Look for flights NOW!

S.A.M.J.R.

After stalking airfare since July for a trip to Barcelona, prices dropped today to <$500RT!

This is on Delta. When I called them about seat assignment, the rep said they had gotten an internal email advising there were cheap tickets to Europe opening up. Apparently to Barcelona is some of them.

I posted this today on other boards. Here was our deal today for Oct before Freedom TA Westbound:

Got a good price through air2sea on Delta for October 17. We leave from a regional airport, LIT, so there to Barcelona for $220.65 each is a great deal.

I added comfort plus to the overseas flight at the Delta website for 89 each. Total ticket price each: $310!

We cannot go anywhere in less than 2 flights. This is a three flight to Barcelona, but the first two airports are ATL and JFK (in the US) with adequate time to make the next one!

Color me happy! Check your prices each day right now.

I just got round trip tix from Det to Barcelona for $425ea on Delta for next September. I have not seen them under $1,200 since I started looking 2 months ago. I was going to use points that I will have in about a month, but the points needed kept going up. They stated at 60,000 now they are at 90,000. I am so happy. They are also perfect times with only one short layover.

Thanks for the heads up...just booked a quickie trip to Warsaw from DTW next September...$880 for two people r/t. I hunted around various cities, found cheap to Bilbao, Madrid, and Athens.

We have to scoot fast through CDG, with only an hour and 5 min connection...but I figure the worst thing that can happen is a night in Paris! We've made similarly short connections in CDG before.

Edited by buggins0402

Thank you so much for posting this! I too have been searching flight prices to Barcelona for months and every time I checked the prices were $1,200-$2,000+ :eek:

Just booked with United and TAP Portugal for May 2017 for just under $450 per person from Seattle to Barcelona. We will have 2 layovers but it's worth it for that price. Seattle to Newark, Newark to Lisbon, Lisbon to Barcelona. Reasonable layover times though, around 3 hours at each stop. We leave Seattle at 7:00 a.m. and arrive in Barcelona the next day before noon so that's perfect timing to still give us time that day to start exploring Barcelona (we are staying in Barcelona for 2 nights pre-cruise)!

Thanks again! Doing the Happy Dance! :D

Delta's bargain prices were still there this morning for some cities. But, in a matter of a few hours ....poof, I can't find anything.

I had told my boss what I was finding from DTW, giving him hints for a land trip. It wasn't just BCN...also Madrid, Nice, Venice, Athens, Naples, Valencia, Bilbao, Milan...

I actually called and changed my flights about an hour after I booked them, after I found a cheaper multi city Warsaw...return Krakow, through AMS in August. An upgrade to Delta comfort was pretty pricey at $119pp, so I only booked it on the more critical way there. But, $1100 for two people in August RT Europe is an amazing price.

Woohoo! Thanks again for the heads up!!! The flights I booked yesterday are now $1300 pp!

Edited by buggins0402

Prices have gone back to normal. Just thank you to OP bc my 2 sisters and I got our flights for less than $500 pp. Now it's $1500 pp![emoji15]. There are still cheaper prices on Delta/AF/KLM but only on certain days and routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prices have gone back to normal. Just thank you to OP bc my 2 sisters and I got our flights for less than $500 pp. Now it's $1500 pp![emoji15]. There are still cheaper prices on Delta/AF/KLM but only on certain days and routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If others are still looking, there appears to be some under $700 flights showing up to BCN from DTW, through ATL for August. MIght be worth a look see if your dates and cities are in what appears to be a more limited sale (at least right now).

• 2 weeks later...
It would be helpful on posts like this to specify the dates you saw with cheap fares, what actual fares you saw, and whether it was for coach or business class. ;)

I played around with the DL website for a bit yesterday with flexible dates for S&Grins. For DTW I saw a good amount of $700 range economies to BCN in Sept. No FCO's. ATL looked similar to DTW. MSP seemed to have more economy availability and did find some MXP and LIN in the $700 range out of there. When I saw good fares out of those airports it was mostly shoulder season - May or Sept.

For economy fares it didn't appear to be as widespread as to cities or months, or as low of fares ($400 range) seen in that November economy flash sale.