Are there new menus? Allure

Lisa&Neb

We were on Allure two weeks ago and CK had just started "new" menus. Not sure how new they really are, but more importantly they now have a different menu every night. There are certain "classics" that are on it every night and then 4-5 items change.

We were on Allure two weeks ago and CK had just started "new" menus. Not sure how new they really are, but more importantly they now have a different menu every night. There are certain "classics" that are on it every night and then 4-5 items change.

As far as I've been sailing that is the way it's always been done. Different menu's, but includes standard/classic dishes every night.

As far as I've been sailing that is the way it's always been done. Different menu's, but includes standard/classic dishes every night.

Hasn't been that way on Oasis or Allure in the past. March 2015, we were on the first Oasis sailing when CK went to the A&B menus, which switched at mid-week. Prior, the menu had been the same all week.

On our October 30th Allure sailing they just went to the different menu every night. The classics stayed the same, but the other items were different every night.

On the Oasis Oct 29 sailing and it was a complete new menu. We were told it was fleet wide.

Was that CK or MDR? We never went to the MDR so I can't speak to that only CK. I thought I heard somebody on our cruise state the classics in CK were the same as classics in MDR.

Freedom is having a new menu right now which according to many is not that appealing. I imagine the new menu is fleet wide:rolleyes:

Freedom still has the old menus that they have made a few changes to by going with cheaper entrees and appetizers. For example no prime rib or filet and limiting the days that they serve shrimp cocktail, escargot and the always available Manhattan steak.

Hasn't been that way on Oasis or Allure in the past. March 2015, we were on the first Oasis sailing when CK went to the A&B menus, which switched at mid-week. Prior, the menu had been the same all week.

I've been on 3 Oasis & Allure once, and it has always been as I described. Different menus each night and the classic dishes the same on all menus. My

1st Oasis cruise was in Feb. '11.

Well, I am confused! But that comes easily. Maybe we aren't talking about the same Coastal Kitchen?

Since Oasis didn't get CK until 10/2014 and Allure not until 05/2015. I don't think there was any menu in 2011, since CK didn't exist.

I am 100% sure they were using a single menu, at least on the Oasis, until we sailed in March 2015 when they went to an A&B menu. There are plenty of posting here on CC from people complaining about the same menu and wishing RCCL would change it up. I guess they listened.

I am equally as confident they just went to the seven different menus in COASTAL KITCHEN on our October 30, 2016 Allure cruise. We ate there the first night and Alana the CK hostess came over and made it a point to show us the xerox copies for the "new different every night" menu.

Well, I am confused! But that comes easily. Maybe we aren't talking about the same Coastal Kitchen?

Since Oasis didn't get CK until 10/2014 and Allure not until 05/2015. I don't think there was any menu in 2011, since CK didn't exist.

I am 100% sure they were using a single menu, at least on the Oasis, until we sailed in March 2015 when they went to an A&B menu. There are plenty of posting here on CC from people complaining about the same menu and wishing RCCL would change it up. I guess they listened.

I am equally as confident they just went to the seven different menus in COASTAL KITCHEN on our October 30, 2016 Allure cruise. We ate there the first night and Alana the CK hostess came over and made it a point to show us the xerox copies for the "new different every night" menu.

You are not confused. The problem is that some are talking about the menus in the MDR while others are talking about the coastal kitchen menus.