest part was the zip line that went directly over the pool area. It was neat seeing people zip down right over our heads. Especially the men who were screaming like schoolgirls! They were my favorites. The price seemed extremely reasonable too.

30834638706_570a4709d1.jpg

30205790930_e9b6df99b8.jpg

The strangest part was the female “dancers” on the bar. Maybe it was just me, but I didn’t really think that they fit in with the “family friendly” vibe of the area. I mean, “No thanks ma’am, I would certainly NOT like your buttocks this close to my nachos and margarita!” I guess they wanted to make sure there was something for everyone. Everyone!

This was one of the few "PG" pictures that I found:

30754559382_cc182d4e7f.jpg

The bathrooms were really nice, clean, and air conditioned too! #Paradise!!! W has to get in the water every chance he gets, so he did just that while I found a spot in the shade to chillax. I also needed to be situated so that I had optimum people watching capabilities. See and be seen, right? Pretty soon it stopped drizzling but the sky was still very cloudy, so shade was not an issue. Even though it was overcast, don't let the smooth taste fool you! It was still HOT and MUGGY!!! I was happy that W put on lots of sun block cuz nobody wanted to deal with the consequences and repercussions of him having sunburn later. “Not I”, said the cat!

Day 3 Part 2

Before long it was time to board the ship as we were only here until 3:30.

We made the slow crawl back through the marketplace and held our breath as we handed our paper Drivers Licenses to the security guard. He glanced at them and waived us through. No problem. Huh? No fight, no raised eyebrow, not even a second look??? Maybe our paper Drivers License is only questionable in the good ole U S of A! Who would've thought?

Here are some of the pictures that we took along the way:

30205791690_8a8c4c129a.jpg

30467572236_41b30683d8.jpg

30569982340_7b53765afe.jpg

30871156425_90d192db5d.jpg

30238896754_e715d606c6.jpg

30504258865_5ab1a17085.jpg

Day 3 Part 3

Back on the Magic, we were overdue for our first visit to Serenity so that's where we headed. We found a decent spot out of the sun ☀️ and all was right with the world. Shade is everything!

Here's another tip: invest a few dollars in one of these battery powered fans. They are a life saver on days like today! Instant breeze!

29872159023_5ae9c8921b.jpg

I hung out in the clamshell while W went foraging for food. After he came back I decided I wanted a salad so I went down to Lido. For some reason my feet ended up in the Guy's Burger line, and no matter what I did, and how hard I tried, I couldn't get them to take me to the salad line! So I got a burger and fries, which made my feet very happy! I made a mental note to have my feet checked out when I got home because they were out of control!

I ate and fell asleep like a vagrant in public. Yes, by now there was no shame in my nap game! It went public. We had the portable fan blowing between us, and we slept until someone thought it was a good idea to blow the ship's horn extremely long and loud right over our heads! It scared the bejesus out of me!! Very briefly. Then I fell back asleep. I am now a professional napper! #Goals!

The horn would continue to blow off and on for the next half hour or so but we stayed out. I set my alarm for 5 pm because I've been dancing to the music all week, now it was time to pay the piper and hit the gym. Boooooo!!!!! My inner fat girl smirked and won every time I intended to go, but didn't, for whatever made up reason that I concocted. She couldn't win anymore because I needed to be able to zip up my pants without them cutting off my circulation and causing me to pass out. I got there and it was relatively empty and quiet. It almost felt wrong to be in there. Almost. After I ran, I went back to the cabin where W was already dressed and showered for dinner. His food priorities are epic! I slowly got dressed and we were on the run again.

Dinner was quiet and there were lots of empty tables. I had the Shrimp Cocktail and Tilapia. W had Oysters and Flat Iron Steak. Dessert was Peach Pie a la mode and Butter Pecan Ice Cream for me and Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for W.

Oysters

29872159903_c8bc91605b.jpg

Tilapia

30467701726_e1c6074d45.jpg

Flat Iron Steak (Again)

30387827322_6ce76ca180.jpg

Peach Pie with Butter Pecan Ice Cream

30504397125_3c26a83a86.jpg

Mork and Mindy were a no show tonight so we had the table to ourselves. Again. Ok did they hear something about us like we hog all of the bread or we chew and breathe with our mouths open?? I mean really, there has to be a good reason that they keep missing the main dining room right?? I have questions.

