Why Amadeus Is the River Cruise Line for You

LauraS

• 6 months later...
No more open seating?

The new seating policy seems kind of elitists. You will be seated with those in your own category. So suite passengers will not be seated with those in aquarium class.

That would be difficult if you got stuck with people who aren't enjoying their trip...and insisting on letting everyone know. I think one of my big drawbacks would be the lack of water...I go through water like anything, so if we had to pay for it......

The water wouldn't be a problem for me since it's free at lunch and dinner and I would just buy it on excursions. However, being seated with the same people might be a problem. I have bad memories of that in traditional dining rooms on Ocean going ships. It's the luck of the draw. We had fun times but also the opposite where we asked to be reassigned.

That would be difficult if you got stuck with people who aren't enjoying their trip...and insisting on letting everyone know. I think one of my big drawbacks would be the lack of water...I go through water like anything, so if we had to pay for it......

The seating policy would be a deal breaker for me. We really enjoyed having dinner with different groups of people and I wouldn't want to have to eat with the same group each night, especially if we didn't 'click'.

The seating policy would be a deal breaker for me. We really enjoyed having dinner with different groups of people and I wouldn't want to have to eat with the same group each night, especially if we didn't 'click'.

Amen. Me too.

I'm actually surprised they are even trying this policy. But I don't go on that cruise so I personally don't care.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=2642

Thank you, Laura, for the article.

Amadeus has indeed become more international. I found a nice video (quite long) made by a local television project published by an institution in the state of Hesse. Made in May 2014, the gentleman travelled on the Amadeus Elegant from Amsterdam to Basel with a short sail into the Moselle up to Cochem. I post it here as it also shows footage of the ship, both the outside and inside. I think it gives a good overview of what Amadeus is like. First comes an overview of the cruise, at 2.55 on the bar the actual cruise starts. Some of the commentary in the background by the cruise director (I guess it is him) you will here is actually in English, for example on Düsseldorf starting at 6.52. Highlight of the video (it is the first half of the cruise up to Koblenz and into the Moselle) is at 17.44 with the sunset and the fireworks display of the event "Rhine in Flames" between Andernach and Bonn. http://www.mediathek-hessen.de/medienview_15766_Ferdinand-Kl%C3%B6s-Eine-Flusskreuzfahrt-mit-der-MS-Amadeus-Elegant-auf-Rhein-und-Mosel-Teil-1.html

This is part 2: http://www.mediathek-hessen.de/medienview_15805_Ferdinand-Kl%C3%B6s-MOK-Rhein-Main-Eine-Flusskreuzfahrt-mit-der-MS-Amadeus-Elegant-auf-Rhein-und-Mosel-Teil-2.html

Enjoy.

notamermaid

• 1 month later...

We are booked in September on Amadeus Silver II and I was loving everything you said till the part about water and fixed seating. We like wine with dinner so the alcohol is not an issue. Also there are 4 of us, so we will have fun even if the others are bores but I am going to assume that they will be adventurous like us. We'll just have to hydrate well at meals to reduce water cost.