Chops/Giovanni's Table: A Culinary Celebration?

davidasman

Cruising on the Jewel in a few weeks and the Dec 24 & 25 bookings for both Chops & Giovanni's has the added "A Culinary Celebration" in it's name...along with a $40 & $50 (respectively) price premium.

Anyone know if this is just to curb demand on the First Night of Chanukah/Xmas Eve & Xmas Day...or if there's actually a difference? Thanks!

Cruising on the Jewel in a few weeks and the Dec 24 & 25 bookings for both Chops & Giovanni's has the added "A Culinary Celebration" in it's name...along with a $40 & $50 (respectively) price premium.

Anyone know if this is just to curb demand on the First Night of Chanukah/Xmas Eve & Xmas Day...or if there's actually a difference? Thanks!

I know that we ate at Chops Grille on Harmony of the Seas last week as part of our 3 specialty restaurant dining package and it was the best meal we had on the ship! Not sure if that price is a further "up charge" due to the holiday but it is definitely worth it!

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, yes, they are "upcharging" for the restaurants for the holidays. "Merry Christmas" my butt! ;)

RCI has a deal going on now for Buy One Get One 2 night specialty dining package. The only 'catch' is you have to go on days 1 and 2 of the cruise. I believe they reserve two restaurants for you and you can change them if you want once you get on board. Not sure if it's fleet wide. I got it on the Jewel May 24th sailing.

We actually booked chefs table for Christmas Eve on Vision. Chefs table is only about 10$ more expensive than Giovannis and Chops but the wine is included. I hope we get a nice evening and good food.

Chefs Table is not in a private nice up scale dining room, but is held in

Windjammer Café. Our pricing on Liberty was a lot higher than 10% over other specialties . Event lasted about 3 hours.

Edited by ssb

We just completed a b2b on Freedom OTS from 5-20 Nov 2016 and couldn't say more positive things about each. Visited Giovanni's twice and had wonderful dining experiences each time. Tried Chops after several not so great meals on other RCCL voyages last few years and were very pleasantly surprised. Filet mignons couldn't have been better!

Haven't cruised over the holidays so don't know about pricing.