After stuffing ourselves as much as humanly possible, we left to get ready for the comedy show. Tonight it was Jerome, and he was ok. I guess. He told us it was his last night, and I was really looking forward to him leaving the ship. The rest of the night was uneventful. I went up to Lido to get water for my nightly tea and ice cream for my Oreos. The vanilla ice cream was out, so I had to settle for chocolate. The struggle is real!

I got back to the cabin and made plans to wake up at 8 so that I could hit the gym and make it to the Lido before breakfast was over. I still haven't had arepas!

Before I fell asleep I said a quick prayer thanking God for Guy Fieri! What that man does to a burger has to be a result of divine intervention! He has even managed to hypnotize my feet to take me there against all of my free will and good sense!

• Like 1

Ah, the October 15th Magic cruise... that dang ship that was following us all over the Caribbean...

We were on Glory :D

LOL! My husband and I started betting on whether the Glory would be with us at each port. Of course I won, he's an amateur! :eek::D

Day 4~St. Thomas

We were scheduled to arrive here around 11 am. My alarm went off at 8, but y'all know me better than that. I don't even have to tell you that I slept until I heard Rev. Dr. E on the loud speaker singing his "Good Morning, I said Good Morning...." song. If you are familiar with this, then you know it's around 9:30. Which also means that I overslept. Once more. Because vacay!

I eventually got up and made my way to the gym. Late. I ran my miles then flew back to the cabin to get ready to leave for the day. We walked out into Havensight and caught a taxi into downtown. It was $4 per person for a shuttle type bus, which was nice. We got out right by the park and outside market. Del Sol was our first stop. I bought a t-shirt which is now one of my favorites. I saw some bracelets that I loved on the way in, but mistakenly I thought I would see them somewhere else so I passed. I really wanted to get our alcohol purchases out of the way, so we went looking for our store. We found it, but the prices were horrendous which made us keep looking.

I saw some cute cover ups and sundresses that I liked, but I really wasn't in the mood for any of that today. I wanted the Pure White Hennessy and Ponche Cuba, and I wanted them at reasonable prices. We usually go to A H Riise, but they changed the layout of their stores since the last time we were here, so it took a minute to find their liquor store. Once we found it, I got the Hennessy and some Bear Hug Mango infused vodka that looked interesting. W got his Bacardi, but I didn't see the Ponche Cuba again. By this time my stomach was talking to me, so we went looking for food.

We decided to have lunch at Cafe Amici in the AH Riise Mall. It was an Italian Cafe, which equals cheese in my book. The pizza was good, and so was the three cheese garlic bread. Cheese mission accomplished. For now.

30387942312_50639296b5.jpg

30467574016_9c46fb05e0.jpg

Next, we took pictures of the ships before walking back to the taxi stand.

29872376053_18437bbd30.jpg

29872635523_e08e7edbdd.jpg

30504200605_81a6dfd9bc.jpg

We got in a cab which was really a minivan commandeered by an elderly lady. When I told her we were going back to The Magic she sucked her teeth, and rolled her eyes. Hmmm what did that mean?? Then she just said get in. Okkkk. Now I’m scared, but we have places to be! After she got another couple in, we were off. She started playing what sounded like country western gospel. Alright then Jesus take the wheel. This has to be ok right? So as she's driving she's fussing at people under her breath and she almost hit a pedestrian. Then she had the nerve to fuss AT HIM for walking! Excuse me ma'am, but I don't think Jesus would approve of you running people over then yelling at them. Something about that just doesn't seem right. This old lady was acting like she was about that life tho! You know I had to laugh because this was so crazy! She dropped us off in one piece close to the entrance to the port, and charged us $5 per person. I guess she charges a dollar extra for the country western gospel music.

Since I still didn't have everything that I wanted we walked across the street to Al Cohen. Then nope. They didn't have the Ponche Cuba either. Walking back through Havensight we stopped at a store that had Ponch de Caribe. I got one bottle of that as a consolation because I was tired of looking. We started walking to the ship, and we saw one last gift shop all the way in the back by the gate. We went in there and since everyone kept asking me what I was looking for, I told them what I wanted, and voila there it was and cheaper than the one that I saw downtown! The salesman was very nice too! He wrapped up everything and put it in boxes for me. Even the stuff that I bought elsewhere. 😃 My faith in humanity is now restored!

