wait listed for the MDR

Waianaegal522

I've not had this happen before, having not sailed with X in a number of years but with Elite status just wondering how often to call X to see if we've been given seating.

Also, without paying for dinner or the buffet where else is there to go... room service?

We are in a C2 on the Constellation in April 2017, 15 nights of hunting down where to eat??

Any suggestions, Thanks,

Carlene aka Waianaegal

I've not had this happen before, having not sailed with X in a number of years but with Elite status just wondering how often to call X to see if we've been given seating.

Also, without paying for dinner or the buffet where else is there to go... room service?

We are in a C2 on the Constellation in April 2017, 15 nights of hunting down where to eat??

Any suggestions, Thanks,

It sounds as if your first choice (early seating, late seating, or select your time) was not available and you are waitlisted for it.

But you should be able to get conformed for one of the two choices you did not want as first choice while still being waitlisted for the one you wanted.

So ask your TA (or Celebrity if booked directly) if you are confirmed in another option. If not, ask to be.

Edited by caribill

Thanks for the info, according to Celebrity when I spoke with them yesterday the set time seating was being wait listed. The "select" time seating was not even discussed or offered by the X agent, I'll look it up on their website so I am more informed of this type of seating and call them back.

Thanks a lot!

I'm confused! There are only 3 dining options when booking:

Traditional (set-time) early seating

Traditional late seating

Select

When you book you are assigned one of these. I would suggest you go online and check your reservation it will show which dining option you are currently assigned. Then if needed you can ask to be waitlisted for your preferred option.

Any suggestions, Thanks,

Carlene aka Waianaegal

We too are Elite Plus. We have had this happen the last few cruises we took. I called Captain's Club and had it changed. We did get our preferred seating for the dining room.

We booked Reflection for July 2017 and were given select as that was all that was left . We were wait listed for late dining. Within 10 minutes our TA phoned me back and said she had noticed we were elite so phoned Celebrity and we were immediately assigned late sitting.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info, according to Celebrity when I spoke with them yesterday the set time seating was being wait listed. The "select" time seating was not even discussed or offered by the X agent, I'll look it up on their website so I am more informed of this type of seating and call them back.

Thanks a lot!

Did you go to your "my Celebrity" account on the web site. It will tell you what your dining type is. If you do not have a traditional time you are in Select dining which is dining in the MDR at any time you wish. They probably didn't discuss it with you because they saw you had Select. The wait listing is for one of the traditional times, not a seat in the dining room unless you are in Aqua Class

If your reason for wanting a set time seating is because you want to eat at the same time every night and/or because you want the same wait staff every night...then select will work for you too. Just make reservations (you can do this vefore sailing) for the same time every night. After the first night, you can ask to be seated at the same table and with teh same wait staff every night. If you want a set seating because you want to eat with the dame people every night, then you need to ask for seating at the time you wish. I'v never run into anyone that didn't wind up with the seating they wanted. Personally I like select (before we traveled in aqua) because it was much easier to schedule around our evening activities.

After many of your additional suggestion I did go to X website and checked my reservation... and yes it was select but no times listed.

I found the dining options link and reserved the times we want on each day and it turned out just fine...

Thanks again.. all the little details are working out again with much help from the wonderful people on Cruise Critic.

Happy Sailing!!