Carnival Liberty 11/19. We feel ripped off.

MrJimbo

So,

Liberty apparently is unsafe to sail on, has changed our itinerary by dropping Falmouth and Grand Cayman, .........wow 7 day cruise to Cozumel and Costa Maya? Really, give me my money back, plus expenses, and I promise we will never book a cruise with carnival again.

So,

Liberty apparently is unsafe to sail on, has changed our itinerary by dropping Falmouth and Grand Cayman, .........wow 7 day cruise to Cozumel and Costa Maya? Really, give me my money back, plus expenses, and I promise we will never book a cruise with carnival again.

Hey,

Have you talked to Carnival and tried to get a refund?

All The Best

Mike

So,

Good luck with that

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So,

We are sailing on the 19th too and are really mad at Carnival for ruining our Thanksgiving vacation. Especially after we heard Liberty had problems in October and the ship was still not fixed.

Are they offering any compensation for the missed ports? Also, how did you find out about this change?

After posting on the Carnival Facebook page they have no answered my question on this itinerary (on which we are booked). But, todays sailing was altered and the sailing on the 26th has been altered (two days in Cozumel as opposed to visiting Progresso and Cozumel).

Just logged in to my cruise manager and oh..look...the itinerary is GONE!!

What an f'n joke!!

The compensation is indeed a measly $50 onboard credit to make up for losing two ports and gaining one port that is on the same coast as Cozumel. But, the good news, is you CAN CANCEL FOR A FULL REFUND!

Edited by tweak89

From Falmouth you could go to Montego Bay. That's what I did & had a great day. Did they say why they're dropping Grand Cayman? Was it damaged during the hurricane? I haven't heard. Sorry you feel like your trip is ruined & hope things work out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So,

I am sorry your cruise vacation will not be what you were planning and understand your disappointment. However you should know that was part of the contract you signed. It is standard for most cruise lines. Ports are never guaranteed.

I doubt Carnival will allow you full refund so at this point you can either go and try to enjoy your cruise or decide you are unhappy and be miserable.

And just FYI, Miss Liberty has been in Galveston for the last nine days for repairs. The US Coast Guard signed off on her and she sailed out tonight. She wasn't unsafe just slow. Most likely Carnival changed the schedule prior to the repair since she was having difficulty reaching top speed. Once a change is made they usually return to the original schedule.

Please try to enjoy your cruise.

From Falmouth you could go to Montego Bay. That's what I did & had a great day. Did they say why they're dropping Grand Cayman? Was it damaged during the hurricane? I haven't heard. Sorry you feel like your trip is ruined & hope things work out for you!

They are dropping Falmouth as well. Going to Cozumel and Costa Maya. We are now paying a premium to travel during Thanksgiving and are stuck with an unsafe ship and unexciting ports.

Finally posted on the Carnival website:

Carnival Liberty November 19 Cruise:* The November 19 seven-day cruise will include stops in Cozumel and Costa Maya (the calls in Falmouth, Jamaica and Grand Cayman have been cancelled).* The ship’s departure time will be 10:00pm for this cruise.* Guests sailing on this voyage will receive a $50 per person credit to their shipboard accounts and a 25 percent discount on a future Carnival cruise. Guests also have the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund.

Carnival Liberty November 19 Cruise:* Guests sailing on this voyage will receive a $50 per person credit to their shipboard accounts and a 25 percent discount on a future Carnival cruise. Guests also have the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund.

At least, options are given to passengers. Though this development is really a disappointment after months of planning and waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Interesting what happens to people booked on Valor?

Here is the link:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4218/kw/liberty

And to answer your question:

For guests on Carnival Liberty being transferred to Carnival Valor and vice versa, the cruise line will automatically transfer the reservations.

I will be on Valor next Thursday, interested to see what the crew has to say. I bet this was sprung on them as suddenly as it was on all of us!

Interesting what happens to people booked on Valor?

Funny you should ask. I booked a cruise on the Carnival Valor for February and just received this email:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

CARNIVAL VALOR

CHANGE OF SISTER SHIPS

12/18/2016 - 04/30/2018

November 11, 2016

Dear Carnival Valor Guest,

We know you must be looking forward to your vacation, so we'd like to inform you of an important change to your cruise.

Carnival Valor will be changing her homeport to Galveston, Texas next month. This change is being made since Carnival Valor is better suited to operate at the higher speeds required for the four and five-day Mexico itineraries from Galveston.

Not to worry, Carnival Liberty will be sailing year round from Port Canaveral beginning December 15, 2016 and will take over scheduled itineraries given that she is well equipped to handle our short duration cruises from Central Florida. Prior to repositioning to Port Canaveral, Carnival Liberty will have just completed a dry dock and will be refreshed for our guests.

Built only one year apart, Carnival Liberty is a sister ship to Carnival Valor and has similar accommodations, public venues and Fun Ship 2.0 features including Guy's Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, the RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar.

As a result of this repositioning, your reservation will be moved to a comparable stateroom aboard the beautiful Carnival Liberty. Your departure date and scheduled itinerary will remain the same.

