Newbie cruisers

Olderandwisertoo

Hi well we've done it, just booked our first ever cruise on Celebrity Reflection for May 8th, Western Med. so excited but very nervous. It's going to be a special holiday treat for us for our Golden Wedding anniversary, really do have absolutely no idea where to start to organise things. Think I better go and look around all the hints and tips first, what will We need to pack etc, you seem like a friendly bunch on here so I'll just say hello and go and read all about it.

How exciting, and what a lovely idea for your special anniversary.

Whatever you need to know, just ask... there's usually someone with an answer.

Is your EHIC card up to date, because that's something you can be organising on line... whilst we're still in the EU! ;)

You could start asking for cruise gifts for Christmas... new soap bag, small shampoos etc...

Enjoy planning. :)

There is no need to be nervous! This is simply a vacation! Albeit, at sea! Get a guidebook on your ports..that is very helpful and can save you a bundle in "excursion" fees! Consider the ship your "resort hotel" (but know that the cabins are MUCH smaller than a hotel room, unless you book a suite!)....then pack for the weather in the places you'll visit...and have fun!

Nothing to be nervous about. It's fun...enjoy!

Hi well we've done it, just booked our first ever cruise on Celebrity Reflection for May 8th, Western Med. so excited but very nervous. It's going to be a special holiday treat for us for our Golden Wedding anniversary, really do have absolutely no idea where to start to organise things. Think I better go and look around all the hints and tips first, what will We need to pack etc, you seem like a friendly bunch on here so I'll just say hello and go and read all about it.

Hello OANDW. Congrats on booking your first cruise. Planning is a lot of the fun. Hope you have a wonderful time for your anniversary. Happy cruising. :)

Welcome aboard!:)

Thank you everyone, really really excited, I've spent ages looking all around this forum, some great tips offered and I've been writing them down, so glad I found this place, so friendly and helpful.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please find your roll call and get to know your fellow cruisiers - roll calls; celebrity connections; celebrity reflection then look for your date. Someone on your roll call might have organized some excursions that you can join (or not -- up to you). Many of your fellow cruisers are experienced and can answer your questions - especially ship and port questions.

Also sign up for your Celebrity Connections party (the Cruise Critic meet and greet).

And - most importantly - have a great time. However cruising can be addictive! :eek::D

Welcome! Western Med was our first cruise too and we absolutely loved it.

You will find all sorts of helpful information by visiting the Ports of Call forum, including must-do excursions (whether private or ship) (Pst -- go private if possible), what to wear in certain ports (i.e. skirt or long pants and shoulders covered when visiting churches), and so many other useful info. Also, visit the Cruise Line forum and learn about your ship.

Good luck. Western Med requires a lot of research.