• Like 1

Day 4 Part 2

Now back to the ship for reals this time. Once we were on the ship we checked in our liquor and went to Serenity to claim our spot. Success!! Our favorite clamshell was empty. It's the one in the corner by itself next to the window overlooking the Thellasotherapy pool. You get the best breeze in this location. Plus when people come through those glass doors, you get a burst of A. C. #Double Score!

30418049911_b3cfe075b0.jpg

30840330331_8a04e5f6bd.jpg

29874246954_fd6a09e544.jpg

As soon as we got settled, W fell directly to sleep. I took advantage of having cell service by catching up on social media and emails. Very soon hunger came calling on me again, so to the deli I went. It looked like lots of other peeps had that same idea because it was packed! Man this turkey wrap better be the bomb.com! After what seemed like an eternity, I got my wrap and bounced!

I ate and messed around on my iPad until the ship's horn starting blowing like crazy again. What in the world is going on now??? This time The Glory was pulling out, and both ships were sounding their horns. I'm sorry to say to my BFF Glory, but the Magic is clearly the alpha dog in this horn blowing competition. The Magic's horn was deep and strong like Barry White, while The Glory sounded like Gomer Pyle. Really Gomer? You can't handle big sexy Barry!

30500509986_c6f969905f.jpg

30205772120_6547a729c7.jpg

30504202905_655af9ca0e.jpg

By now it was officially dark and time to get ready for dinner so we went back down to the cabin. I swear time speeds up between the time to "get ready" for dinner and "OMG you are gonna make us late again." I had an hour and a half when we got to the room. Then suddenly, I only had 14 minutes and W was giving me the normal stank eye. One thing you do not do, is mess with his dinner.

Day 4 Part 3

In the main dining room the servers looked like they were happy to see us so they could have something to do. We were in port late, so a lot of people skipped dinner in the main dining room.

Tonight I got the Peach Soup and Curry Shrimp. W got Broccoli Soup, Beef Tenderloin, and we wanted to try the Fried Chicken together.

Peach Soup

29890245394_a0e38e323b.jpg

Broccoli Soup

29890244404_d0e4827b66.jpg

Beef Tenderloin

30520905255_cbc8d57abd.jpg

Curry Shrimp

30404704642_4fd63d99c2.jpg

Dessert was the S'mores Parfait and the Sticky Toffee Brioche.

S'mores Parfait

29893775404_6ed8256bf1.jpg

Sticky Toffee Brioche

30437484631_a175786a3e.jpg

The servers danced to "Happy" and it indeed made us happy.!

No Mork and No Mindy tonight either. They are still a mystery! If anyone sees them tell them we are really nice people!

Day 4~Part 4

Our after dinner entertainment choice was the Love and Marriage Show. If you have never been, GO! Especially when you have a good Cruise Director because they totally make the show! The only drawback is that it is held right after Bingo, and in order to get a good seat, you may have to suffer the slow painful death known as BINGO! This is a game that no matter how hip and cool the hosts try to be, it’s always whack because they are trying way too hard to make BINGO funny. Dudes give it up. It's not funny. Nope not even then! I mean if this chick says “bye Felicia” one more time!!

Right around the time that I wanted to jump up and run out of there screaming, it was time for the show! What really got me tho was that people left after BINGO! You actually came here for BINGO???? You really need to reevaluate your life choices when you go for BINGO but leave right before Rev. Dr. E.!

The good Rev. Dr. E. did not disappoint either! He made the show hilarious and I know I laughed more at that than at the Comedy Club! When he said the older guy looked like the Count from Sesame Street!! OMG please bury me in my good black dress and make sure somebody does my eyebrows, cuz I died!!! Whew!

29892278633_716c6f3791.jpg

29799181903_69c230e692.jpg

30314362982_6be60133eb.jpg

After the show we went to the cabin. I still had the rest of my S'mores Parfait from dinner because I brought it back and put it in the fridge. Smart! It was too good to leave! W thought out loud that he wanted pizza and I was already halfway done ordering it from room service before he could finish the thought! I have zero willpower when it comes to late night smokin hot melty cheese on a crust that's as soft as baby lamb fur! Jesus be a fence of self control!

30438252881_f3303b2649.jpg

After our post dinner snack and dessert, we read out on the balcony for awhile. It’s very nice to sit out and listen to the waves while reading a good book next to your honey.

Everything that I do induces extreme sleepiness so we turned in for the night. Before falling asleep, I thanked God for Country Western Gospel Music.