Willdra’s Majestic Carnival Magic October 15-22 Cruise

willdra

Loved your first review, and now loving this one even more! Your writing style is so perfect.

We boarded the Magic on October 22nd, so we were getting on when you were getting off. We did the western route. Magic is now one of our favorite ships. Never seemed crowded to us.

I do hope at some point you get to meet Mork and Mindy. I would be a shame if you didn't. Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out. Not a problem, cause your review is so entertaining.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Lots of work, but worth it for us to read about your adventures.

We'll be boarding the Magic in a couple of hours. :) We'll be in cabin 2250, so your pictures of our neighboring cabin were appreciated as well as the positive reviews of the MDR food. Too bad Dr E is leaving the Magic today, but I'm sure that won't affect our enjoyment of the ship and the cruise.

Loved your first review, and now loving this one even more! Your writing style is so perfect.

We boarded the Magic on October 22nd, so we were getting on when you were getting off. We did the western route. Magic is now one of our favorite ships. Never seemed crowded to us.

I do hope at some point you get to meet Mork and Mindy. I would be a shame if you didn't. Guess I'll have to keep reading to find out. Not a problem, cause your review is so entertaining.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Lots of work, but worth it for us to read about your adventures.

Thank you so very much! I would sail The Magic again in a heartbeat! [emoji175][emoji175] We have had so much fun on her!! ️[emoji322][emoji568][emoji568][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'll be boarding the Magic in a couple of hours. :) We'll be in cabin 2250, so your pictures of our neighboring cabin were appreciated as well as the positive reviews of the MDR food. Too bad Dr E is leaving the Magic today, but I'm sure that won't affect our enjoyment of the ship and the cruise.

There's so much to see and do on The Magic! [emoji2][emoji322]️[emoji322][emoji2] You will also LOVE ❤️❤️the location of the cabin! It was very convenient to everything. [emoji12]

I'm loving your review!! I have been reading every Magic review I can find. We will be boarding her in 8 days for the Thanksgiving cruise. We are super excited!!

Thanksgiving [emoji260][emoji262][emoji884]on The Magic will be amazing!! [emoji7] Please come back and let me know what delicious food they served in the Main Dining Room! [emoji39]

Oh, this is SUCH FUN! I'm so glad I found it! I am researching cruises for 2018 (probably have to take 2017 off :( ) and Magic is right on top of my list. I was going to go with tried and true Pride out of Baltimore which is a short car ride for us, but Magic keeps calling me back in! You are not making it any easier! :rolleyes: Thinking of doing a B2B in January, 2018. Now I'm going to give you time to work on this review and I am going to go back and read your OTHER one. Don't mean to highjack, but Jamman if you read this, I am thrilled to see your Splendor plans! Patti sure is enjoying her retirement! :):)

Day 5-San Juan

I actually got up around 8 and went to the gym. I wish I could take all of the credit for that but I can't! There was some loud clanging and banging outside of our balcony door. It sounded like someone was moving and stacking heavy metal boxcars or something. I really did try to go back to sleep but it was futile. Sleep was long gone, so I may as well be productive right? I took my time getting ready because really we were in no hurry today. There was almost no one in the gym and it was a good time to go. I cut my run down to about 6.5 miles though. Because Blue Iguana! Yes those arepas were still calling my name, and I have not gone yet!

After my run I immediately walked down to 10 and got food and coffee. The arepas were so warm, I could feel them through the tin plate!

30133167450_f396aace79.jpg

I rushed down to 2252 to enjoy them on the balcony with W, and guess what? Yes the cabin was getting serviced. Ugh!! I couldn't waste time trying to find W, so I hit the stairs to Deck 3, found a seat in the Lobby, and sent him a text to let him know where I was. This is another thing that I love about the Magic. There are lots of cool places to sit and hang out. W was up on 10 eating, so we had just missed each other. He met me downstairs and we chilled for a few to give the stewards time to finish. I began to smell myself and dust clouds were forming around me like Pigpen from Charlie Brown, so I started making my way back to the cabin. It was all clear when I got there, so I jumped in for a quick shower. After I was so fresh and so clean clean, we made our way down to the gangway.

Since we did so much at Disney World pre-cruise, we decided that we would really just relax and take our time doing the ports on our own for this cruise. Today I needed to hit up Starbucks to use my free birthday reward and to use their free wifi. We mapped it out using Waze since we have cell service in Puerto Rico. We stopped along the way to take pictures and admire the scenery in Old San Juan.

