coffee pot/Junior suite?

medicmd

I was reviewing some you tube videos, and I noticed a coffee pot in a junior suite, amenity from Royal Caribbean. Can anyone tell me if they still offer this, what type of coffee it was, and if it was pods, K-cups, or packet? Can you use it for tea packets? Thank you, we leave Dec, 2016

I was reviewing some you tube videos, and I noticed a coffee pot in a junior suite, amenity from Royal Caribbean. Can anyone tell me if they still offer this, what type of coffee it was, and if it was pods, K-cups, or packet? Can you use it for tea packets? Thank you, we leave Dec, 2016

JS staterooms typically have a tea kettle and coffee maker. The coffee maker is not the "K" type. RC provides ill-fitting packets of coffee.

JS staterooms typically have a tea kettle and coffee maker. The coffee maker is not the "K" type. RC provides ill-fitting packets of coffee.

This was the same "disappointing" situation in our Allure OS two weeks ago.

On the Oasis two years ago we had a tea kettle and a French press coffee maker, which was great once I figured out how to use it.

I was not a fan of the recent coffee set up on the Allure and the coffee sucked.

thank you, kinda like a motel room style of coffee?

Depends on the hotel you are talking about.

If the reference is a nice single maker that has good fitting pods from, say, Starbucks, and has some good cream to go with it - not as good as that.

If the reference is the small packs that are very bland, powdered creamer, etc- it's better than that.

But it is similar.

Some of the makers we had were so used that they had enough buildup inside that they would not make a complete cup of coffee- so I've started to bring a camping style cone (which packs flat) so that I can use the hot water maker instead for a pour over.

On our first JS experience we learned in an unfortunate way about the 'ill-fitting packets' you refer to. Our cabin steward explained that there are two different size coffee pots. Sometimes the procurement department does not provide the right packets and sometimes they have both packet sizes on board. Of course if you use the packet for the larger one, will make a giant mess, in the smaller pot. He was accommodating and made sure we had the right packets for ours.

So the second time we had a JS, I knew to look at the pot and packets before using.

I purchased coffee in bags which looks like tea bags. Boiled water in the kettle and poured over the bags in a cup, steeped a few minutes and it was very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I purchased coffee in bags which looks like tea bags. Boiled water in the kettle and poured over the bags in a cup, steeped a few minutes and it was very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I do. Folger's has the coffee bags. When the ice in our ice bucket melts, I use that in the tea kettle for my coffee.

IMO, The issue is you need bottled water to fill the coffee maker, I wouldn't use water from the bathroom sink.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't see any need for bottled water. Cabin tap water is fine. Never had a problem with using it. It's also fine to drink, however, needs ice, as it is frequently not icy cold. Coffee throughout the ship is made with ship's water.