Parking at Port of Miami

DaisyUK

We are planning on driving to Miami and leaving the car at Port of Miami. Does anyone know whether the parking is close to the embarkation point? I don't really want to be walking long distances with heavy cases. Or would it be more convenient to get a driver to drop us off at the ship?

May I correctly assume this is a rental car that you would be parking. If so, it would be FAR more convenient for you to have two separate car rentals on either end of your trip. Book with an agency that has a downtown Miami location and you can just drop off the car and head to the ship. IIRC, Hertz, Avis and Budget all have downtown locations and have shuttle service to the port. Then, on your return, just head to the downtown location, pick up your new car and off you go.

May I correctly assume this is a rental car that you would be parking. If so, it would be FAR more convenient for you to have two separate car rentals on either end of your trip. Book with an agency that has a downtown Miami location and you can just drop off the car and head to the ship. IIRC, Hertz, Avis and Budget all have downtown locations and have shuttle service to the port. Then, on your return, just head to the downtown location, pick up your new car and off you go.

Excellent recommendation.

DaisyUK, there is plenty of parking on site at the port. It is very safe and we always recommend parking there. There is parking right near each terminal.

We'll know more when we get the final documents as to which terminal we'll be using.

Keith

I obviously posted in the wrong place. Apologies!

Thanks Keith. I had looked at the PoM's website but couldn't find a map showing the distance between the parking and the ship. Also, there doesn't appear to be any way of booking ahead of time, even though I did see a reference to that somewhere. I guess we'll figure it out and at least I am reassured that the parking is plentiful.

Here is a map of the port:

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/portmiami-map.pdf

The cruise terminals are the orange buildings. "CT B" is cruise terminal B, etc.

Parking is in blue, and you can see that if there is not parking directly across it is directly adjacent. Worst case you might be walking ~300 meters... not including the 300 meters you'll walk back and forth inside the building and up the jet bridge. :rolleyes:

Miami is about as good as it gets for onsite parking. If parking is remote with a shuttle, it'll get you closer but with the associated delays of a shuttle. Miami has 3rd party parking that fits the bill, but most are poorly rated.

Note that even if you have to walk a bit, the bag porters are along a fairly good portion of the ship so you most likely can drop the bags well before you walk in the door.

For that matter, I suspect you could stop and drop the bags at the curb (perhaps along with your passengers) and then go park. There is a relatively short loop around the island, so worst case it would take a few minutes extra.