Photo packages? Worth the $349?

In general no. However it depends on how many photos you let them take from you / your group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We love getting our photos taken. We always do the package at Disney. So that's why asking for the cruise. Most phots are 21 each correct? So why would it not be worth it?

We keep all our photos in digital or shutterfly albums that we create. I wouldn't know what to do with a stack of actual prints.

If there are a lot of pics and you can get them on a memory stick I might consider it though I much prefer to have sightseeing pics from the cruise so I can remember the places we've visited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used to buy all the photos and we found that they were just stacked in a box. We also don't buy a different outfit for formal night for every cruise, so there were multiple photos from multiple cruises in the same outfits..lol. We had all these wonderful candid shots we had taken ourselves and these were the ones we cherished most. Most were when we were off the ship, doing all these fun things or seeing these amazing sights. Thank to one of my daughters, we now have each of our cruises in a shutterfly book. When friends want to see the photos, we don't have to sit beside them and tell them where each photo was taken or what we were doing because it tells them about the photo in the shutterfly book. We keep these on a disc too. You can't imagine what a WONDERFUL difference this is....and how much SPACE it saves. We get to enjoy the memories more often. We just pull out one of the books and look at it instead of sorting through all the heavy albums...and we spend the money we save on a great excursion.

It might make sense if you pose for every photographer onboard every day and have a portrait taken at every portrait station every night.

Personally, I just give a polite "no thank you" to all of the photographers because we will not purchase the photos. Even if the photo is good, they will ruin it with the frame that they print around it.

Hi,

My family and I recently were on the Indy and we purchased the $349 package and we were pleased with it.

My family consists of my wife, son, his wife, our 17 month old granddaughter and myself. At every opportunity we had our photo taken, mostly of our granddaughter.

At the end of the cruise we had several hundred photos and a disc with the photos on, including copyright.

My son and his wife are giving out many of the photos as Christmas presents, we have had calendars and such like made up.

Was it good value for us, yes.

Pete

I generally stick with just purchasing a few that I like best. If I had a large family as some others have described, I would certainly consider it - and would make sure to get photos taken all over.

I have found that some of the best pictures taken of me ever have been by cruise ship photographers. Maybe it's the sea air! Maybe it's because I'm happy I'm on vacation!

Originally we had not planned on a lot of photo taking...but ended up by the second day making sure we took advantage of it. And we had 4 adult kids with us mid/late 20's who did a ton on their own. So, we ended up purchasing the CD (2013 Indy) and glad we did. We had over 100 photos and printed at Costco and photo books too. Way cheaper. Daughter just finished honeymoon cruise on Carnival Breeze and spent $311 for 16 photos. It downloaded onto her iPhone. So, if you are taking a lot of photos along the way and you check to see if they are turning out good...then I would do it. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPad using Forums