Alaska Land tour excursions already full?

Mrs.Gosse

Hi friends, I just got on yesterday to looks at excursions for our land portion of our Alaska land and sea in Sept 2017 and some of them are already sold out!!! Is this normal and they are just all done, or is it possible more will open before then? All the ones we wanted are already booked! That almost makes me want to cancel the land portion.

You people need to read Princess Cruise rules on their site. It states, Excursions will not be released until 180 days before your cruise. Why don't you read it before raising Hell with Princess. September is more than 180 days away by Okie math even.

You people need to read Princess Cruise rules on their site. It states, Excursions will not be released until 180 days before your cruise. Why don't you read it before raising Hell with Princess. September is more than 180 days away by Okie math even.

I booked my May 2017 excursions a couple of weeks ago which is more than 180 days out. It seems some are available early. I did notice that some would show sold out and then not be and then be. I would keep checking. If you have a TA, let them do the work but keep watching. I have literally seen it change within my lunch hour.

Mine are all booked now, and I still have more than 180 days to go.

I booked my May 2017 excursions a couple of weeks ago which is more than 180 days out. It seems some are available early. I did notice that some would show sold out and then not be and then be. I would keep checking. If you have a TA, let them do the work but keep watching. I have literally seen it change within my lunch hour.

Mine are all booked now, and I still have more than 180 days to go.

Ditto for me also. Even when a tour became open to book, a certain time slot would be 'sold out' or 'unavailabe' and would later open up. Keep checking. I think I purchased mine over 200 days out. It makes me wonder, now that the excursions have to be paid for in advance, if they are allowing bookings earlier.

> Checked my notes from our September 2016 Denali Explorer Alaska Cruise Tour and found I had reserved the Tundra Wilderness Tour on February 28th, 2016.

> I had to call Princess to reserve the Tour as the website wouldn't allow me to even place our names on a waiting list. The Princess website had shown the tour as sold out but the rep showed that seats were available which we booked and paid for. The Rep said that the land tours in Alaska are handled differently than the excursions from the Ship and that it is best to call Princess when ready to reserve.

> We booked the cruise tour directly with Princess with the land portion first and the cruise last, flying to Fairbanks and staying 2 nights each at the Princess' Fairbanks, Denali, and McKinley Lodges before sailing from Whittier, Alaska.

PS: The Tundra Wilderness Tour was awesome! Easily the best part of the trip.

I have booked our tours for September 2017 weeks ago. That sails 296 days from today.

We booked our Alaska tour last minute (6 weeks out) so they were sold out. We just booked the land portion of the tour independently, and it worked out great and saved us some money. So you have options if it is sold out but hopefully it isn't if you want the convenience of going through the ship). The details of how we booked independently are in my signature line, but you should ask on the Alaska board for current info since my trip was 6 years ago, and the company that did the transfer from the ship to Anchorage has gone out of business.

180 is only an estimate. It could be more or less.

If they are not available for booking, the site would say not available yet.

If it says they are available, but full, then this has been shown to be a problem at this time.