Future cruise - Help me decide

gordylad

Depends what your interests are, I haven't done the Russian one because it doesn't appeal to me but

I know many who just love that cruise.

I have cruised Alaska twice and love it especially combined with time in BC, a must do.

The Panama Canal itself held no interest to me personally but Costa Rica was just awesome and I would love to revisit there. Wildlife is just amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we have done panama canal and Alaska. a Baltic cruise was on our list for 2018 but family wants to do greek islands...darn it..my life is soooo terrible :D

Here are my thoughts

1) Nordics/Baltic cruise

2) Alaska

3) Panama Canal

i would look at the Nordic/Baltic first especially if exchange rates are favorable to your currency.

Alaska was beautiful and plan to return after we cross of some bucket list countries. I also suggest a cruise/land vacation combination.

Lastly panama canal. We were there in 2014 for the 100th anniversary of the panama canal. I was really excited to transit across the lochs which was unbelievable but is not my all time favorite vacation. It was good, not great.

Good luck deciding.

with schedules about to be released there are three areas which interest us and have never experienced.not in any particular order

panama canal

alaska

nordics which includes russia

thanks

Those are all great cruises.

We have done the first two as well as a river cruise of Russia that included the Baltic countries.

The Baltic cruise would be at the top of my list, had I not done any of these. St. Petersburg is fantastic.

Alaska is special for the scenery, natural beauty and wildlife. While the Panama Canal is still a wonder of engineering. We did the canal on a Repo from Florida to Chile and enjoyed the S. American ports. The Mexican ports would not be at the top of my list to visit. Still, the canal is special. If you do it, be sure to read The Path Between the Seas by David McCullough.

The Baltic cruise would be your most expensive for airfare. Plan on doing all three, just pick the one that grabs you the most.