Do you think RCI will continue to build "Oasis class" ships?

JAMESCC

I wonder if you think maybe what I have been about the "Oasis class" and that is this template will never go away. They'll continue to build ships of this class and size every few years or so with some improvements and innovations. I think they really hit a home run with these ships in terms of size, excitement and of course revenue. What do you think?

I wonder if you think maybe what I have been about the "Oasis class" and that is this template will never go away. They'll continue to build ships of this class and size every few years or so with some improvements and innovations. I think they really hit a home run with these ships in terms of size, excitement and of course revenue. What do you think?

I would like to see some new Radiance class builds.

I think they will continue to build ships that hold at least 4000 guests.

Oasis 4 and Oasis 5 are already ordered and have delivery dates.

Quantum 4 and Quantum 5 are also ordered.

The class was just announced, details sketchy, but doesn't appear to be as big as Oasis class, and certainly not small like Radiance. Executives have answered the build Radiance class question recently on the President's cruise and said, no, target is the larger ships that have larger diversity of offering.

Edited by borg1of2

I actually feel bad for the people who like the smaller ships because I think as far as RCI goes those days are over. I'm a big ship guy, I am totally fascinated by the sheer enormity and technology of these ship but I feel bad for those that like the smaller ships. I would say soon enough the smallest ships RCI operate are the Voyager class ships.

Oasis 4 and Oasis 5 are already ordered and have delivery dates.

Quantum 4 and Quantum 5 are also ordered.

The class was just announced, details sketchy, but doesn't appear to be as big as Oasis class, and certainly not small like Radiance. Executives have answered the build Radiance class question recently on the President's cruise and said, no, target is the larger ships that have larger diversity of offering.

The new class - known as project Icon - reportedly will launch with two ships in 2022 and 2024 and will run on liquefied natural gas. They are expected to be of a size to hold about 5,000 passengers. So smaller than Oasis class but larger than Quantum class, at least in passenger capacity.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

So if the Radiance class goes...what would cruise Alaska?

Quantum Class... absolutely born to sail Alaska.

The real question here is, if Radiance Class disappears, does RCL disappear from Vancouver as well?

Now my preferred class for Alaska, Flowrider and watching a glacier, what ship can top that!!

Same answer, Quantum tops Voyager Class big time

Quantum Class... absolutely born to sail Alaska.

The real question here is, if Radiance Class disappears, does RCL disappear from Vancouver as well?

Same answer, Quantum tops Voyager Class big time

I would book a Quantum class ship in alaska in a heartbeat. but thats a lot of cabins to fill for an alaskan cruise!

That being said celebrity sails the Solstice out of Elliott bay and they seem to do just fine. Have some great pictures of both Solstice and Explorer in Seattle. My Fiance's dad has a yacht in seattle, in Elliott Bay Marina, in fact.

Edited by atnolan94

Well we can only hope that the Radiance Class will be replaced hopefully not for another 10 years and when they replace them I hope they build something like the Solstice class of ships of Celebrity, they are big but they have a small ship atmosphere.

Lets hope

Brian J

Well we can only hope that the Radiance Class will be replaced hopefully not for another 10 years and when they replace them I hope they build something like the Solstice class of ships of Celebrity, they are big but they have a small ship atmosphere.

Lets hope

Brian J

The closest ships RCI will build are for Celebrity. The Solstice contract had 2 more ships which were destined for RCI. They decided to cancel that contract and build a modified Solstice called Quantum for RCI.

Here is the EDGE ship that Celebrity will get:

Celebrity Cruises has announced that it has made an agreement to order two new class cruise ships that are known as project EDGE.

The agreement has been made with the French shipbuilder STX France and parent company Royal Caribbean Ltd. The two 2,900-guest, 117,000-gross-registered-ton ships, developed under the project name EDGE will build upon the modern luxury experience of the brand’s Millennium and Solstice class vessels.

This is false.

I was paraphrasing my recollection from an article I saw at the time. More correctly there was an option under the contract for more ships that RCCL did not take and let it lapse. I believe the article mentioned that the plan had been for RCI getting 2 of these. Sorry can no longer find the referenced article online!

I will 2nd the view on new Radiance Class, perhaps a little bit larger yet keep the areas of lots of glass for viewing the ocean.

Darling wife and I have cruised both Oasis and Allure, and this is the only thing I didn't like. While cruising, I love to see the water. The Italian restaurant, Chops steakhouse, and 150 Central Park are fine restaurants, but you don't have an ocean view while dining.