Alaska 2018 Cruise and Cruise Tour

Coral

Thanks Coral!

The interesting one is the September round-trip Los Angeles on the Golden! Are we getting the Golden back?

I prefer the Golden to the Crown and Emerald. I would love to get the Golden back.

I think the Island Princess itinerary is interesting with Icy Strait Point going Northbound.

Since I have to fly, I am not interested in going to LA for an Alaskan cruise. I want as many days in Alaska.

I wish they would bring back the true 14 day route, or at least some new options, Would love to visit Seward, Kodiak and Homer as examples

Loved that 14 day (round trip Seattle) we took in 2010 on the little Royal Princess. We keep hoping to see another itinerary like that again.

Loved that 14 day (round trip Seattle) we took in 2010 on the little Royal Princess. We keep hoping to see another itinerary like that again.

If you don't mind going on Holland America they do the 14 day Alaska round trip from Seattle. We did it this May on the Maasdam and it was fantastic. Next year it is on the Amsterdam with 9 sailings from May to September. Ports did include Kodiak and Homer in addition to sailing all the way up Cook Inlet to Anchorage.

If you don't mind going on Holland America they do the 14 day Alaska round trip from Seattle. We did it this May on the Maasdam and it was fantastic. Next year it is on the Amsterdam with 9 sailings from May to September. Ports did include Kodiak and Homer in addition to sailing all the way up Cook Inlet to Anchorage.

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that.

Princess does not have a ship that can operate the 14nt cruises and do it profitably. Sun/Sea/Dawn are probably the best options they would have (and even they may be a bit too big from a passenger capacity standpoint) and they are all fairly well ensconced in the Australia market these days, plus I think Dawn leaves the fleet next year if I remember correctly.

This is one itinerary where I think Princess is ok letting a certain # of clients bleed over to sister line Holland America for.

Here you go..... Open for booking through Princess or your TA on December 1st.

When cruises first become available for booking like this is it available for booking online first? Or only through travel agents and Princess’ agents only first? What time do such voyages become available for booking?

Edited by bicker

When cruises first become available for booking like this is it available for booking online first? Or only through travel agents and Princess’ agents only first? What time do such voyages become available for booking?

In the past, the website we see hasn't always been available on the first day. People who called their TA or Princess direct seem to get through before you could book on the website.

I think they said the bookings open at 4 pm Pacific time.

In the past, the website we see hasn't always been available on the first day. People who called their TA or Princess direct seem to get through before you could book on the website.

I think they said the bookings open at 4 pm Pacific time.

Thanks... I assume you mean 4pm Pacific time on 12/1, not 4pm the day before. (Not sure why I'd think that is worth asking, but 4pm seems a strange time to open something up, and it hearkens in my mind to things like certain religions' holidays that begin "the evening before".)

Edited by bicker

Thanks... I assume you mean 4pm Pacific time on 12/1, not 4pm the day before. (Not sure why I'd think that is worth asking, but 4pm seems a strange time to open something up, and it hearkens in my mind to things like certain religions' holidays that begin "the evening before".)

Sorry - it is 8 am Pacific time on 12/1.

It may be up a few hours early. One never knows.

Edited by Coral

Thanks!

The prices in the Excel file you posted are obviously the "starting at" prices for the group of categories. Specifically, I'm guessing that the price listed under "SUITE" is the S8 (Family Suite) price. Based on what I can tell from last year's initial pricing, I'm guessing that a Penthouse Suite (Category S4) will cost $600 pp more on a seven-day cruise than the price listed in the Excel file under "Suite". Does that seem like a reasonably fair guess?

Edited by bicker