Sit back and relax...we'll be doing all the work. Affected sailings are now temporarily closed in the system as our team prepares to make the necessary changes. This means that you, nor our contact center, will be able to make modifications to your reservation until it has been moved over to Carnival Liberty.

We will do everything possible to match your current accommodations. Fly2Fun flights, transfers and other vacation components such as dining, pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions, Fun Shop items and Spa reservations will be maintained on your booking.

We anticipate our work will be completed by the end of November. A confirmation with your stateroom assignment will be sent to you as soon as we have finished.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

We're looking forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Carnival Liberty for a FUN and memorable cruise!

Sincerely,

Denese Waiters

Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers

Edited by OhJinkies

Liberty simply has ongoing problems maintains the high speeds needed to travel from Galveston down to Jamaica. Moving her to PCC eliminates that need since she will make Bahamas runs. It is very sad to lose our ports that we booked for. Those ports usually run at a higher price and to get only $50.00 for missing not only one but 2 ports is pretty disappointing since 4 and 5 day cruises got that same for missing only 1 port. I'm glad we still have a cruise to enjoy and sea days are fine. Means more money for carnival since we will be on the ship extra time. Maybe that could be to their benefit. I'm sure I'll spend more than $50.00 on the extra sea days and carnival knows it. If it wasn't so close to sailing I would make other plans but it's simply just too late. Hotel paid with no refunds. Parking paid n fees if cancelled. $50.00 is not much of a compensation.

You have 24 hours after notification to get a full refund, since this is clearly within Carnival's control.

ITINERARY CHANGE PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:

If Carnival has adequate notice prior to sailing that a vessel will deviate from the published itinerary it will promptly – upon making the itinerary change -- notify guests of the change through their travel agents or directly, in the case of a direct guest booking.

If the itinerary change is for reasons within Carnival’s exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel their booking without penalty prior to sailing and within 24 hours of the guest notification, and in such an instance, guests will have the option to receive either a cash refund or a future cruise credit. In the event a guest does not cancel the cruise on a timely basis, no refund of any kind will be available.

Due to the nature of a cruise vacation, itinerary changes sometimes become necessary for safety, weather or other reasons beyond the control of Carnival. If the itinerary change is for reasons beyond Carnival’s exclusive control, including but not limited to safety, security, weather, strikes, tides, hostilities, civil unrest, port closings, emergency debarkations of guests or crew, late air, sea, car or motor coach departures or arrivals, mechanical breakdowns or problems not known to Carnival, itinerary changes consistent with U.S. State Department travel warnings / advisories or other applicable US or foreign governmental advisories, guests will not be provided any compensation. Guests electing to cancel will be subject to the standard cancellation terms. ************

For those leaving from PC, if this is truly a disappointment to your family and will ruin your cruise (although Liberty is a better ship :) ) then take the full refund offer and maybe just book for another time. Personally we would take the trip on Liberty.

For those losing the ports, again, get the full refund if it is going to ruin your cruise. Ship happens and there is nothing worse then being on vacation with people that are miserable about being there. Luckily you are dealing with a change of ports and ship at the most and not having to cancel because of a family emergency, it can always be worse. ;)

Carnival Liberty November 19 Cruise:* The November 19 seven-day cruise will include stops in Cozumel and Costa Maya (the calls in Falmouth, Jamaica and Grand Cayman have been cancelled).* The ship’s departure time will be 10:00pm for this cruise.* Guests sailing on this voyage will receive a $50 per person credit to their shipboard accounts and a 25 percent discount on a future Carnival cruise. Guests also have the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund.

Oops! I did not see this post.

Apologies?

We are sailing on the 19th too and are really mad at Carnival for ruining our Thanksgiving vacation. Especially after we heard Liberty had problems in October and the ship was still not fixed.

Are they offering any compensation for the missed ports? Also, how did you find out about this change?

How is your vacation ruined? Are you still not going on a 7 night cruise?? :rolleyes:

After posting on the Carnival Facebook page they have no answered my question on this itinerary (on which we are booked). But, todays sailing was altered and the sailing on the 26th has been altered (two days in Cozumel as opposed to visiting Progresso and Cozumel).

Just logged in to my cruise manager and oh..look...the itinerary is GONE!!

What an f'n joke!!

The compensation is indeed a measly $50 onboard credit to make up for losing two ports and gaining one port that is on the same coast as Cozumel. But, the good news, is you CAN CANCEL FOR A FULL REFUND!

Which is more than they have to give.

Liberty simply has ongoing problems maintains the high speeds needed to travel from Galveston down to Jamaica. Moving her to PCC eliminates that need since she will make Bahamas runs. It is very sad to lose our ports that we booked for. Those ports usually run at a higher price and to get only $50.00 for missing not only one but 2 ports is pretty disappointing since 4 and 5 day cruises got that same for missing only 1 port. I'm glad we still have a cruise to enjoy and sea days are fine. Means more money for carnival since we will be on the ship extra time. Maybe that could be to their benefit. I'm sure I'll spend more than $50.00 on the extra sea days and carnival knows it. If it wasn't so close to sailing I would make other plans but it's simply just too late. Hotel paid with no refunds. Parking paid n fees if cancelled. $50.00 is not much of a compensation.

Plus 25% off a future cruise according to a previous post.