30430014225_38683c3020.jpg

30132990450_01d9523633.jpg

30909731796_5f798c1818.jpg

This is definitely one of our favorite ports because there so much to see and do within walking distance. Once we found the Starbucks, I got my frappuccino and settled in for some download and update time. My plan was to download the pictures that I had taken so far on my phone to Flickr, which would free up space for more. I still had tons of space on my iPhone but I wanted to be on the safe side. I plug in and open Flickr. It's going slow, so I start multitasking. I go back to it and its still churning. So I look around and the whole place is packed with people who had the same idea that we had. Really??? Aren't y'all supposed to be on a beach somewhere or shopping??? So after trying my iPad and iPhone several times, I came up short and gave up. W was able to get his Kindle to upload some books and games tho. Hmmm the system must've been rigged!

29799172144_677fce5560.jpg

30393853016_5cd91c0d37.jpg

Day 5~Part 3

After a few minutes of picture taking and sightseeing, we see some rain clouds surrounding the ship.

30829167522_f1a65d719c.jpg

My spidey sense was tingling, so I told W that we should get back to the ship cuz I don't like the way that looks! Very soon afterwards, the wind picks up. A lot! Uh oh! Now if you were wanting a sign that it's gonna storm, this is it! Time to throw down the knick knacks, paddy whacks, trinkets, baubles, and seek shelter! We were full out sprinting now!! No lady, we don't want to look at your bracelets and magnets, it's about to hurricane out here!! We got our ID's out and ready to go. As usual not everyone was ready so it took a few minutes to get through the gate. What part of have your ship's card and ID's in hand is so hard????? We do it at EVERY port people! It's not new and yes it applies to everyone! Whew ok, deep breaths. You’re almost there!

We finally get through the gate and there are 3 choices to board. We picked the one closest which was not the shortest line. They get a few wheelchairs on and as soon as we get our feet on the ship, all H E double hockey sticks breaks loose! The bottom literally falls out of the sky!!! When I tell y'all we just did make it by the hairs on our chinny chin chins! It was a close call!

Once we get back to the cabin we went out on the balcony and it is raining cats, dogs, and baby ducks!! They have closed the gangways and people are just standing there getting drenched! I could hear folks cussing and it was not pretty! After a few minutes they started letting people get on again and it was mad chaos! I really felt bad for everyone out there.

30227388120_1d2646e0d6.jpg

30489119586_aca652af17.jpg

30227388340_7097fe98ef.jpg

30489120506_9a76129a75.jpg

Our Balcony stayed nice and dry!

30409229132_bd3831abe9.jpg

Day 5~Part 4

W decided he was hungry (news flash), so we went up to 10. Guy's pretty much had no line, therefore we got burgers and sat on 11 to continue people watching and taking pictures on deck.

30489962176_c2f17750b1.jpg

30404677492_f95c5e59a2.jpg

29890218444_42c5f1c639.jpg

29893660463_39a748051d.jpg

29888182823_47a4dc38ab.jpg

29895971294_72321d4f0f.jpg

Day 5~Part 5

Now that we were feeling full and fabulous, there was nothing else to do but take a nap right??? Yesssssss!!!! Remember I woke up early and ran so I earned this!

I heard W moving around the cabin at about 5:30, so I slowly started getting up. We went out on the balcony and watched the sunset, which is one of our favorite things to do on a cruise.

30404679502_c8e2b7f22a.jpg

29888187933_978375970a.jpg

30404684442_c2a0184f23.jpg

As usual, time flew by, and soon it was time to prepare for dinner. I started early tonight so that I didn't have to end up making W late because I was digging in that shoe pile for God knows what again. Tonight was elegant evening, and we were ready for it! I not only made it on time, but I was a few minutes ahead of schedule and we used the time to snap a few pictures before going up.

30857634721_e1bdfaf4df.jpg

30909737566_2b0b085d07.jpg

30644144560_ac8546a929.jpg

Day 5~Part 6

When we got there, the dining room was kinda empty again. There were lots of empty tables. Where was everyone?? Maybe the rain wore them all out, and they needed a nap. I can relate.

We ordered Shrimp Cocktail, Crab Cakes, Filet Mignon, and the Grilled Jumbo Shrimp.

Crab Cakes

30222895200_de9fb441db.jpg

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp

30404691022_96d78a06cf.jpg

Filet Mignon

30222901470_7f0d78e334.jpg

Service tonight was lightening fast! This was good because we wanted to catch the Guess that 70's/80's song with Rev. Dr. E. at 9:30.

