Iced Tea?

Mobe

We are cruising in May on the Breeze. I haven't been on a cruise in over 10 years and I can't remember what the drink situation is as far as iced tea. My husband drinks tea like crazy. Is there a charge for it like soda? Is it readily available on the boat? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Unsweetened iced tea available and free at the buffet. You can also get it in the main dining room. It's not very good (in my opinion) but mixes well with the also free lemonade. If you really care about quality, there are (I believe Lipton) tea bags and hot water available to brew your own. Hope that helps.

We are cruising in May on the Breeze. I haven't been on a cruise in over 10 years and I can't remember what the drink situation is as far as iced tea. My husband drinks tea like crazy. Is there a charge for it like soda? Is it readily available on the boat? Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's available.

The tea is horrible...we use the Lipton bags and brew our own lol...we just got off the Elation today and yep we brewed our own tea! :D

I agree about the tea being horrible. Great idea to brew your own tea. I will have to do that when we cruise next March.

Your husband can have his tea free of charge.

Tea...iced or hot, is totally included...there is no charge for any tea. He can drink all day, every day!

Wrong. They still have the free nasty tea on Lido but they started charging for the specialty teas. I don't remember the cost but it seems like a dollar or so per tea bag.

If he drinks a lot, I suggest you take along a large travel mug; the cups in the lido are small (8-12oz) an don't hold much once you put some ice in. And if he ends up brewing his own (the one from the machine tastes like bottled tea - yuck) he has a lot more room to work with.

Just got off the Breeze Sunday. I took Cold Brew Tea bags (and bubba cups), which work well. I am very picky about tea, and the tea in the buffet (lido) wasn't as bad as I had remembered. Tea in the dinning room is good, though. At tea time on sea day, I asked for Iced tea. I like plain, unsweetened, fresh tea! Lipton Cold Brew tea bags-is good, and spoiled me from the brewing, right now, feeling pretty lazy after a GREAT (too short) cruise, last week!

I'm not a fan of any form of instant tea.

Most people aren't which is why I don't consider myself a "tea snob". :D

I grew up on Nestea Instant and still drink it daily. I don't like Lipton Instant but I do like Lipton bagged tea for brewing as long as it isn't brewed or stored in a plastic dispenser. It pick up the taste of stale plastic if made that way.

My preferred hot tea is that which is brewed as loose leaf tea.

But I still don't consider myself a "snob", just picky. Others can drink whatever they like, and I'll stick with what I like. :)