Future Indy Cruisers!!! What do you want me to cover in my review?

Hi! Ok so I plan on doing a good comprehensive picture review of my 5 day 4 night on Indy in January. If you want something specific, let me know here. Whether it be pics of the compass', bar menus, specialty menus, spa menus...anything. Do you have specific questions you'd like me to ask? Want a pic of a specific area? I would like to hit a cabin crawl so I can get pics of different categories. let me know here :)

Menus of everything and compasses would be wonderful. Would be interesting to know which menus they go with on a shorter cruise. Photos of the room and just general photos of the ship would also be helpful.

Thank you for asking and enjoy your cruise

Could tell me what kind of bedding they have? I cannot sleep on very hard beds with hard pillows. Do they have mattress toppers available? Thanks.

We are super concerned about this! My mattress at home is a memory foam mattress with a 4" aloe vera gel pad on top. The reviews of my mattress online call it hard as a rock, too firm, a slab of concrete and more. We love it. I'm still bringing an egg crate type of topper for us just in case. I'll be honest and thorough in my review about the mattress!

Hello could you find out about discount for beverage package for platinum member? I'm reading on cc the bar should know. Thanks in advance and enjoy your cruise!

From reports from multiple ships posted here, only Diamond level and above are getting discounts on beverage packages.

Hello could you find out about discount for beverage package for platinum member? I'm reading on cc the bar should know. Thanks in advance and enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have not read anything indicating that there is a discount for platinum members. The only discounts that I have seen are,

D - 20%

D+ - 30%

P - 40%

• 3 weeks later...

You may just want to relax and focus on the vacation part.

And not so much on writing a review, taking a bunch of pictures, and researching questions for others.

I know you are trying to be helpful.

However the ship has been around for 8 years and there are already a ton of photos and hundreds of member reviews already out there.

A 4 day cruise is pretty short and it will be over pretty quick.

It would be a waste to stress yourself out trying to document everything...

Yes there is. It is on the stairs going from Deck 11 to 12 by the main pool area.

When we did Liberty earlier this year it was on deck above the bar on 12 ( sister ship), but on Navigator is was between 11 and 12 ( much better area) , but I know even sister ships are not always the same on RCCL

You may just want to relax and focus on the vacation part.

And not so much on writing a review, taking a bunch of pictures, and researching questions for others.

I know you are trying to be helpful.

However the ship has been around for 8 years and there are already a ton of photos and hundreds of member reviews already out there.

A 4 day cruise is pretty short and it will be over pretty quick.

It would be a waste to stress yourself out trying to document everything...

Thanks for the advice lol but I love reviews! It's a 5 day cruise and honestly there are not many good current reviews out there on her. I and many others have expressed requests for reviews. Reviews and pics of a ship 8 years ago are hardly helpful now :) Compasses and menus and new drinks and entertainment call for new pictures, reviews and of course opinions! Relying on a review from 6 years to go to find out about mattresses is not useful.

I'm sure you were looking out for me and thank you lol! I guess for some taking pictures and doing reviews may be stressful but I'm sure not one of those people :p I hope you relax and enjoy your next cruise in the way you enjoy!

Edited by luckyprincess

Currently on independence, no alcohol package discount..Diamond plus.... Mattress is comfy with an extra foam layer... Ship is beautiful

Heading to lunch. Hope everyone has a great day

And Internet is slow. We have the surf and stream package

Edited by dappledumpling

Currently on independence, no alcohol package discount..Diamond plus.... Mattress is comfy with an extra foam layer... Ship is beautiful

Heading to lunch. Hope everyone has a great day

And Internet is slow. We have the surf and stream package

Hi Dapple! Hope you are having an AMAZING time!!! Did you ask for the extra foam layer? Was it firm without it? And dammit for the slow internet!!! My techie man is going to be so frustrated lol!

Hi Dapple! Hope you are having an AMAZING time!!! Did you ask for the extra foam layer? Was it firm without it? And dammit for the slow internet!!! My techie man is going to be so frustrated lol!

The foam layer was already there.. It's firm but not too bad I slept real well. Our cruising friends say there's is too firm..she asked for an eggcrate topper but was told they don't have them.

Chops was great .. Much better than Giovanni's and I never thought I would say that.. So far fantastic cruise.. This is our fifth time on independence and she never fails too shine