Do you think RCI will continue to build "Oasis class" ships?

JAMESCC

It would seem that in building so many Oasis / Quantum / Icon sized ships, that there will definitely be market saturation at some point.

In looking at the design and where they end up, Oasis seems geared towards warmer weather home ports with more open air type of areas and Quantum seems more geared towards colder home ports due to its more "closed in" nature.

Will be interesting to see where the first Icon calls home...

If they don't build a Radiance Class, at least I would like to see them build ships that offer views of the ocean like the Radiance Class gives us. I fully understand there wanting to build ships with all the bells & whistles, but there is more to cruising then rock walls and flow riders. I am sure if I were younger I would be out there with the rest of them.:)

[/b]

Darling wife and I have cruised both Oasis and Allure, and this is the only thing I didn't like. While cruising, I love to see the water. The Italian restaurant, Chops steakhouse, and 150 Central Park are fine restaurants, but you don't have an ocean view while dining.

Choices are good. Not everyone needs to or wants to see the water when dining.

The good thing about the Oasis class ships is that they offer more choices than any other ships - in terms of dining, entertainment, etc.

Destinations play a major role in terms of what ships sail where.

We have sailed on Radiance class, Navigator class, Freedom class, and Oasis class. All offer fine things and enjoyable cruising experiences.

Not the OP, but I would lean towards Oasis V being the last of the class simply because it is the last option they have exercised and it will be coming (13 years?) after the original Oasis.

Just because there are no options does not mean that they will not build anymore. Look at Oasis and Allure. When those were completed there were no options to build anymore yet years later they have built Harmony with 2 more on the way and built at a different shipyard.

I seriously doubt you'll see anything smaller than Quantum class any time soon. The economies of scale make the large ships so much more profitable for RCI. And there are plenty of ports now that can handle the large ships, with more and more upgrading every year.

It would seem that in building so many Oasis / Quantum / Icon sized ships, that there will definitely be market saturation at some point.

In looking at the design and where they end up, Oasis seems geared towards warmer weather home ports with more open air type of areas and Quantum seems more geared towards colder home ports due to its more "closed in" nature.

Will be interesting to see where the first Icon calls home...

Somewhere with an LNG fueling hub. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I will never set foot on an Oasis class ship. Yes, we are in the middle of the ocean but there is something calming to just sit and watch it go by. I cruise to relax, not climb rock walls, zipline, etc. It is great for families who want a floating theme park. My favorite class is Radiance. I like the smaller vessels. If they end up getting rid of them (which won't happen too soon since they added Empress) I will have to find another brand that offers what I want.

I have no plans at the moment to sail anything larger then Freedom Class, however, I won't dismiss ever sailing an Oasis Class but should a cruise appeal to me then we will probably have the ship be our vacation and not so much the ports since we have been to the Caribbean and due for one with friends in July and a b2b in April 2018. The Royal Promenades are lovely but for us we feel closed in without the views of the sea.

With so many ships large & small and cruisers, we each cruise a line & ship that makes our travels enjoyable.

I will never set foot on an Oasis class ship. Yes, we are in the middle of the ocean but there is something calming to just sit and watch it go by. I cruise to relax, not climb rock walls, zipline, etc. It is great for families who want a floating theme park. My favorite class is Radiance. I like the smaller vessels. If they end up getting rid of them (which won't happen too soon since they added Empress) I will have to find another brand that offers what I want.

Never say never! [emoji6]

We don't do any of the "theme park" activities, either, but we love Oasis and Quantum classes. Plenty of places to sit and relax. I do agree about not having enough glass on Oasis and Allure, but 270* on Anthem can't be beat! My favorite place to relax on any ship is on my balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can someone explain to me the difference of the ships classes? I'm new to RC and cruising first time nov 26 aboard the Harmony.

The best place to learn about the different class of ships is at the Royal Caribbean website itself.

Here is the direct link to that area, which includes information on all of them:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/home.do?cS=NAVBAR&pnav=1&snav=4

If they don't build a Radiance Class, at least I would like to see them build ships that offer views of the ocean like the Radiance Class gives us. I fully understand there wanting to build ships with all the bells & whistles, but there is more to cruising then rock walls and flow riders. I am sure if I were younger I would be out there with the rest of them.:)

One could argue that Quantum Class offers a good amount of ocean views.

That's what they all say, until you step foot on one! :p

Thanks, I have read the RC website, I was asking more so from a personal standpoint from those who have cruised on several different classes and how the experience was different.

This is our first, but we hope to go on many more. We are super excited about the Harmony but when we booked through Costco we didn't know she was RCs newest gal.

I should mention, we have yet to sail the Quantum Class so unable to offer a comment, but I would certainly want to experience a cruise on one. Our cruises have been mainly the Radiance Class, soon to sail on the LOS next July for the 2nd time and FOS in April 2018. We have not experienced a bad cruise yet. Perhaps 1 or two not as good as the others but we cruise for the itinerary and to meet new friends.