Luggage Valet - Royal Caribbean has it

ISABELLA

Royal Caribbean still offer this service - why not Celebrity, who owned by RC?

They increase the charge to $25, which I am more than happy to pay.

Listen Celebrity - please bring this nice piece of "modern luxury" back, so Celebrity cruisers will enjoy their vacations even more.

The link brings you to a place with the words "LUGGAGE VALET".

The service listed, i.e. from home to ship and from ship to home is NOT what Luggage VALET used to offer and still does on other lines.

The from home to ship service is called LUGGAGE FORWARD, which we haved used.

Luggage FORWARD picks up your luggage at your HOME and delivers it directly to your SHIP on the morning you are scheduled to sail. I do not know if they offer the service in reverse?

bosco

A google search for Celebrity Cruises Luggage Valet revealed this: https://www.luggageforward.com/celebrity-cruises-luggage-valet/

I suspect that we will see it return soon, through this vendor.

It is not the same as Luggage Valet. And it is expensive - 1 suitecase from Boston to FLL - $100.00. I was talking about the service that was provided in the past by Celebrity. My question was why RC has it and Celebrity - not.

I think I will write Captain's Club and see what they have to say..

I know quite well what the service WAS. And I was planning on using it on my next cruise (next week!).

Luggage Forward works in both directions. They will ship your luggage to the ship from your home. They will ship your luggage from the ship to your home.

I don't think it is a substitute at all.

But I worry that it will be.

It is not the same as Luggage Valet. And it is expensive - 1 suitecase from Boston to FLL - $100.00. I was talking about the service that was provided in the past by Celebrity. My question was why RC has it and Celebrity - not.

I think I will write Captain's Club and see what they have to say..

I would never have a reason to use that service (we only travel with carry on size suitcase and I'm too cheap to pay that price anyway), but I think many would gladly pay $100 for that service.

I would never have a reason to use that service (we only travel with carry on size suitcase and I'm too cheap to pay that price anyway), but I think many would gladly pay $100 for that service.

I would not pay $100 per bag, but certainly would pay $25 and always used Luggage Valet. I hate that they got rid of it. I've called captains club and written to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com. I suggest that more people continue to do both. The more they hear from saddened, unhappy passengers the more likely they would be to reconsider.

I would not pay $100 per bag, but certainly would pay $25 and always used Luggage Valet. I hate that they got rid of it. I've called captains club and written to celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com. I suggest that more people continue to do both. The more they hear from saddened, unhappy passengers the more likely they would be to reconsider.

I was very unhappy, when I've learned that service was discontinued.

I have written X twice, I will write again, now I know that RC still offer the service. Discontinuing the service was not very smart business decision in MHO. It is not like these two companies have different shareholders...

Just off Celebrity Infinity and was not happy that Infinity did not offer Luggage Valet this trip :(

I'm afraid I know the answer, but I'll hopefully ask anyway. Was there any alternative to the cattle herd of passengers into the terminal corralling luggage or was it the old get off the ship, we're done with you routine of yore?:(:mad:

I'm afraid I know the answer, but I'll hopefully ask anyway. Was there any alternative to the cattle herd of passengers into the terminal corralling luggage or was it the old get off the ship, we're done with you routine of yore?:(:mad:

Carry your own is absolutely the easiest and fastest way to go. I am a clothes horse and will carry fewer garments just to get off the ship and out the door faster.

Carry your own is absolutely the easiest and fastest way to go. I am a clothes horse and will carry fewer garments just to get off the ship and out the door faster.

The problem with that is we purposely scheduled our flight for late enough to take advantage of the non-existent LV:mad:

With 4-5000 passengers on a RCCL sailing it is easier to get the needed amount of people to use the service to break even.

I have no idea how many is needed to do this, but they have to factor the cost of the truck, insurance, fuel, upkeep, in & out fees, and of course payroll.

A few dozen @ $25 each, would not generate enough $$ to cover said expenses. Where a few hundred could. Hence, RCCL still offers the service.

With 4-5000 passengers on a RCCL sailing it is easier to get the needed amount of people to use the service to break even.

I have no idea how many is needed to do this, but they have to factor the cost of the truck, insurance, fuel, upkeep, in & out fees, and of course payroll.

A few dozen @ $25 each, would not generate enough $$ to cover said expenses. Where a few hundred could. Hence, RCCL still offers the service.

Is this your theory or you know it for a fact? Maybe if X promote this service like they do all paid venues, more people will sign up.

Edited by ISABELLA

Is this your theory or you know it for a fact? Maybe if X promote this service like they do all paid venues, more people will sign up.

Strictly my theory from running a business for 35-40 years where volume determines profitability, which determines if we continue with an offered program or not. No profit, no program.

They increase the charge to $25, which I am more than happy to pay.

Listen Celebrity - please bring this nice piece of "modern luxury" back, so Celebrity cruisers will enjoy their vacations even more.

It's a great service.

After I emailed Celebrity a few days ago about its cancelation of the luggage valet program, a customer service representative called and spoke with me. The representative was very nice, very apologetic and believed it was a business decision to discontinue the service. The representative hoped that the company was looking for a replacement for EBags, which had been providing that service. I was told that customer feedback could impact the decision to resurrect what had been a popular program with many cruisers, since it made disembarkation and post cruise travel much easier and less stressful. I was also told that though Celebrity and other cruise lines monitor social media, direct contact by its customers is much more likely to impact business decisions than anonymous online postings. Telephone calls, letters and emails (like mine) are categorized and reports/findings are relayed up the corporate ladder. So if you’d like the post-cruise luggage valet service to return, contact Celebrity and tell them directly. The contact information is at the bottom of Celebrity’s home page under the header “Customer Support”. Click on “Contact Us” to locate the phone number, mailing address and email contact info. Better yet, here is the link to that page https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Thanks Wallie, that does make perfect sense. I used it a few times and was thrilled at its convenience, but like anything unless it generates revenue or people directly feedback in writing to Celebrity that they want it and the willingness to pay for it, I can't see it coming back soon.

Edited by johhnnyt

I was thinking about why Royal offers this and X discontinued it. I could be totally off base, but the service is primarily for Caribbean cruises and Royal sails the Caribbean year round on multiple ships. Up until now Celebrity has ships in the Carribean only part of the year. As Wallie5446 said it needs to at least cover the cost. Maybe a handful of ships for 5 months out if the year doesn't cover the cost much less make any money.