Arman taking a break to take a picture with me:

30644140820_f5df498589.jpg

29888195303_39d3145204.jpg

For dessert I got the Butter Pecan Ice Cream, and W got Warm Chocolate Melting Cake and the Grand Marnier Souffle. He likes to mix them together. Okey Dokey!

Grand Marnier Souffle

29888197543_697c42fa7c.jpg

Mork and Mindy deprived us of their company again tonight, and I’m really beginning to get worried about them. Were they kidnapped and help against their will? Did they make it back on the ship after the torrential rainstorm? Did they think there was a fee to eat in the Main Dining Room? Were they worried that they would have to cook their own food and serve themselves? There has to be a good reason that they were missing out on all of this deliciousness and the pleasure of our company. Right?

Day 5~Part 7

We walked out into the main lobby and the party had just started. Again if you have never attended any of Rev. Dr. E's events you need to see your life and get it together! He will have you in tears and your side hurting from laughing so hard! He puts on wigs and props and really just makes it a lot of fun!

30404714532_acf02339fd.jpg

29888207143_f552b4fe3f.jpg

30401671022_844a33df67.jpg

I love watching the crowd too. Like this one guy who was getting his whole entire life every time Rev. Dr. E. played a song. He was In. To. It!

Go on boy, I ain't mad at you!! Have fun with it and do you!!

29886272863_6e25952960.jpg

Now this party was almost exactly the same as last time, but it's really still funny! 😁 It was over all too soon, so we raced back to the cabin to get changed so we could step out again, but in comfort. Because heels hurt from dancing. I may or may not have jumped up and down when I heard my favorite songs too.

There was a nice surprise waiting for us when we got back. Our cabin steward totally made me smile with this birthday card and note on the mirror. We also got our invitations for the Diamond/Platinum Party.

22768645468_ae6b5d4542.jpg

30219856080_b914c647d5.jpg

Day 5~Part 8

Our next stop was Alchemy Bar for a 40 is the new 20. It's so hard to believe this is my first one of this cruise! I'm slipping!

30480857696_acb32ac3b3.jpg

29884894273_e8b52b5fcf.jpg

29886833224_10db3d5a90.jpg

29886830784_c3c6ee18c1.jpg

We wanted to be early for the 11:30 comedy show so we made our way down to the piano bar to scope it out. Right at 11 they were already letting people in so we found decent seats. You have to be there around 30 minutes early if you want a seat! I was smh at people walking in surprised at 11:20 when there were no more seats. The comedian tonight was Mike Pace. He was good, he works with the audience a lot, so be warned if you sit close to the front. After the show W and I went up to the Lido for our late night ice cream and my tea.

Oreos Matter!

30218989270_327925c722.jpg

Before I fell asleep, I said a quick prayer thanking God for chocolate cuz I'm in love with the cocoa!

Oh, this is SUCH FUN! I'm so glad I found it! I am researching cruises for 2018 (probably have to take 2017 off :( ) and Magic is right on top of my list. I was going to go with tried and true Pride out of Baltimore which is a short car ride for us, but Magic keeps calling me back in! You are not making it any easier! :rolleyes: Thinking of doing a B2B in January, 2018. Now I'm going to give you time to work on this review and I am going to go back and read your OTHER one. Don't mean to highjack, but Jamman if you read this, I am thrilled to see your Splendor plans! Patti sure is enjoying her retirement! :):)

Thank you, I'm glad that I'm swaying you towards the Magic! You will not be disappointed! :D

I agree Dr. E is one of the best CD on any ship. One of the funniest people I have met. Real good show. I also remember that kid on the dance floor during Dr.E's show. He was really into it wish I was drinking what he was LOL. Thanks for the great review I'm in it with you all the way. Did you guys try the Red Frog? It has one of the best staffs on the ship.

Willdra, you should be headlining at the Punchliner!! Patti and I can't stop laughing. W is one lucky man. Can't wait for the rest. :D

Crusin Karen: There's plenty of room on the Magic for you and Jim next October!! Right Willdra? :D

Edited by Jamman54
  • Like 1

WOW...I started reading your review and we will be in the exact SAME CABIN in December!

Please tell me about the room. Was it noisy, any problems? Was the location good? Was there much movement? Anything else noteworthy?

Thank you for the review!

Edited by Richjoxyz